Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Colonial Republic High Command || From: The Armed Forces, Admiral C Brooks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission

Sender ID: Admiral Charlotte Brooks
Encryption: High
Priority: Medium
Recipient: Colonial Republic, High Command

Good day Gentlemen/Ladies,

Allow me to introduce myself; I am Admiral Charlotte Brooks, Commander of the 9th, 10th and 12th Fleets of Her Majesties Bretonian Armed Forces. I contact you today to extend our gratitude for your support in our common enemy, Gallia. We, the Admiralty Board, feel we should be coordinating our efforts to ensure the imminent fall of the invaders. As a combined force, we could inflict more than double the damage we are currently doing to the Gallic Fleets. As of right now we aren't sure how the Armed Forces could help you in your constant battle in the Taus. This secure channel can be used to relay information, plans and any queries we should have.

Gods speed,

Admiral Charlotte Brooks
Commanding Officer of Her Majesties 9th, 10th and 12th Fleets
Commanding Officer of Her Majesties Royal Merchant Navy
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Ended
Transmission Incoming
ID: Commander Naia Myers
Subject: Cooperation

Good evening Ms. Brooks,

You are indeed right, combined forces are our best chance to get rid of the invaders.
Our current operations in the Taus will be focused on the systems that we consider to be our property, these are namely: Tau 44, Tau 23, Tau 37 and Tau 29. We will nonetheless gladly aid you in Tau 31, if necessary we will also try to find a way to help you supplying your people caught in there.
The Carrier Hades will be moved from its current position, to one of higher tactical importance for our long term goals, I can however not tell you about the exact plans until it has arrived.
Currently we are using guerilla tactics in the Taus, hitting the Gallics whenever possible, while using the asteroid fields as cover. These tactics do however not allow the use of larger vessels, which reduces the effectivity against larger fleets with Capital ship support somewhat, as we have to waste too much time to destroy Valors. So far we have not found a solution to this problem, maybe you can think of something?

Another issue we currently have to face, seems to be the increased amount of infected humans in both, Coronado and the Tau systems. I would advise your people to be as careful as possible, we had sent one of our Squad leaders to learn about the Nomad danger, if wanted, we can gladly arrange meetings, so that he could sensitize your people for the problem. Enclosed you can find an excerpt from the report, the vessels appears to have belonged to a certain John Whiskers.

Quote:slightly north of Holman, a Bretonian fighter appeared, seemingly operating with the same goals as we were. Surprisingly, the ship started using known alien/heretic code in its transmissions. Taking no chances, I gave the order to engage and following a protracted chase fight, managed to eliminate the heretic spacecraft. On a side note, proximity-triggered ordnance is woefully ineffective in asteroid fields. Recommend replacement.

All that amidst professions of innocence, coupled with threats of diplomatic reprecussions. All too familiar and ineffective, considering both the 15th's experiences against irrefutably infested D9, as well as standing rules of engagement and recognition manuals.

I am also going to inform you that the Republic is going to increase its military presence in the space surrounding Coronado, there have been reports of criminal elements and first Gallic vessels in the area, so we will place Cortez and Baffin under Colonial law in order to be able to patrol the space without violating our own laws.

-Myers