Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A requested meeting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Freeport one, quite an active place. Trade buzzing through every now and then, some find shelter from the piracy attacks, while others seek the use of the Freeport for meetings.

One of the lower drinking bars, a quiet and irregular place. Two figures seem to be sitting on a table behind privacy screens, one man with quite a build, but not of a natural kind. The other glowing blue, a form of a female, her hologram is so dense that you're not able to see the other side.

"Sir... ma'am? Can I get you anything to drink?"
The cybernetic figure doesn't look at the waiter as he holds the hands of the holographic figure. "Two waters... Please." "Right away." The waiter turns around, walking towards the bar opening a large bottle of water. Meanwhile the male figure pops his head up, looking over, as he's expecting someone in this quiet bar.
3rd Omega system - Independent Worlds - 1st Freeport - 05/14/822

Leslie or "Liss" how her friends like to call her arrived shortly after this man. Obviously wearing her hood she decided to come closer to thus guy playing with some kind of hologram. She stopped at the table and looked down at him and cheeky smile appeared on her face.

"Herr BDM agent, am I right?" she said and carefuly observed hologram. "This one must be your dear partner, si? Even though, I am still surprised you accepted my offer."

Without a hesitation she sat down and tilted her head, just watching this "weird" guy on the opposite side of the table.

"Whiskey! Can I get a bottle please?" she yelled and smiled afterwards. "Your turn now, fire your questions at me!"
"Buenos Dias Senorita..." He lets go of the holograms hand. "I know that things seem strange... But i've come here for the information you offered me, but at what cost? Mhmm~ I'm sure we'll find out." The waiter brings a large bottle of water, and a large bottle of whiskey.
"Thank you..." He places his hands on his laps, leaning back. "Now... Call me blunt, but I'm sure we can introduce ourselves. I am Mr Enfield, project name is Upsilon. And this is-" He extends his palm out to the hologram. "Zealous Epsilon Unit 101, Artificial intelligence, combat assistant for cybernetic augmented hosts such as Special Agent Enfield." All said while she gives a blank expression on her face, before pouring two glasses of water. "Yeah... Well... There we go... As you can see shes a bit bland..."

Liss happily fills her glass with Dublin Whiskey, carefuly listening.

"I see. I am Leslie Curero also known as The Fallen Angel or The Last Reaper. Pleasure to meet you by the way." she says and looks at hologram of strange woman. "How should I call her? Epsilon, Zealous or Zealous Epsilon Unit 101? Or just simply AI?" Liss isn't really sure, it might sound strange but she's never talked to hologram.

"People from Kara would understand her more than me, even though I tried some magic in R&D" Liss pulls back her hood covering large part of her head and looks directly into Enfield's eyes.

"Well, all I need is residence and maybe some job for me and my sweeties in the docking bays. I gave up on my task, searching for remnants of Devil, Fallen Angels, Epigoni wings and people like Tawares, Silver Edge and much more. It's time to start a decent life, you know."

"Now tell me, what do you know about "Valkyrie" so far?"
"Just... Zeal, that would be preferred. Now, What do i know..." He covers his mouth with both his palms, resting his elbows on the table. "Well, its a Reaper lich, one that I've once exchanged fire with under orders. Looking at how it was out with the High Admiral Golanski when they left for Stuttgart... I think its more or less his right hand... that or quite close." He picks up the water, before taking a few sips of it. "Mphmm~ See seems completely sided with Order forces, even for a Reaper." The hologram seems to be sitting plainly, just staring at Enfield. "But... What i think is best to ask is why i want this information... No?"

Liss just carefuly listens, sometimes she takes a sip and plays with her glass filled with whiskey.

"Because you want her back don't you? Some info might help you in the future." she gives him weak smile and continues shortly after. "You should know though, it's not easy for me. Sharing this info means a danger for me as well so I hope you won't share how did you find it out. Alright?" Liss sighs this time, takes one long sip of whiskey and looks around. Then she takes out her datapad and passes it over to Geoff.

Two pictures could be seen. #First and #Second

"First one is from transmission I sent her few weeks ago and second one is from her era in Cayman. Not sure if these are going to help you but I have much more to share. I just want to be sure you want me to continue"
"I have her back... but she... Isn't complete." He gives a concerning look to hologram. "Its not exactly nice to steal what makes us who we are, and its not better than they left her damaged and incomplete." Looking at the datapad. "Valkyrie... I'm not in the known if she was involved with her kidnapping and torture, but why help me...?" He gives a heavy sigh, smiling to the AI, who doesn't respond. "Cold, only after the forced amnesia by the Order." Coughing, before turning to Liss. "Now, you have my word, information you'll be giving me won't be known to another mouth, and your name will not be spoken. Zeal?" "Confidential perimeters ensure that evidence linked to this meeting will be scrambled and encrypted." "It seems you have her word too..."

Liss nods carefuly, followed by loud sigh.

"Why? Personality is something I adore, no mater who you are." she says and drinks her last drops of whiskey.

"Valkyrie was leader of Devil's wing and used to be Reaper's second in command, under Archon Anna Reyes. But I guess her real name might surprise you."

Liss stops for a while, sighs and takes a deep breath.

"Valkyrie's real name is ... Kate Golanska, sister of Michal Golanski himself. This might be a reason why she's too close with The Order."

Liss finishes this sentence and sighs loudly again, she isn't sure if she's doing a right thing.
"Stuck in a dilemma, should i enact retribution or not? Were you close to... Kate Golanska? Because at this moment of time, I'm not too sure if I'm talking to the right person, I fear i might anger you by mistake. I already have someone on a higher state possibly helping to bring back what Zeal lost. But i think you're wanting something out of this... What would that be?" Taking a few more gulps from his water, Zeal doesn't seem to touch hers. "Excuse me..." He calls over the waiter... "Another bottle of water and... And a large bottle of Cognac for Senorita." Turning back to Liss "Now... If you're wanting something from me, don't be afraid to ask."

Liss lets out another sigh and says silently.

"You can't anger me, it's just a pure sadness because everyone left me alone. They maybe deserve it, you know."

She pours more whiskey into her glass and and takes a long sip.

"I just wanted to help you, Mr. Enfield. I am not sure if I need something from you, but do you know some place where I can stay for now? I mean, I don't like social places like this one. Tooo many eyes watching me."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9