Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Draya's Diary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Draya's Bio
Feedback Thread

Day One
-
Running Away

Well, it's not working,
I tried. I really did.

Jonas and his family gave me a second chance, and I'll remember their efforts for the rest of my life, but it just isn't working.

I've been on Manhattan for almost five years now, and I've been in a new foster family more than once per. As much as I'd love for everything to just work out nicely, it's not. I guess I just can't do it. Am I uncurable of my old habits? I was forced into them from necessity, how fair is it that they doom me now?

It doesn't matter anyways. I'm leaving. That's all there is to it. The Abrams tried their best to welcome me in, but I won't make them deal with me anymore. The last thing a nice couple like that need is a 17-year-old problem child. At least they'll be able to move on. Question is: Can I?

I bought a Starflier. I barely had enough from saving and... well, pick-pocketing over the past five years. Yeah, a Starflier. The stupid ship that idiots fly. I'm sorry, but it's true. The thing is a total piece of crap.

And I would know, believe it or not. A few years ago, in that last family, Dad was a former LPI pilot. He had the most realistic flight simulator I've ever seen. I jumped in it more than a few times when he wasn't looking, so I think I can do it. Fly, that is. I need a way off this planet. I'm sick and tired of it. This isn't the life for me.

I'm writing this while the engines fire up. This is it... It's time to take my life into my own hands... again.

A shame. They're shaking.
[font=Book Antiqua]Day Two
-
Choices

I've made a decision.
If it's a good one? I haven't a clue.

Good news: I can fly pretty well. The Starflier may be a tin can with pea shooters, but it can handle like no other. I proved my prowess pretty early on, but I'll get to that later on. Let me relate the events leading up to that first.

There was a lot of action in New York yesterday. My comms were buzzing off the hook, and the Navy were in full force. Seems something was going on at West Point. Being the curious girl I am, I entered the trade lane and decided to observe from afar.

What a mess.

Three pirates. One in a bomber, the other two in fighters, fighting at least seven lawfuls. One of which, being a Liberty Gunboat. I swear, the lawfuls are more ruthless than the pirates. They have no dignity, all they care about is cementing their pathetic power trip over the system with mass firepower. It also scares the hell out of me. Why?

I'm going to become a Rogue.

Bad decision? Probably, but I've actually thought about this for awhile now. Moral or not, the Rogues seem like a perfect fit for me. I spent my childhood begging and stealing to get by, and I still know damn well how to do it. I'd never ally with those lawful cowards, and there's no way I'm going to survive all alone by myself. So my decision is made. I'm joining the Rogues.

Easier said than done.

I found a Junker base named Rochester in the debris field behind Manhattan. It's no Rogue base, but it'll have to do. I met up with a Junker onboard that gave me a proposition. He has a Rogue friend. The deal is: I blow up some Bounty Hunter ships, tractor in their escape pods, and hand them over to him to sell to his friend.

Pretty simple, I just hope I don't get killed before I've even started.
[font=Book Antiqua]Day Three
-
Blood in the Sky

I did it,
But not without my fair share of close calls.

I took off from Rochester with my confidence level as high as I could muster. It sounded easy enough. Most of the Bounty Hunters in New York are rookies, proving their worth by knocking off low class pirates here and there, so I felt pretty confident that I could burn a few, head back to the Junker base, and continue on my path.

Boy was I in for it.

I found a small Hunter patrol near Baltimore Shipyard. The lawfuls aren't too chummy with them, so I opened up on one of them when he wasn't looking. I was in for the fight of my life. The two man patrol quickly turned into a wing of at least six Pirahnas! I don't know where they came from, but they came all the same. The battle was long and grueling, but I managed to take down about four of them before making a hasty retreat, armor at a dangerous low.

I made it back to Rochester in one piece, and hooked up with my man. All good, the exchange was quick and painless, and my credit account was a fair bit higher after he reimbursed me for my work. Bringing my ship over to the mechanic, my comm buzzed in my pocket.

The Rogue.

He told me to meet him in the bar. Thankfully, they didn't try kicking me out from how young I am. I suppose hanging out with a fellow like this might make you think twice about who to get into a scuffle with. My goal is to be accepted aboard the Rogue base. I don't know what it's called, or where it is. I'm pretty sure that's for a good reason. Even the lawfuls don't have the foggiest where it's located.

Pretty soon, I will.

But not that easily. He was impressed with my actions before, and kindly thanked me for them. He's not that mean a guy, under the scruffy beard and gruff facade. Anyways, he told me of an operation. A job offer, if you will. I was to wait in the trade lane running between Fort Bush and Baltimore. Another Rogue pilot would join me once I was in position. Next, I had to disable the trade lane. Easy, a few shots (of Bounty Hunter weapons, no less. I had blown two Gunslinger models off my ealier prey.) and with a spark and fizzle, the trade lane was deactivated. What was I waiting for?

A police patrol was on their way through, en route with a Rogue pilot in custody. My job was to blow 'em to hell, and hope the Rogue survived the explosion. Either way, success meant one important thing.

Coordinates, and the docking codes to Buffalo.

That's the name of it. Buffalo Base. If I did what I was told like a good little girl, the stage was all clear for me to begin my journey.

And I did it.

The Bounty Hunters were much better pilots. Me and the Rogue I rendezvoused with made short work of the unlucky patrol, and I soon found myself back on the Rochester. I've got the codes, I've got the coordinates.

Time to fly.
[font=Book Antiqua]Day Four
-
Path to Destruction

No turning back now,
I'm in waist deep.

With coordinates and codes in hand, I headed off into the Badlands, and into a new life. As soon as I neared Baltimore on the way to my waypoint, trouble showed.

I'm discovered.

Simple as that. A Naval patrol took one look at me, and immediately told me halt. Had they gotten wind of the ambush? That was fast! Oh wait... there are still three LPI officers sitting in my hold. Good one Draya!

Flicking my cruise engines on as fast as I could, I lost 'em pretty quick, thankfully, and continued my voyage into hell. The Badlands really live up to their name. My poor little Starflier could barely take the radiation pockets and electromagnetic storms. Obviously, I made it, but not without a bit of excitement.

On my way to the waypoint given to me, I started picking up some strange readings. I broke course to investigate, and quickly found my hull literally flaking off in idle. Seems I happened across a rather nasty little pocket of radiation. Much more noxious than the others. With my heart racing a little too fast, I yanked the steering controls in retreat, but stopped short when I saw something that made me jump.

An elite Naval Defender. Right in front of me.

I powered up weapons and took a quick breath. Looks like they had found me. But wait, something was off. He wasn't moving at all. Just hanging in front of me, dead in space. A quick scan explained it all, the fighter was in shambles. I was safe. For the moment, at least. The radiation was still ripping apart my hull like tinfoil.

Taking a closer look at the ruined vessel, I abruptly realized that no one was aboard. If they were, they were long gone. Patrol 27, it came up as. Must have been a lost Naval wing who stumbled into the pocket of death, probably damaged in the first place. I gave the fighters (yes, there was three of them) one last scan, and to my surprise their weapons systems were still intact. I fired some low impact laser fire into them, and the hull crumbled slightly, letting most of the weapons fall off into space. Tractoring my spoils in, and continuing to watch my hull strength drift dangerously low, I reengaged my cruise engines and headed back off to my original destination.

Buffalo Base...

It's an incredible sight. Blends right in with all the other looming spires of dark mineral, and would almost be unnoticable save for the docking ports. I guess I'll have to be getting used to it, as it'll be my makeshift home from now on...

After a quick conversation with docking control, and a bit of doubt on his part, I brought my radiation battered Starflier into the forboding dark outpost. It's a pretty nice place, inside. I was expecting a dark, smelly, cellar-like dungeon with skeletons and ghosts, but it's really not all that bad. They have dorm rooms for pilots, modest recreation areas, and basically anything you'd ever need to survive. Not luxurious in any sense of the word, but functionable. Very functionable.

A nice girl named Jessica showed me to a small dorm that I could stay in temporarily, and gave me the information and contacts needed to enroll with the Rogues, then I headed off to the ship dealer. I really need to get out of this piece of crap Starflier.

The Bloodhound.

It's a pretty ship. Well, maybe pretty isn't the right word, but I like it. It's definitely a fair bit more capable than the Starflier as well. It'll be a nice, and much needed, change. The mechanic is helping me work out the kinks in it now, and is giving me a crash course in pirate tech. The folks here are a lot nicer than I expected. Maybe the Rogues aren't so uncivilized after all?

Tomorrow I'm going to talk to some high-ups about taking on some missions, and joining their ranks officially.

Wish me luck!
[font=Book Antiqua]Day Five
-
Becoming the Bull

It's official,
I'm a Rogue.

I woke up with a fire in my eyes this morning. Everything up to this point had been practice. Now I had to prove that I could do something. Prove that I was ready to join the Rogues.

Time for the trial by fire.

I talked to a recruiter early on in the day. It was pretty simple process. I told him my story, why I wanted to join, what I had done so far, and that was all. The Rogues need more pilots, so he couldn't really turn me down. He gave me a simple enough assignment as trial. I was to head out into the Badlands and light up some Bounty Hunters.

Easy! I had already done this!

Before launching, he set me up with a reputation adjuster. Statistically, my rep with the Rogues wasn't all that great, but my little interview proved that I had no reason to stay at a solid neutral with them. So we met in a little office, he took my Bloodhound's hard drive, my card, and in a few minutes I was set. Good thing, too. I met with the equipment dealer right away and got my fighter fitted out with all new weapons systems. Rogue, of course, with the exception of a pretty little launcher called a "Slingshot".

Donning my shiny new set-up, I pulled my ship out of the rock of a base and into the Badlands.

I learned a valuble lesson in combat with the Hunters. The Badlands are called the Badlands for a reason. I'll admit it, I'm not that great of a pilot. I'm pretty good, but not great. More than once I careened my Bloodhound off the dark chunks of stone that litter the depressing wasteland. My shields just can't hold up to that abuse. I took more than a few shots to my hull, but thankfully I made it out intact. The Hunters here in Liberty just aren't up to my level, amazingly. I suppose they might be like myself, striking out anew, looking to make their own way. Write their own story. It's a shame I had to blow 'em all to bits, but life sucks. Right?

I finished my little assignment with flying colors, and now I have a lovely new Liberty Rogue IFF and ID. The "T"s, "I"s, and lower case "J"s have been crossed and dotted.

Watch out Liberty! Here I come!
[font=Book Antiqua]Day Six
-
Reality

My first official assignment!

I woke up this morning to my comm buzzing. High command had my first assignment all ready for me. An assassination mission. Sounds scary, doesn't it? Nothing I couldn't handle. I was to head over to Texas, intercept a Naval patrol, and take out the commanding officer.

Was I nervous? Oh yeah.

I replenished my missile system's ammo reserves at the dealer right away. I was going to need all the punch I could muster if I was going to stand a chance against the heavy fighters I was jumping into combat with. After a quick briefing, I was off.

Going through a jumphole is an interesting experience. It's nothing like a jumpgate. Going through a jumpgate is almost smooth. You can sit back, relax, and watch the light-show around you. Going through the jumphole was worlds different. It was newly phase-aligned, from what I was told, so I was warned that it may be a bumpy ride.

Understatement of the year award.

I think my knuckles are still white from gripping my steering controls for all I was worth. My poor little Bloodhound rocked and shook so hard I thought it would be torn apart. Thankfully, I made it. Obviously. I found myself in a debris field, away from lawful scanners. So far so good. I locked on to my waypoint and made it there within a few minutes. All that there was left for me to do was wait.

And I didn't have to wait long. After a few minutes, my quarry showed up right on time. Crossing my fingers, I jumped into combat immediately. These pilots weren't the greatest. New recruits, and the CO was new to his rank. Still, I had to keep my head clear. The second I let my guard down, I could pay the price, so I kept my thoughts as crystal as I could, and fought as quickly and efficiently as I could.

My target was the leader, so I did my best to focus my fire on him. Though my enemies' skill wasn't anything to raise an eyebrow over, their Defenders' firepower was nothing to joke about. My Bloodhound's shielding systems took a serious beating more than once, but I was able to hold out in the end. My target was on fire, lighting up the cold blackness of space around him. A few more bolts from my Raphael laser cannons, and the job was done. Not wanting any more trouble than necessary, I beat feet for the jumphole back into New York.

The trip back to New York was surprisingly much gentler than the last jump. I made it back into the Badlands with my teeth clamped tight to counter the incessant chattering from the bumps and bends of the blinding passage. After a quick and routine systems check, I locked onto Buffalo in the distance and flicked on my cruise engines.

The day wasn't over yet.

Suddenly, my scanners started picking up Hunter ships. Lots of them. I powered up my weapons systems and immediately was engaged by a Pirahna. Looks like I'm already getting known. They were there for one reason and one reason alone, I decided, to take me down. It would have been a flattering if it wasn't the fact that I was about to die. There were just too many of them. I would finally pick one off, just to be met with another. Just as I was about to give up hope, something big popped up on scanners.

The Provectus III.

It was Order IFF'd, and looked pretty menacing floating there in the dark scenery, but he wasn't there to kill me. That was a good thing. I hailed him as quick as I could and requested assistance. I don't know much about the Order, but I do know they aren't too peachy with the Bounty Hunter's Guild. He responded by opening up on the Hunter vessels. They didn't stand a chance, and the remaining ships quickly broke course.

Close one.

I realized something today. Up until now, the gravity of space combat simply hadn't sunk in for me. It has now. This isn't a game. Everytime I, or anyone, get involved with guns and missiles and torpedoes, people either die, or get hurt. It's a scary business, but I've accepted it now. This is what I'm going to do. It's dangerous, but oh well. I can handle it.

I had a chat with the Order vessel's CO. Seems he was tracking a dangerous vessel called the "Necrosis", and had lost him in Liberty. He was en route back to Order territory when all hell broke loose for me, and it was a good thing. We said our goodbyes, and I continued on back to Buffalo.

I need a break...
OOC: Draya has joined the LR player faction. Application and acceptance are here.

The entries to Draya's Diary now will be done in parallel to the LR message dump. A bit less intuitive to her thoughts, but I ain't writing two accounts of the same things.

Draya's story will progress past the Rogues in the future. When that happens, the Diary will follow much similar to how it has been until now.
Day Seven
-
Pack Animal

[Image: DrayasCommID.png]

Recruit Draya Kirillov,
Reporting today's activity.

Most of you probably don't know me, but I hope to change that soon. I'm Draya, and I just joined up yesterday. Officially at least.

I woke up this morning on the Alcatraz to the news of my acception. I was hailed by Sylpheed and told to meet him at Montezuma base. After I received the coordinates, I headed off to my destination.

The trip to the Cortez system went without incident, and I made it to Montezuma unharmed. There I met Sylpheed, piloting a private Greyhound class fighter vessel. He then transferred me sufficient credits for a much needed upgrade. As much as I love this little Bloodhound, it just won't do to have it blown out of the sky before I even get started.

We docked with Montezuma and quickly got the details hammered out to get me flying a Greyhound of my own. It's not the most powerful ship, but it's lightyears ahead of the Bloodhound in terms of firepower, energy systems, and survivability. The paperwork was drawn up and we were on our way within an hour. Helps having the leader of the Liberty Rogues pushing things along, doesn't it?

Sylpheed was en route to finalize the requisition of an Outcast Destroyer class warship, designated "Someone Else's Problem". The previous LR flagship was called onto stationary guard duty, so the Mollies in Londonderry were hired out to construct a new vessel. I was to accompany Sylpheed on the journey; further learning ours' and our allies' operating space, and fit my ship out with advanced hardware as well.

We made it to Londonderry and were greeted by two members of the Molly Republic; Captain O'Brien and another pilot I didn't catch the name of. Sylpheed informed them of the reason for our being there, and they quickly understood. We made way for Foyle Shipyards and I headed off to the equipment dealer whilst the boss went off to do business. Acquiring a Destroyer isn't all fun and games, eh?

After a few long hours, we were off. Sylpheed and a temporary Molly crew piloting "Someone Else's Problem". The ship is incredible. I'll embed some snapshots later on.

We made our way back to Dublin, and Arranmore Base, and said our goodbyes to the Mollies. They're an interesting bunch, I hope I'll be back here someday to see them again.

Upon entry back into Liberty space, we came up against a Liberty Gunboat designated "LNS-Sacramento". Sylpheed made it clear that we were not out for combat, and were peacefully passing through, but the commander of the Sacramento would have nothing of it. They opened fire on the Destroyer, and I broke course to stay away from the firefight. My ship simply wasn't fit for combat with it's current loadout of Raphael laser cannons, and even if it was properly equipped, the Gunboat was just too much for me to go up against. Sylpheed gave the crew the order to retaliate, and the Sacramento was damaged considerably, forcing it to break off. The Navy is brave, I'll give them that, but they also seem to blindly interested in nothing but battle. I'm satisfied in my decision to join the Rogues even more so at this point.

Being hailed by another pilot, we made way for the Alcatraz to meet up with him. His callsign, "LR-Ashes", was out of date of our current callsign system, and with the help of Sylpheed, it was redone to read "Nighthawk".

Sylpheed then took us newbies on a tour of the Liberty underground. We're going to have to learn these passages like the backs of our hands. We started in California, and from there went through Ontario, Yukon, and Cassini. The trip was uneventful for the most part, but at one point we came across a fallen comrade "Black Bart". It was a Werewolf class fighter vessel, and was floating dead in space, devoid of any intact weapons systems. After a brief moment of silence, we headed off for our final destination.

Padua Base is where we are now. Nighthawk and myself finished properly fitting out our Greyhounds in Cassini, and took on a few simple assignments in Galileo (?). The Greyhound's abilities are amazing! I'm having a much easier time with my enemies now.

It's been a long day. Sylpheed instructed as to how this systems works, and I'll be reporting my activities as much as possible.

Kirillov,
Signing out.

[Image: DrayasCommIDAdd.png]

...Relaying image data...

Flight to Padua

...Displaying custom image file: Someone Else's Problem...

[Image: SomeoneElsesProblem.png]

[Image: DrayasCommIDEnd.png]

Draya here,
It was an interesting day.

I started off from Buffalo this morning. I've been accepted to helm control aboard an old Barghest Bomber that was just restored for active duty. After a nice long preflight check, we took it out for a little field testing.

We hit the tradelane between Planet Houston and the NY gate in Texas, and happened across something soon enough.

"EaTmYgrAPES!" or something idiotic all the same wandered into our lane hack. He had a Smuggler ID and a completely random Hessian IFF that he claimed was an Outcast one. Sick of his excuses and his disgusting slaving, we ordered him to pay a moderate tax, or expect trouble. He kicked in his cruise engines in reply, and was quickly engaged.

We've the Doomsday equipped with a civilian shield busting set up, and a Nova torpedo launcher. The foward weaponry proved itself very capable against the heavily shielded Pirate Train, but I admit that my effectiveness with the Nova launcher is lacking. We scored a hit or two on him, in any case, and then things got interesting.

A Naval bomber piloted by a Lt. Rick Gunner came along side me, bearing down on the slaver as well. An oddball, un-agreed-upon, alliance was somehow formed in the process, and we continued fire upon the unlucky smuggler. It was obvious that the slaver was doomed, and as another Naval vessel appeared on scanners, I realized we had absolutely no reason to continue fire against the tax avoiding smuggler. I kicked on our cruise engines, and looked in the rearview camera just as the smuggler was crippled beyond flyability.

Priority target vanquished, the Naval vessels attempted pursuit on me, but quickly discontinued after they realized it was hopeless. Perhaps Rick's got a soft spot for me? I did help him out somehow.

Anyways, weird day. We're set down on Beaumont right now, checking up on the systems again. Looks like the old girl still has some life left in her after all.

Draya, signing out for now.

Draya,
Reporting yesterday's activity.

For as short a time as I was active today, quite a bit happened.

I started off from Buffalo, and quickly received word that an Outcast in a Hacker Gunship was under fire from two Xenos. I broke course to assist, but just as I neared the battle a solar flare hit my ship and I blacked out. When I awoke, the Outcast had been destroyed, and the Xenos had moved off. Thankfully, I found the gunship's crew's escape pods and was able to bring them back to Buffalo unharmed.

Fearing the worst, I brought the Barghest over to the mechanic's station to assess the damage. Ironically, the ship was in perfect condition. Go figure.

After the brief and uneventful check-up, I started picking up some vessels in Texas on long range scanners. An SOB, and an LNS. I could only imagine what was going on, so I hit the jumphole to find out.

Sure enough, the SOB was under attack by the LNS-Dawn, a Liberty Gunboat. I had no clue as to their position, so I repeatedly hailed {SOB}Watcher to relay the coordinates so that I could assist. Either his comm was broken, or he was just plain rude, because not once did he say anything to me or over system comms.

His loss. Literally.

Soon enough, I could read traces of a small craft's explosion signature. Strangely, I happened across the Dawn just after the untimely demise, and was about to head into battle when I took a glimpse at their onboard regeneration reserves. Full. Nice, the Outcast didn't do very well... So I pulled off. I figured that the Dawn would be heavily damaged. That wasn't the case.

Later on, I headed off for California to try a little pirating. The lanes were desolate. Not a trader in sight, so I made way over to Mojave orbit to see if anyone was loitering around the Riverside. What happened next came as a total surprise.

A fully armed Liberty cruiser patrol (//NPC), complete with gunboat and advanced fighter escort. Great. I kicked on my cruise engines and whipped the tub around as fast I could. No dice. They had me surrounded in a second. Looked like it was time to fight back.

I went into as evasive maneuvers as I could muster in the Barghest, and armed my Supernova Antimatter Cannon. My hope was that I could avoid the heavy fire as best I could, and land potshots when my energy reserves were adequate. The plan worked pretty well, actually, and the cruiser was quickly showing signs of damage. Unfortunately, so was I. I redoubled my efforts at evasion, skirting the Riverside for cover, weaving in and around the massive patrol ships, and generally just being as much a pain in the neck as I could. Arming another Supenova, I released the final blow against the cruiser, reducing it to a medley of fire and flames. The unlucky gunboats found themselves inside the devastating blast as well. Not too shabby.

However, that's not all that happened. While combatting the crippled cruiser, I picked up an unknown vessel nearby. An -Implosion- seemed to be watching the carnage in silence from his Havok Mk-II. His presence made no matter to me, I was a little preoccupied, and he didn't seem to be a threat.

Yet.

Just before finishing the cruiser off, I caught a glimpse of him discharging weapons fire my way. Not a word across any comms at all. Seems the idiot just wanted to take advantage of my outnumbered situation to score an easy kill. He had no idea what he was in for...

Hailing him a few times on what the hell he was doing curried not a word from the strange attacker. I never was able to scan him for an ID, but I was able to assess that he was sporting extremely rapid firing civilian laser cannons, some sort of Debilitators, and an outdated Sunslayer Torpedo Launcher. He was outgunned, but I was hurting from the constant small fire from random convoy pilots brave enough to cough out a few shots and the previous encounter's damage.

After receiving no word at all from the pilot, I answered his ignorance with a violent salvo of weapons fire. The Sammaels I picked up on the Destroyer aren't too bad for dogfighting. His shield shattered like glass and his hull quickly started recieving a beating. Probably doing the smartest thing thus far, he turned around and ran. Right for the tradelane.

At this point, I could have let him go. Maybe I should have, but I didn't. I was pissed at this moron for shooting at me without a word. Who did he think he was? I forced my way into the slipstream of his tradelane docking and followed right on his heels. At least he had the courage to continue the fight once we got into California Minor orbit. Unfortunately, his fate was all the same...

[Image: DoomsdayKillMessage1.png]

Funny... His name should have been -Explosion-... Because that's exactly what he did.

[Image: DoomsdayKill1.png]

Looked like he was trying to attempt an emergency landing throught the atmosphere. Either way, I shot him down before he made it, and with his hull that critical, I doubt he would have survived either way.

My weapons and armor were trashed, so I headed back to base.

Draya, signing out.

Pages: 1 2