Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I'm raging about cloaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(05-26-2015, 06:39 PM)Nyx Wrote: [ -> ]please refrain from posting such things as they are insensitive and are completely out of place. (also you're not funny - no offence)

aswell, I'd like to add, there is nothing wrong with them. It's like complaining about the way you fly, "nerf the ship" "buff it" - when in reality - it is the way you react.

cloaks are both an advantage and disadvantage, for what it is right now, I'd say it's okay. But remember, cloak disruptors and cloak relays are going to be a thing.

I'm sorry QQ. Thanks nyx it hurts.

Legit it's a player issue not a game issue, there are several ways to beat cloakers also most people are idiots and can't use them, seeing people uncloak in kirks right above a valor is just.... Not smart.
1. Snoopy for president. Or dev at least.
2. Wesker, go away. Shoo!
3. Mimir is awesome creative - again. +1. Come back, mate. We gonna help you to get rid of that creativity of yours.
4. Fix cloaks like Mimir said, make ships visible at 5k - but by equipping expensive Battleship Scanner. Benefits:
- Pay to see close ambushers that paid for cloaks,
- Boosts economy,
- Cloaky ambushers will be forced to use some brains, scan targets, try to sneak to just ones with standard scanners.
- Involves more tactics, like bombing targets with BS Scanner first (or just make them busy), so cloaked wing can ambush rest of the enemy fleet.
(05-25-2015, 07:52 PM)Snoozzzer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm rage posting about battleships that uncloak right next to you and open fire after 2 clearly macro'd messages. It's clearly within the rules to do so,

It's not.

The Rules Wrote:3.1 An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Saying "Engaging" is not sufficient and aggressors are not allowed to destroy a ship before allowing sufficient time to respond. If a player is attacked he has the right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. Trading nanobots, shieldbatteries or other ammo and equipment during a fight is also considered taking an active role in the engagement.
The Rules Wrote:sufficient time

Like how long EXACTLY? That's all this rule needs to be seriously taken as the rule.
if less then 15 seconds i try and take as many sc's as possible and prove it. But the conrete number of seconds. IF it was defined im sure would be debaited until sillyness loss of life and great sadness occurred.

So literally its up to the admin sanction committee
(05-26-2015, 08:41 PM)Pepe Wrote: [ -> ]
The Rules Wrote:sufficient time

Like how long EXACTLY? That's all this rule needs to be seriously taken as the rule.

It apparently depends on the situation, if you have two groups (or just two ships that is) that are about to enter in a clash with each other, having a line of short RP and then engaging could be understandable aka LN vs RM or Order vs Core situations.

However, decloaking on someone and unleashing hell on them two seconds after a mere one line of RP was dropped is something sanctionable I think.

~ any green here please?
Wouldn't need that rule at all if cloaks weren't as dumb as they are, though.

And I think everyone can agree that less rules = more betterer (:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5