Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mune o Uchiakeru - A Chrysanthemum's Mind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Mdq3YRv.png]

Munen kneels infront of a small table while sitting on her heels. Her casual clothing is simple, no jewelry is to see on her. The Kusarian's hair is braided into a single thick pigtail. She studies in a book, carefully trailing with her index finger over every single letter as she reads and tries to absorb the syllables forming words. She stops and raises a breathing device to her mouth to inhale a quite hefty dose of 'The Orange Dream' with a deep and long breathe in.

"As I found out Kusari sadly hasn't changed to the better since my imprisonment in Fuchu." She breathes out and her eyes flutter slightly as the gas starts to spread out from her lunge. She waits a moment and enjoys the euphoria and waves of warmth the enhancing substance from Planet Malta sends through her body.

"It got even worse. To replace an entire republican structure with the empress seems impossible, but we will succeed eventually. This will be our weapon of choice." She once again trails over the opened pages of 'A Golden Chrysanthemum in Bloom' "Commitment will be our fuel and our minds will be our shields. I know it."

"Hatsuyume Hana-sama met me near Ainu to welcome me. We conversed about the past and the future, my future and that of the Golden Chrysanthemums and Kusari." Munen takes a minute to finish a page in the book and turns the leave of it. "My daughter is well. My little heart grew so much in the past time! Holding her in my arms was worth every cut throat and enduring the agony caused by the withdrawal during my time in prison!" The Kusarian raises the breathing device again filled with orange gas and takes another drag.

"Hatsuyume forgave me and invited me to her sisterhood, one that is going to transform Kusari into a place built after Matsuda's concept." Her eyes gleam in excitement. "And I'll be a part of it and maybe I'll be worthy to witness the empress ascending the throne while Amaterasu's light shines on her." Munen smiles happily at the image in her mind and looks at the ceiling followed by a heavy relieving sigh.

"My ‘Ritual of the Forsworn’ will take place soon. I'll prove my commitment and will to give up even myself if needed." Her eyes seem to almost burn fanatically.

"As I followed Hatsuyume to Battleship Matsuda where I was supposed to prepare for the ritual we encountered a Libertonian sort of transport. His lack of manners, reason and understanding of the importance of our cause for the Kusarian population sealed his fate... I never considered myself a combat pilot - I still don't - but in this moment my senses were enhanced by 'The Orange Dream'. The adrenalin flowing through me. For...for a very brief moment it felt like I reached a higher state of mind, a clear mind, seeing everything clear and I knew everything and nothing..."

She continues to read further in Matsuda's teachings, still treating the book like it was made of very delicate porcelain.

"A mind grows through experiences, just as a flower through water."

[Image: 8ifpA3Q.png]

Log(s):

The woman in her late 20's kneels in her quarters. A mixture of disgust and concern looms on her face.

"I arrived a little later than planned to the meeting with a representative of the Gas Miners Guild that Hatsuyume arranged. And yet I heard enough to see their true motives. And those motives aren't a Kusari embraced by Amaterasu's light..." She looks disappointed and adjusts her position, ending up sitting on the side of her legs and closer to the camera.

She continues to speak a bit quieter.
"Their only concern are credits and amassing those with the least resistance possible for no other purpose than becoming "rich"... Neutrality is a concept which doesn't work. In my mind you have to take a clear stance to change things... the miners from the Sigmas fail in that regard. Trying to sweet-talk their way to safe profits they are no different from the minions belonging to Kishiro and Samura to me. But I trust into Hatsuyume's judgement."

She rubs her neck with the back of her hand. "I wonder how Hatsuyume is. After she got that 'Experimental Orange Dream' from that strange child of Malta she seemed eager to try it out, despite the dangers we were informed about. I can't and wont blame her..."

Munen slides even a bit closer to the camera. And almost whispers.

"The chance to enhance your perception and mind even further than 'The Orange Dream' is able to sounds just too tempting..."

Log(s):

"While the curiosity is immense I still fear my mind and body aren't ready to dream this 'Blue Dream'. The experiences Hatsuyume briefly shared appeared to go beyond anything the 'Orange Dream' is able to invoke within oneself."

As Munen says that she puts a Cardamine breather to her mouth and inhales the orange-colored gas.

"I will continue to dream the 'Orange Dream' until I feel ready to go through this new kind of dream - if I get the opportunity that is. We still have to find out where this new and exciting mind-enhancer's origin lies.

And I still have to find out if I can even trust this child of Malta... who knows what her -real- intentions may be? Hatsuyume trusted her enough to put her life on the line and already dreamt the 'Blue Dream', she seems to be fine..."

"Time flows, events happen, minds grow."

Log(s):

The young Kusarian hangs quite demotivated in her chair, swinging from the left to the right over and over again lost in her own thoughts.

"I'm such a tako... it's like looking for a needle in a haystack." She lets her head fall backwards over the edge over the chair and stares at the ceiling of her quarters, by now turning her chair slowly by 360 degrees.

"But I have to make Hatsuyume proud of me! The 'Blue Dream' would be such a surprise to her and the other sisters!"  She smiles happily dreaming at that train of thought for a while.

"Hai!" She pushes herself out of her chair with vigor and walks towards the exit of the room with fast motivated steps. "Who knows maybe I'll be able to find out more about that new exciting 'Blue Dream' for the sisterhood that way as well!"

"Even the most unique and beautiful blossom falls to the ground just as any other."

Log(s):

"My search for this alien artifact is just as complicated as I expected..." Munen sighs. "I consider asking Hatsuyume and the other sisters for help, but I -want- to complete that task on my own if possible. So I will hold off yet.
It is quite strange to act friendly towards Kusari's enemies when flying in that little useless vessel. Using lies and missleading speeches, the weapons of those I oppose, to come closer..."

However, I might be close to progress at the cost of my dignity. A small price to pay to make it possible for my sisters to dream the 'Blue Dream', I assume..."

She closes the log, lost in thoughts.

"May the sacrificial-mind be rewarded, at last..."

Log(s):
'I wonder what she is 'dreaming' about... "my little heart". So innocent, I hope I can keep it that way.'

Munen kept staring at her daughters forehead as she could penetrate it and get access to the girl's head's content. 'Maybe I can, if I just try hard enough and stay persistent(?).'
The Chrysanthemum took a deep breath from the orange, powdery gas which was continuously delivered to her airway through the small synthetic tube which dug its way deeply into her left nasal wing. She focussed on the small and black-haired skull infront of her and for a a few minutes she could witness and marvel about a bright, pulsing light emiting from her child's temples and flowing all over the little head.

A proud smirk flashed across the corners of her mouth. Pride about her daughter's clear mind, able to visualize itself at such a young age, not her own ability to see it. She loosened her gaze from the smooth skin of the sleeping Kusarian child's forehead to advance towards her descendant and to cares the slowly vanishing light with a soft kiss. She didn't dare to close her eyes fully, but she had to narrow them. She embraced the warmth and slightly blinding pain she received from it until it subsided.

'One day you will be able to leave this provisional place, "My little heart". You will be able to visit the islands on New Tokyo, the oceans reflecting a deeply beautiful orange atmosphere. We all will be able to live the majority of our lives without these...' She touched a tube leading into her daughter's nose, much like the one in her own, in a controlling manner. She searched in one of her pockets for a small container while her fingers trailed down the tube towards a small device lying besides the small, resting body. She began to change the depleted flagon and pushed some buttons to make sure the dispensing interval was set properly. 'Every 30 minutes...' She smiled lovingly and stroked the child's head as the godly light began to emit once again.

'Hatsuyume, Hana-yume... I hope you are well - wherever you are. These times are unsettling my mind. It is hard not to lose sight of what Matsuda taught us all and what the goddess asks from us. I-.' She shook her head. Admitting she was in doubt, not about their cause -of course-, but about herself and her own leading abilities. It was something she didn't want her mind to admit. She needed to stay persistent, strong-willed. The recent signs from the goddess gave her enough mental strength to withstand her worldy doubts. Amaterasu didn't choose her causelessly, she didn't reveal new enemies and new potential allies purely arbitrarily to her. 'She doesn't send us signs and help to lead us closer to her prophecy if she isn't convinced we are commited, iie...' She reached the bridge and watched over her busy sisters (and one 'brother') more versed in engineering matters than herself.

'Soon she will be ready, things will start to get into motion, literally and metaphorically.'