Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gallic Import/Export Avis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 220px-Flag-gallia2.png]

Our masters of trade have analyzed a change in profits. It seems the treasonous rebels have started to increase their intensive to smuggle goods in and out of Champagne. This is a laughable attempt to keep the war ongoing inside our house. At this point forward, any and all imports and exports going to or from council space is banned. This includes their new... Fromage. As laughable as it is, we do not want to see any support given to those scum who deny their King. No attempt will be made to make this new route legal. We do not want to see those who spit at the king's shoes live.

Cordialement,
Jacques Béringer
+++ - INCOMING TRANSMISSION - +++
(encryption: high enough...)
Kapitän Reinhold Saubermann
ALG-Transportschiff "Clean.Space"
Dortmund Station, New Berlin

TO:
KINGDOM OF GALLIA
Monsieur Jacques Béringer

SUBJECT: Transport of Fromage

Guten Tag,

my Name is Reinhold Saubermann and i am the Kapitän of the transport class ship "Clean.Space", which i am in charge since quite a few years now. My crew and myself are trying to keep the Sirius sector (and sometimes Gallia) clean and tidy and also carry goods allmost everywhere.

At least once every week I study the lawbooks of all houses (and also Gallia) to make sure that the cargo we are carrying is allowed to haul. So in the past few years WE NEVER HAD PROBLEMS with any police-officer neither in Gallia nor in the sirius-sector and we did our jobs honest and right and NEVER broke ANY LAW anywhere...

Until today:

Docked at Reims-station in Champagne i saw they where selling fromage and once again I read up the Gallic Royal Charter to be sure to load only legal cargo.

I didn't find "fromage" or "cheese" in there as restricted or even contraband cargo and we prodeeded loading it into our ship and started our way home to Rheinland...

In Rishiri at Misaki-station a gallic royal-police-officer (GRP|-David.Lestrange) tried to stop our ship. Docking process was already initiated for small repairs and a short Pause for our crew. But when i read the comms and noticed your officer asked for a cargo-scan we undocked again - knowing we have nothing to hide. Obviously we failed...

What happened then is .... at least unbelieveable:

Monsieur Lestrange told me to pay 10.000.000 Sirius Credits and wanted to terminate my cargo.

The scene somehow reminded me of experiences with corrupt police-gangsters in Liberty, which forced me to pay fines for doing nothing wrong, only to save my crews and my own lifes...

Officer Lestrange spoke about a communication, which is visible for whole Sirius and Gallia, he was unfriendly and I was forced to dock at Misaki-base again to safe our lifes as he began to shoot...

At this time i really thought, that this officer is corrupt. I read the Gallic Royal Charter before my crew has loaded this cargo and I was sure that it was legal. There has been no "Fromage" on the contraband list and I couldn't believe that there's any "communication" which stands above the Gallic Royal Charter, which is the law of the King of Gallia.

Still cannot believe this....

Obviously officer Lestrange has been right -
Obviously there is no need for laws in Gallia, because

- goods get declared contraband in comm-channel without any notice in the Gallic Royal Charter

-as Msr. Lestrange told me, GRP-officers can declare goods or situations illegal at their own will. Unfortunately he was right with that....

So i payed the demanded 10.000.000 Sirius Credits...

- not enough for Msr. Lestrange. Now he wanted 20 Millions - I refused to pay that much and so he called me names and treated me like a criminal - He doesn't like Rheinlanders, does he?

So, PLEASE, can you put Fromage into the contraband list of the Gallic Royal Charter?

That could avoid cases like this, making right and honest spaceship-Kapitäns into criminals!

A transportship-Kapitän is no lawyer and doesn't have like 20 or more secretarys to catch a single communication out of hundreds and thousands, just because this "special communication" is standing above the Gallic Royal Charter...

But he is able to study the lawbooks from time to time to do nothing wrong!

And can you tell your officers to be more friendly, especially with people who TRY HARD TO DO THEIR JOBS RIGHT, especially when they enforce laws, which are NOT WRITTEN DOWN in the GALLIC ROYAL CHARTER, but HIDDEN among hundreds and thousands of comm-channels.

An excuse would also be appropriate, not only for me, but for many Kapitäns who try to do their jobs right and honestly.

And would you PLEASE be satisfied with the "fine" i payed - 10.000.000 Sirius Credits for DOING LITERALLY NOTHING which was/is against your Gallic Royal Charter?

Or would your officers treat me like a criminal further more?

Auf Wiedersehen!

ALG-Transport "Clean.Space"
----===== - TRANSMISSION TERMINATED - =====----
Battleship Oubli, Agincourt System
2 mai, 738 AGS

Sender: Grand Maréchal Leon Dupont, Royal Gauloise.
Recipient: Captaine Saubermann, ALG.
Topic: Mistakes.

Well. Lets see here. You, and I quote, "Docked at Reims-station in Champagne". A Council contested system, and a Council base.

Your banned from Gallia for supporting the rebellious effort of the Council and a report will be sent to your superiors.

Leon Dupont
Grand Maréchal of the King's Royal Navy

Transmission End

+++ - INCOMING TRANSMISSION - +++
(encryption: high enough...)
ALG-Transportschiff "Clean.Space"
Dortmund Station, New Berlin

TO: KINGDOM OF GALLIA
Grand Maréchal Leon Dupont

SUBJECT: IGNORANZ & ARROGANZ

DANKE,
at least my last question is answered now.

Poor Gallia, where the comms of some ... officers ... override the Laws of the King.

Poor King.
Poor People.

ALG-Transport "Clean.Space"

----===== - TRANSMISSION TERMINATED - =====----