Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonia wide transmission - source unknown.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
voice only
source unknown
opening now

Greetings, citizens of Bretonia.

Once upon a time, there was a world. A habitable world, with woods, lakes, rivers and animals. It wasn't the most beautiful world, no, but it had it's treasures, it had it's wonders. Then, there was a man. A man dressed with the most expensive and fancy clothes one could think of. That man not only looked upon the untained world, but actually moved his eyes inside it. He ordered his countless servants to survey and research the world. They showed him it's wonders, they showed him it's harsh beauty. But the man was blind. He didn't saw that. He didn't thought about billions of lives on this world. He didn't thought about how good people could live there, in harmony with those that were there before. He instead only thought about money and wealth. Two things that keep our society corrupted simply because everyone puts such an unreasonable emphasis on them.

His servants showed him the interior of that world, filled with minerals and metals. The man, seeing what he laid his claim on, was quick to order thousands of poor minions to arrive there, to remove those who owned that world. To dig, to burn, to anihilate. And they listened, driven by the same lust that took control of their master. They killed the animals, burned the woods, poisoned the lakes and rivers. The harsh world died in suffering. Instead of becoming a potential home of many people, a home where we could raise our children in peace, it has became a hellish world, covered in poisonous gases and acid rivers. It was, and still is, called Leeds.

Both me and you know what happend there. Many of you saw how it looks like on their own eyes. It is happening to New London as you listen to this message. It can happen to Sprague. It can happen to Cambridge. It can happen to Carlisle or Forres. It can happen to Gaia.

We are destroying our own home. We are killing our brethen that we should be protecting. We have our intelligence for a reason. We're not meant to bring destruction, chaos and pain. We're meant to endure and learn about this place. We're meant to protect this universe, it's wonders and treasures. And we will. But we need your help.

It is us, humans, that have to stand for Nature and Her creations. To protect and learn about them. I am not asking you to take up arms, no. I am asking you to keep in mind what I said and think it over. Is money and wealth worth the damage we are causing? Is our own well-being worth depriving our children of their homes? Think it over, people of Bretonia, as the guardians of Nature and Her creation rise from the ashes. The Gaian Guard stands once again. We are rising once more, and we will do it again and again as long as it is necessary for our sacrifice to make humanity understand it's mistakes. For you to understand your mistakes.

We are not the enemy of a common man as long as he or she is not going to stand in our way. Keep this in mind as well, as we do not wish to shed bretonian blood in vain.

For your and our homes, lives and future.

Farewell.

transmission end
Incoming Transmission from Planet New London, New London system
29/04/822 A.S.
[Image: wLz7B.png]
To: Channel participants.
Priority: Low.
Topic: What a load of twaddle.

Message Contents:

A compelling story. A solitary tear trickles down my cheek as I stoically consider the platitudes and excuses the Gaians lay before me. Truly touching. But do you know what occurs to me? There's a bigger, more important story going on here, one that the good men and women of Bretonia should be a great deal more interested in.

The Gaians are not the innocent protectors of the environment they like to disguise themselves as. Nor are they at all hesitant to spill the blood of their countrymen. Why, for years, good men and women, we struggled against the base aggression of Kusari and the atrocities they committed in the name of expansion. And who should be there to aid and abet in their slaughter, but the Gaians?

Despite this treason, this knife the Gaians planted in the back of the honest Bretonian man and woman, we persevered, and expelled the KNF from our lands. But of course, a new threat eclipsed even them. The specter of Gallia loomed large to threaten the very existence of our fair House. And yet again, who should embrace their well worn groove of treason, but of course the Gaians?

They claim Gaia has been secured, but all they have done is hand it over to a newer, greedier, insatiable master. All they have done is sated their lust for Bretonian blood with the hidden blade of treason. The Gaians may claim to fight for the good of the Bretonian people, but know me! They do not. They fight for their own sordid goals, and they will betray and murder however many Bretonian citizens they need to to see that through.

Oh so very yours in service to the Crown

Andrew Peterson MBE
Trade Combine Manager
Borderworld Exports
Transmission End
voice only
source unknown
opening now

Greetings!

If you would actually try and listen to what I said, my dear countryman, you would know that I never claimed us to be innocent. Yes, we are commiting actions we are not proud of. Yes, we did spilled the blood of our countrymen. Our countrymen that decided to point a gun at us. I did not warned you without a reason. We did not want that. And we do not want that to happen again.

You call us traitors, my fellow countryman, without knowing the bigger picture. I wonder, would you bark at Corsairs if they would take over Cambridge and hold your people hostage? No, you would not. You would do everything you can to pleasure them to preserve the lives of your fellows, to protect what you hold dear. You would give up your own honor to save them. Do not try to play a brave hero and deny that, we all know that this is how it would look like.

As we are at it, we never aided Kusari in their attempts to conquer Taus. Get your facts straight, it will save you a lot of embarrassment caused by false accusations.

Actualy, it is time for another story.

Once upon a time, there was a system. Lewis, it was called. Small, unnoticed and quiet refugee for those who held our universe dear. We built a small base there, Glendale it was. Home for our families, scientists and children. Almost a thousand of people, living in tranquillity, away from your prying eyes and attempts to destroy their lives just because they were born as one of us. And then, there was Orkney. Another small system, with an odd minefield spreading it's expanse on the outskirts of the heliosphere. The minefield was breached, and an armada followed. Gleaming, white behemoths rolled out, slowly but surely wiping out those poor Council souls. They soon turned their eyes towards Lewis as a path to their revenge. Lewis was a path to satisfying their lust of vengeance.

So they took it. A mass of shining monoliths poured into Lewis with only one goal: eradicate Bretonia. And they soon noticed our small base, our refugee for those we want to protect. And they slaughtered them. They slaughtered everyone they could. For your own information, my fellow countryman, we are the ones that put up the first stand against the gallic onslaught. We are the first ones that had to sacrifice our lives to save our families and children. We do not consirder Gaia to be safe. We do not want gallics in there as much as you do not want them in Leeds and New London.

It is up to you if you want to remain with your imaginary view on us or finally understand what is going on on and behind the frontlines. I wish you to make the right choice.

Have a nice day.

transmission end