Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FACTION CHANGES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: HepKtAr.jpg?1]

1) Closed Economy now in effect.
2) Patriotism is now in effect.
3) Special Commands to individuals

Explanation of changes:

1) Probably one of the biggest changes in how we are going to play out this faction. From the April Roll Call I have noticed a slight problem in how things are worked out. It is true that still I will allow any ship from the list to be able to be purchased unless specified otherwise after virgin rank. It is not true anymore that I will allow that money to be taken from your outside characters.

What closed economy means is that you cannot transfer money from your characters that are outside of your faction. No money-making oorply. All money has to be generated by your character inRP.

What this does is:
- You make money with the characters.
- You go into my depth with your character.
- Our role play that we make our cash that supports our races makes more sense.
- Betting is now WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more valuable. The races we have will be WAAAAAAAAAAYYY more rewarding.

So as of now I would ask all of you to follow this change. I will also ask the members that are currently in to have your debt payed somehow. You know how much you are in debt by the roll call. The idea is you send the cash that you used to pay for your AFC ships that was external back to those characters and zero your profit. You can still keep those ships however.

For those of you that have a huge debt to pay... 30% - 50% is enough. You guys know who you are.

THIS ALSO MEANS THE STARTING OF NEW MEMBERS WILL CHANGE.

Each member that joins after today will be given for free an Arrow or a Camara (no armor, no cheetah). 1 or the other. They will then have to make their money off of that.
There are a lot of ways to do this. Either by racing and betting or doing jobs around etc.
I will also be issuing money for the jobs they do at the start to help them out.
This money will be funded by the AFC Bank.

The requirements to loose Virginity is still the same.

2) This one is more do-able. From the Roll Call I see that you boys and girls have already preferences for which chapter you like the most. I would ask that you actually stick to ONE chapter primaraly and keep only 2 ship for other chapters if you wish. We still have nomad status for you to go anywhere but that has to be worked for.
The idea is to bring more competition to the faction. Internal competition between chapters and some rivalry of sorts. I'd like to see chapter vs chapter in things and there to be fun in it.
The ZOI rules also keep in mind. You can only operate in the other chapter's ZOI if you get permission from the Chapter Leader. If there is no Chapter Leader then you must get permission from the Vice or the Prez.
After finishing the Virgin rank then you should have an idea of what you want to do. A Virgin rank can more freely from one chapter to the other and thus the chapters can try to recruit the Virgin to join them when they are Rookie. Once a Rookie THEN you choose your lights.

3) So yeah I have had enough with some people here thinking they can bi-pass my list of ships......

The dude with the Union Corse Light Fighter and the dude with the Corsair Light Fighter.
I want them either de-tagged and the AFC ID removed OR You do what I asked you to do and do RP to get the damn ship.
Logan did for his GMG ship. Great example. Look at it and read it and do it.

I don't want to get into trouble for things like this mmkay? We have faction perks too that we can use but saying "I stole it" doesn't work here. Remove or de-tag it.

MEMBERS OF THE FACTION CAN POST BELOW TO DISCUSS
[Image: HepKtAr.jpg?1]

Repair Bills
is now in effect.

As a group we have agreed on a trial run of 2 weeks with the following idea:

When you die from anything that is not against the rules, you will face 2 choices.
1) Pay the AFC Bank 20% of the ship's worth (including equipment).
2) Deliver specified goods to the faction PoB in order to inRP have your ship repaired.

Therefore there are 2 choices. The first is a quick choice of payment to continue and the next choice takes longer. Members will have to take close attention to not die now in order to not fall under these rules.
The money goes to the Faction Bank and will be used for Events, bounties, and faction related projects/SRPs. The president will therefor not be paying himself but the club.

Loans will be given out from the faction bank if the player cannot do any of the above 2 options. There will be an interest rate for every day.

Virgins are vulnerable to this new ruling and the verdict will be that the first 3 deaths for a virgin with a balance of 2 million or less will be free. After that you SHOULD be able to pay up.

Reporting these deaths will happen in the message dump. If you do not report and don't pay up and we find out that you died then the player must pay 100% of the ship's worth to the bank or have a harder time repairing that ship.

Delivery for repairs is yet to be decided later today in the next few hours.
Repair Bills is not in effect until announced otherwise.

HARD CORE MODE

We will be adding a new section shortly to the AFC called Hard-Core Mode.
This will be a more advanced version of what we have so far as "semi-hard-core".
Doing this will allow players to have a choice between playing more relaxed in the faction (using current standards of play) or taking it a set further and playing into a more immerse style of play with 1 life. No respawns etc.
There will be needed Role-Play experience needed in order to do this properly and advance in your carreer as a racer/biker whatever.

Please stay tuned for more details in the coming days.
[Image: xaI0W9q.png]

REPAIR BILLS - VERSION 2.0

For 1 month starting from Monday, Feb 15, 2016 , we will be trying out to go a bit more hard core in our play.
As seen from the last try to get this through, we have been thinking about it and making corrections.

For a trial run of 1 month, here are the new rules for our closed economy to make things a bit more challenging but not too much.
(also because we are opening our bounty board soon, we will need the cash to fund it especially for in-faction payments)

The rules are simple:

If you die in a legal death with no rules being broken, you have 2 options:

1) Payment:
Pay 5% of the ship's cost for a quick repair.
You may take out a loan to pay that will be given interest to.

2) RP repair: Haul Supplies to the faction PoB:

Light Fighter: 500 RA + Freighter full of weed
Heavy Fighter: 1500 RA
VHF: 2000 RA
Bomber: 3000 RA
Transport: 1500 HS
GB/Special ship: 3000 HS

Additionally there is also an option to pay a insurance fee for 1 month. The interest fees will start and end on the start and end days for the month. If you decide to pay for insurance on the middle of the month then you will have it for 1/2 of the month.
You may choose to pay 5% of what is worth of the most expensive ship you have or if your ship has a Cap 6+ then you only pay 2.5% of it for insurance.

As before, Virgins are exempt from this rule for up to 3 Deaths.

If you fail to pay up or repair your ship and the club finds out, you are to pay 50% of what the ship is worth or you will need to transport x2 the amount required for that ship.

Hopefully this system will be interesting.

All payment will be directed to a bank that I will make soon.

Skype chat for any questions.

I will also be making a special thread dedicated to posting payments or hauling proof.

Remember, gents. Take care of your ships!

in other news the BB is being finished as well as some other Big Plans TM.
Taking effect from this moment forwards, since Logan ( ) is taking a break, he has asked to find another 2ic to take over.
Until he returns and will want to resume being 2ic, the new 2ic will be .
He will be briefed asap about what he can do and will gain a full understanding etc. I would ask everyone to please to patient with him in this transition as well.

in short, i would like to help in organizing events, and help in other ways.

Additionally, the penalties for getting blued in space have not been started yet, but it will hopefully soon be added once there is a full system in place. This will be further internally discussed.