Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Best fleet setup for system raids?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, in the community's opinion what is the best setup for a home system raid? It can be a nightmare to get these things right as you either bring too much or bring too little. What would make for the best balance?
2 solaris gunboats, 5+ cougars and a time machine bound for mid/late 2013

edit: go to bed lyth your gcses are important
One toucan, one sad boy, a wall purse, a cat, a TARDIS, a triple missile Bret gunboat and the Rubicon for good measure.
seriously though if you're going full tryhard bringing anything other than bombers and gunboats is inexcusable

it's boring as hell but a swarm of (preferably light) bombers backed up by solaris boats can annihilate everything if you give it enough time

ofc it's no fun to fight either and then people will stop logging against you XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
le toucan is right.
I hate to say this but this isn't flood and I'm looking for serious, insightful responses.
i would say two Cruisers with zapper and cerb
2 GB with Solaris
and a couple bombers
To clarify, I'm not necessarily asking to bring enough stuff to murder everything. For the bigger system raids the objective is typically to kill as many things as you can before dying, provided both sides have their fun.
A mix fleet of course. The BAF and Sairs usually pew each other once a week with a mixed fleet that usually consists of a few battleships and cruisers, a few gunboats and many more snubs.

You'd need something like 2 battleships, 2/3 cruisers to support the battleships. A few gunboats to support the cruisers then the rest being a mix of bombers and fighters. Usually they both require a lot of people on each side so that might be your biggest problem.
Honestly, the best raids I've been involved in are the ones where the enemy brings an entire fleet of battleships. Smashing fleets of caps into one another is hands down more entertaining than laggy fighters. That said I'm a bomber pilot, so that's probably why.
Pages: 1 2 3