Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The attack on the Gallic POW camp(Leeds).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Username removed

*Redfire walks in the bar after a long day of training with his chosen troops when he sees Xalo leaving the table with Amanda.*

*He walks up to the table and takes a seat on the opposite end*

Greetings lady, I see you've met Colonel Xalo.

*He sees the bottle of scotch and Xalo's empty glass, he was about to shout, but instead sighs and swallows his words.*

One day he couldn't keep it together? One fracking day?

How much has he had?
She shrugged.

- He seemed to be at least slightly drunk. Few bottles for sure. Maybe a bit more. - she looked over him. - Hm... Would you happen to be monsieur Redfire?

Username removed

*Redfire didn't say another word about Xalo but he looked obviously shocked after hearing of a few bottles*

Indeed ma'am, I'm known as Redfire, I assume he introduced me already?

Now excuse me, but I have to go find Xalo, we are supposed to be leaving shortly on a very important mission, I think I will need to delay that now, again.

*Redfire stands up*
- Alrighty... Oh, could you please tell monsieur Xalo to not go through the hassle of getting the equipment for me? I have my own. - she smiled at him and stood up as well, finishing her glass of wine - I'm not going to delay you. Though, if plan is changed, I wouldn't mind to know the new time of the mission's launch.

Username removed

*Redfire grabs Amanda's arm*

You aren't going nowhere.

Sit.

*Redfire makes Amanda sit back at the table, and he sits back where he was.

The man leans forward making a deep eye contact with Amanda, and speaks to her in a very controlling tone*

What did Xalo say to you?
She tilt her head, slightly annoyed by his touching.

- He said he will send me the plan when he will get back to his ship. - she shrugged. - He also asked me about my qualifications, what do I know and if the payment sounds good to me. That's all. - she looked into his eyes in return.

Username removed

*Redfire grunts, obviously angered by Xalo's decision to take in extra people without Redfire's knowledge and taps the table.

He takes a deep breath and approaches Amanda*

What's done is done, guess you're coming along then.

You need to know exactly what you're getting in to here.

This isn't your average go in-take that-go out mission, we are headed into a prison camp, guarded by the GRN.

*Redfire hands Amanda a datapad with the attack plan and the recordings from the briefing room*

This is a very serious task, you mess something up, and hundreds of people will lose their lives.

You will need to know how to fight, GRN has trained soldiers.

I've been training the team for the past few days in simulated scenarios, since we are waiting for equipment to come in and Xalo to sober up, we might have time for one more simulation and a night of rest, get to it.

Now.

If you'll excuse me, I will need to figure out how to tell the troops why we haven't left yet, without making them think they'll be putting their lives in the hands of a drunk colonel.

Welcome to the team by the way.

*Redfire stands up and starts to leave*
- I know how to fight, don't you worry about that. I also know what am I signing up for. - she stood up as well. - Thanks, I think. I'll get myself ready in the meanwhile.

Username removed

*After an exhausting evening of training and a long day of sleep, the men and women of the group Redfire refers to as Militaires Sans Frontiers are finally ready to begin their long overdue mission...*

Greetings gents and ladies, the time has come to show those Gallics the error of their ways, and to the people of Leeds that they have not been forgotten.

You have been equipped with the latest in BAF combat armor and weaponry, let's head down there and send those baguettes back to their king, IN ASH CONTAINERS!

*The crowd cheered, as they were boarding the transport, Redfire approaches Amanda*

I understand you're good with getting into stuff, after we capture the command center I want you to remain there and do as much possible damage as you can, and also retrieve as much information as time allows.

*Amanda agreed, everybody is aboard the transport and Redfire is conducting several pre-launch checks*

Engines good and running...
Transponder shows neutral to the GRN...
Escape pods are green...

*Redfire turns his radio channel on for the entire transport*

You guys got your GRN suits, right?

YES SIR!

Good.

Everything checks out, we're good to launch.

*The transport un-mounts from one of Barrier's Gate's mooring fixures and heads towards Leeds, Redfire puts a song on the radio to keep the passengers with a positive mind set about the mission*

*He pauses the song for a bit to make an announcement in a humorous voice*

Alright folks, you're flying with FL-SPACE, enjoy the trip while it lasts because we're going to hit Gallic ground and hit it hard!

*The passengers are making jokes about the coming battle and wages are being set on who comes out alive*

:::Incoming transmission:::

'Ello boys, Ellie from Tinker's Pride here, we outfitted our ambulances with screamers and we're going to make a bombing run on that shield for ya, just ya see!

Dit you hear that boys? Looks like the Gallic shield is going to get fried, speaking of which we are just now exiting our cover and approaching the planet, we shouldn't have any trouble landing but be sharp.

*The troops cheered and laughed*

It's all fun and games until we hit the surface...

Oh shut up Brick, or that surface will have your face on it! Surface...your face? Get it? HAHA! MWAHAHAHA!!

Hey! Quit the crap you two!

Who's the new guy?

I think he's called Osnof, the bomber man!

A guy like that could get us killed...

*The mood is abruptly disrupted by a loud bang at the back of the ship*

What the heck was that?!

We've been disrupted...GRN patrol.

:::Incoming Transmission:::

This is GRN patrol zeta 12 to incoming transport, identify yourself.

Roger patrol zeta 12, I am corporal La Bouche, we have boarded a transport with Leeds refugees and are bringing it back to where it belongs.

What is your identification number?

I'm sending it now...

Roger, checking...that identification number is outdated! Cut your engines and prepare to be boarded.

*Redfire sighs and turns to his co-pilot, a mercenary woman he recruited from Barrier Gate*

I'm launching the CM, so much for a hidden landing, you take care of the men, I'll shake these GRN off.

*Redfire's evasive maneuvers combined with the newest countermeasures enables him to escape from the GRN's patrol, but in doing so, GRN has flagged his ship as hostile, any attempt to approach the POW camp will be met with fire*

Now listen up, we shook the GRN off for now but they'll be back, we can't land at the rendezvous point anymore so we will need to drop in the approximate zone, I am going to turn the ship around and head for the drop zone, you make yourselves ready, GRN is going to shoot as soon as we enter their range.

This is gonna be though.

*The crew prepares to eject the now compromised transport, private Glenn's helmet recorder captures the event.*

*The resistance fighters who were already on the surface join the fight and help Redfire's scattered group to reunite.

The battle lasts for approximately two hours, Redfire's group and the resistance fighters sustain several casualties, but they manage to push the GRN behind their walls.

Meanwhile Tinker's Pride made good on their word and took out the base's shield.*

*Redfire's group approaches the camp's north-eastern wall while the resistance fighters provide cover from the GRN guards.*

Osnof! You wanted to earn some credits? Here's your chance, bring those crates over here and blow us a way in!

Roger that sir!

*Osnof rushes towards Redfire, and mounts several kilograms worth of high-end explosives on the north-eastern wall, the two rush behind cover and Osnof gladly presses the button with a big smile on his face.

The resulting explosion destroys two of GRN's guard posts and litters the battlefield with overheated rock and metal which was until very recently part of a well guarded encampment.*

A resistance fighter gathers some men and rush inside the base*

GO! GO! GO!

KEEP YOUR HEAD LOW, TAKE COVER!

[Image: 33zfzew.jpg]

*The resistance fighters, Redfire, Osnof, Amanda and Xalo push back the GRN forces backed up by two mercenaries with rocket launchers who take out incoming groups of GRN troops*

Xalo, Osnof, flank them to the right!

Jim and Amanda, go left!

*The GRN's mounted defenses wreak havoc on the attackers but after intensive fighting they manage to secure the area.

Explosions are heard in the background as resistance fighters prevent GRN reinforcements from reaching the camp, others are placing AA turrets against incoming GRN air strikes from Battle Oubli, that is not enough however to prevent random bombs from falling around the attackers*

*The battlefield is littered with wreckage from crashing GRN vessels and lightened by the flames coming from destroyed heavy artillery.

The battle gets even worse as the attackers are moving towards the shield generator, four GRN guard posts protect it from the attackers*

Hey Francois, I think it's time to make use of that nice rifle that the admiral gave you, go to that position there and take out as many GRN as you can before they reach us!

*The ex-maquis makes his way between the burning ruble on an elevated platform and takes up position to snipe the incoming GRN troops*

[Image: 125kk5y.jpg]

*The automatic BAF plasma rifle with recoil absorption proves to work great in the hands of the ex-maquis as he easily takes out more than the half of the incoming GRN troops.*

*The attackers secure the area around the shield generator and proceed west towards the command center, leaving a small group of resistance fighters behind to protect against possible incoming GRN troops.*

Hold.

We've reached the area of the command center, Amanda, see any way we could get in?

*Amanda quickly scans the surrounding block of iron which servers to seal the command center from the rest of the base and reveals an elevator which can be used to reach the roof of the wall and enter the interior from there*

Alright men, move!

*The troops make their way to the roof, where they are ambushed by a GRN security drone, two men are instantly eviscerated*

Crap, TAKE COVER!

*A group of freelancers rush towards the nearest cover they can find, but only in vain as the gatling turrets of the drone burn through the cover and their armor like they were made of paper.*

[Image: fddb3s.jpg]

Hold on, I'll take care of that drone!

*Osnof takes a chaff grenade and with a well aimed throw, fries the drone's interior circuits making it let out a loud electronic buzz as it's components melt on the inside and crashes to the ground*

Well done boy, had I not taken you along this might have been our end.

*Redfire pats the newcomer on the back and proceed forth with their attack, while Redfire's group and the resistance fighters proceed forth towards the prison cells, Amanda and a group of resistance fighters penetrate the command center, easily disabling the two guard posts protecting it and gaining access on the interior.*

[Image: 23shdo4.jpg]

Amanda here, we've captured the control post and I've infected the main computer, it should be unlocked soon.

Roger that, we're proceeding towards the barracks.

*Amanda proceeds to hack into the computer and shuts down the propaganda holostatues in the nearby city, afterwards she starts to download data that flows in, she saves it on her datapad to be viewed later on, sorting out through all the flow of information at this moment would be a death sentence as the fight with the GRN still rages on inside the base.*

[Image: 2vnkpzs.jpg]

*Redfire and colonel Xalo manage to push back the GRN inside one of the barracks, Redfire runs after the retreating GRN troops inside one of the now smoking barracks and releases a flurry of lasers from his BAF machine gun which has a mortality rate of 3 GRN troops per second.*

Feels like just old days! YEHAAAW!

[Image: 14j95cg.jpg]

*Redfire's in such a rush that he barely misses colonel Xalo who stands a few meters in front of him.*

[Image: 14t928j.jpg]

*Soon the screaming of GRN troops being literally carved in pieces by Redfire's high-end machine gun cease, leaving an all too familiar silence which is shortly interrupted by bombardments*

Redfire, hurry up! We're losing men left and right, GRN has sent in heavy tanks! Get those prisoners out NOW!

*Redfire, Osnof and colonel Xalo make their way to the prison cells, Osnof places plastic explosives on each door and brings them down while Redfire sends the signal for the transport to come pick them up.

The prisoners look exactly as Redfire feared: malnourished, skeletal, many of them covered in bruises and wounded.

Tinker's Pride arrived at the scene to pick them up in their ambulances *

Everybody, make your way to the prison yard, transports are on their way and we are leaving! Repeat, everybody come to the prison yard now!

*The resistance fighters provide cover for the ambulances against air strikes from GRN while the transports load in the prisoners and what remains of Redfire's attack group*

[Image: rko23a.jpg]

What about you guys?

We'll get out via the underground tunnel outside the base, it's connected with the sewers from the city, we'll be fine.

Thank you for your help Redfire, you've saved a lot of lives here today.

I owed it to you, guess we're even now.

We are all in your debt, but if you don't leave now this all has been for nothing, GO!

*The survivors took off and left Leeds, while the resistance fighters fought their way back out of the POW camp which has now been reduced to rubble*

The hundreds of rescued prisoners are now in the care of Tinker's Pride, outside of Bretonia, they will need a long time to recover from the abuse of the Gallic Royal Navy.

The remaining freelancers and mercenaries which have been recruited by Redfire have left Barrier Gate richer than they ever were, and somehow they all forgot that their funding came from FL-ER.

Redfire, Xalo, Osnof and Amanda meet for the first time together at one table in the bar at Barrier Gate...*
Pages: 1 2