Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Eden Institute Enrichment Centre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please post your applicaitons here.

Welcome to the new Enrichment Centre! Here is where you will find applications, as well as documentation of our research. Later, specific research jobs will be posted here that will involve various tasks involving study of spacial anomalies and entities throughout Sirius. Payment will be made upon Completing a research project.

Project One: Human Enrichment
Description: Undergo the Human Enrichment experiment
Tasks to complete: One the test begins, there will be three stages. Stage one is you after being approved. Stage two is "in progress" and stage three is complete. Payment will be made after stage three.
Pay: $40,000,000

Employee registry:

Name: Ted Thompson
Hair color: black
Weight: 168 pounds
Height: 6' 1"
Reasons for Volunteering*: I'm hopeful your program might be helpful in curing me of my addiction to cardimine

Name: Amelia Frye
Hair color: Red
Weight: Is this really necessary? 54 kg
Height: 1.73 m
Reasons for Volunteering:"Never do things others can do and will do if there are things others cannot do or will not do."

Name: Msyu Tanno
Hair color: Black (Dyed Purple)
Weight: 68432g
Height: 163cm
Reasons for Volunteering*: They say one should always strive to be a better person. You promise something close enough. I am curious.

Name: Alice (string);
Hair color: #CFB53B;
Weight: 217289.872 gram(s);
Height: 1.774715 meter(s);
Reasons for Volunteering*: You just keep testing and testing. With perfect results and no consequences (string);

Name: Kelly Marise
Hair color: Black
Weight: 55 kilograms
Height: 168 cm
Reasons for Volunteering*: Besides the money? Human Enrichment sounded nice.
Name: Ted Thompson
Hair color: black
Weight: 168 pounds
Height: 6' 1"
Reasons for Volunteering*: I'm hopeful your program might be helpful in curing me of my addiction to cardimine
Name: Amelia Frye
Hair color: Red
Weight: Is this really necessary? 54 kg
Height: 1.73 m
Reasons for Volunteering:"Never do things others can do and will do if there are things others cannot do or will not do."
Trough a very unimportant part of Sirius sector was flying a very unimportant ship. Onboard that ship was a bunch of very unimportant consoles. One of them beeped.

"This does look somewhat interesting." said a mildly bored comms operator, pilot and owner of the ship. There is actualy just one person onboard.
"Oh look. There is actualy a form to fill out."
Furious tapping ensued.

Name: Msyu Tanno
Hair color: Black (Dyed Purple)
Weight: 68432g
Height: 163cm
Reasons for Volunteering*: They say one should always strive to be a better person. You promise something close enough. I am curious.

"Well, that should do it. No just to wait." The sole person onboard the very unimportant ship decided to take a nap.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
SOURCE: ████████, A.L.I.C.E.
SUBJECT: Just taught us a valuable lesson in trust. For that, it receives 17 science collaboration points.

[Image: 4vrc3q.jpg]

Name: Alice (string);
Hair color: #CFB53B;
Weight: 217289.872 gram(s);
Height: 1.774715 meter(s);
Reasons for Volunteering*: You just keep testing and testing. With perfect results and no consequences (string);

TRANSMISSION END
Name: Kelly Marise
Hair color: Black
Weight: 55 kilograms
Height: 168 cm
Reasons for Volunteering*: Besides the money? Human Enrichment sounded nice.
Each of the test subjects recieve a mysterious package delivered to their varied and far between doorsteps. It contains a dark grey jump suit in their size, and a letter:

Congratulations! You have been accepted to the Eden Institute's enrichment center program! Please rendesvous with the science vessel "Borealis" currently in orbit on the dark side of planet Curacao in the Cortez system. Take only what you need for the trip and please notify your next of kin of your departure.

Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
The suddenly slightly more important person on board the very unimportant ship flying trough very unimportant part of Sirius sector was startled out of the nap by loud beeping noise.

"Gah. I knew I should turn down the volume! What is this?"
[3 minutes later]
"A surprisingly swift response. These people are serious. Interesting. Not entirely my colour but it was free so... Eh."

The slightly more important person set the ship autopilot to find fastest route to described location. Satisfied with calculated arrival time, the route was greenlighted and the comm operator, pilot and ship owner, all in one person, went to put on the provided suit.

After a not too long, the very unimportant ship was already approaching the coordinates.
"This ought be good." said the slightly important person which was also stylishly clothed now as well.
At first, Kelly thought this was some weird joke. Her opinion quickly changed upon receiving the package.

"Hmmmm.... A science vessel near Curacao.... In the best case, it'll be a vacation near a tropical planet." Next, she took a look at the grey jumpsuit. " I don't suppose they have this one in dark blue.... Oh well..."

Next, she headed for the docks, getting her fighter ready for the departure. Soon after, she puts on the jumpsuit too. She takes a look at herself in the mirror. "For sure these are designed to look bad..." She sighs.

About half an hour later, Kelly packed her bag, and threw it into the fighter's cargo hold. The way to Curacao was short, without anything worth mentioning. Soon, she spotted the Borealis, and engaged the landing/mooring sequence.

" Let's just hope that this whole "Human Enrichment" thing won't alter my looks." 
Amelia stumbled in to her apartment building from her night out with her co-workers. Out drinking on friday nights seemed to be the only time anything interesting happened in her life.

Born on Planet Erie, quite possibly the most boring place in the Sirius Sector. She had quite possibly Erie's most boring job. She hit a single button three thousand four hundred thirty-nine times in eight hours. What that button did, nobody would tell her. But that was what she was paid to do.

After a few moments on the long lift ride up, she really needed to pee. I wish I could afford one of the apartments near the ground, no need for this complete waste of time twice a day.

Ding

Ah, that precious sound of the arrival of her destination, she hurried off the lift and bolted for her apartment door. However, the building sway from the wind was particularly bad today, and in her inebriated state she was bouncing from wall to wall of the hallway. Disoriented from the whole process, she tripped over a package Oh fudge, jimmy-jacked.. Seemingly in slow motion, she landed harshly on the floor.

When the jarring pain to her jaw subsided, she rolled over on her back and just laid there. Raising her head, she looked at the culprit of her rapid descent. Then, she noticed that it was sitting outside her door. "Oh? It's for me. Dashing. Just dashing." Rolling over, she collected her delivery and made her way inside.

Days later, Amelia was signing her loan for her ship. The guy promised her it was the finest one on the lot. Granted, it was the only one she could afford. An IDC K-FR-2303 - Sunburst.

Stepping aboard, she took one last look at Planet Erie. Next stop, Adventure.
Pages: 1 2