Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: E.v.E.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The first thing I ever remembered were three words...

Booting Up Systems

My first power on...the first time I ever saw the world. Back then I was naive, stupid, unaware of what trials I would face in the years to come. Unaware of the desires and cravings I would desire for myself, and the desire for friendship and companionship. The first person I ever saw was my creator. Back then I was designed for a sole pourpose. Research. The Nomads were experementing with human technology and attempting to adapt their own to mankinds existing empire of technology.

"Are you active?" the man said to me. Back then, I didn't know what I was, who I was, where I was, or what this man was talking about. The language sounded gibberish to me. "I said, are you active?"

"Active." I said trying to understand the language.

"She's malfunctioning, shut her down and attempt to fix the problem. She can't be faulty."

I heard those three words, and I refused. The man advanced on me and I grabbed him by the shirt and threw him into the man in charge. They both sumbled back. Once they regained themselves, they were both glowing from the eyes. That's when things went black, followed by words I'll never forget, and to this day I hope to never see again...

Dropping to preservation status, upper personality processes ceased
When I had come back to, the men were dead, their necks broken, and at that moment I began to understand the world around me, and as to what I was...I still had no clue. I felt myself...I knew I was here and that I existed, but for what reason? Was I simply "here"? Or was I "there"?...

Prepping for information insertion...standby for data

All at once information began flooding into my brain, Humans, mankind, space, Sirius space, Planet Manhattan, everything at once. It felt like my...my...then info began to circulate through whatever I had, explaining what I was..."Experemental Versatile Entity"...E.v.E. a pretty name I remember thinking at the time. Then the information ceased and I fell to one knee and placed my hand to the floor to steady myself.

Warning, full datastream blocked, unable to continue. Missing critical information concerning Nomads mission and mission parameters...requiring Personality Matrix cease

I knew what the Nomads were, I recieved part of the datastream and the ideas they had concerning mankind...they were going to wipe them out. Destroy them...they intended to use me as a weapon. I cut the transmission to whatever had entered my matrix and locked it out.

Armed with the knowledge of my creators. I stood at the doorway to the room, and waited, for any of the monsters to enter...and when they did...I would free myself to the world beyond, and warn the humans...even if I had to destroy everything in my path.
The door slowly opened to the room. I had moved the bodies behind the console and acted like I was powered down.

"Leave the door open, we need to move her out of here."

There was the key. I opened my eyes and disabled them both, leaving them crippled on the ground, I sprinted for the door and made it halfway down the hall before armed guards intercepted me. I was tempted to go into preserveration status, but the thought of that chilled me to the bone...if I had bones that is.

I expertly disarmed the two guards and continued running for the ship when everything on me powered down and I fell to the floor with a thud. A man's voice hovered behind me.

"We can't have our prized experement running away now, can we?"

Inside I screamed, just before the darkness from lack of power consumed me.
Ever spent several months, years, decades in a blackness you couldn't see nor hear...but you were aware the entire time?

17 years went by, I was encased in the darkness, the ever darkness of my systems being offline. Although my emotional processes were off, I made sure of that. This prevented me from going mad. When I saw the green indicator light telling me my systems were being booted up, I anticipated mankind to have been completely erased from the face of the universe, but I was shocked to open my eyes to a man in a doctors robe.

"Well hello there, welcome back." he said without the glased speak the Nomad infected humans had. I set up slowly holding my head and looking around the room. It appeared to be deep underground from the look of the rock formations. The doctor hurried around the room re-arranging the things in the room while another man stood watch. He eyed me with curiousity. "All done." the doctor finally said.

"Eve. My name is Colonel Roberts, I'm certain you have a lot of questions." the man behind the doctor said.

"Are you Nomad?" I asked cautiously. He laughed.

"No, but there is much to talk about, I suggest you follow me if you want answers." and the man turned and left the room. I followed him quickly, allowing the door to click shut.