Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: New GMG Board of Guildmasters | Subject: Important issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: SeanStone_TB_start.png]

Encryption: High, Business grade
Sender: Sean Stone, executive director of Stone Bros Ltd/GmbH
Sent from: planet New Berlin, New Berlin system, Rheinland
To: GMG Guild Masters
Subject: Important issues

Good morning, honourable GMG Guild Masters! My name is Sean Stone and I´m executive director of Stone Bros Ltd/GmbH, transport company flying under IMG ship license as affiliated member. I have seen your recent announcement and it confirmed information we got recently which suggests that there were some major changes in top positions of the Guild. For this reason we want to check if it´s really true and provide information about us to make sure any new leadership is informed about us and our activities in GMG space. Also, there are some unsolved issues we have with the Guild which we would like to finally finish.

Let me start with few words about our company. I hope you know it at least partially because we have long-term business relationship with GMG - precisely with Guildmaster Taro Katsuo - which is connected to Shuri base in Okinawa system, which our company built to current size almost solely and then had - actually still has - rented several modules there for our high-tech equipment factories. We also exported hundreds of thousands cargo units of helium-3 and h-fuel what over time became key part of our company´s economy, and built base for our workers on surface of planet Miura called Ishi Base.

Anyway, as I said, there are unsolved issues we would like to finally finish. First one is that several months ago we asked guildmaster Katsuo for permission for our company to become affiliated member of Gas Miners Guild. Unfortunately we didn´t get any answer and actually completely lost contact with Guildmaster Katsuo. If you want to understand our reasoning, let me elaborate little more about our company. So far, we has been focused on two main branches - transportation and development and sale of high-tech technology devices. And currently we have problems in both of them.

As for transportation, situation on Sirius market changed heavily in last two years and especially in last year. With advance of Gallic military into Bretonia and the damages this devastating war is causing, we lost majority of our clients in this house. And to make things even worse, there was another loss of contracts in Rheinland because of deteriorating economic situation. Moreover, the fact we fly under IMG license makes our business there even harder as we can´t land on bases of Daumann and Kruger corporations and buy goods there. Speaking about the rest - we never had strong position in Liberty because of local strong competition, with exception of importing helium-3, and Gallia is too far for us and also suspicious of Sirians. Last one, Kusari, is not much better because of power of giant Kishiro and Samura keiretsus what makes business of small and medium sized companies very difficult. Oh and Kusari embargo on helium export to Liberty made another considerable damage to company´s economy as well because exporting of Helium-3 from Shuri base formed an increasing part of our business over time.

To sum up the current situation - we already had to sell few ships and let go some employees, but unfortunately it seems situation won´t be better in near future.

As for development and sale of high-tech technology devices - our decision to try luck on the market with equipment like jumping drives or cloaking device turned out to be a trap so to say. This initially very promising field became quickly very competitive, leaving currently only small possible profit from contracts, if any. There is too much manufacturers all over the Sirius which we have to compete with. Moreover, despite our maximum effort, there are still technical issues with our produced devices because the development is still in progress.

But this investment plan was really expensive. Building of factories on Shuri, then their running costs and leasing fee, and finally our construction of Ishi base on planet Miura. In total, we invested almost five billion credits in the company business in Okinawa system. And we can´t afford to continue this way.

Saying it shortly, our company has reached the point where major shift in our business is necessary. We need to cut expenses where it is possible, and find new ways how to increase incomes. But in the same time, we don´t want to simply write off all the money we invested in Okinawa and call them wasted money. I doubt we could find anybody who would be willing to buy Ishi base for reasonable price and there are still some posibilites in production of high-tech devices if we find the way how to upgrade them and get upper hand over other manufacturers. We just need to change our business in Okinawa to work better way. Our company might be in danger as whole if we fail in business reorganization where we use what we have the best way possible.

Now to how we plan to do it. After long talks within company board, we decided to try to combine everything. As I mentioned, transport of Helium-3 and H-Fuel became increasing part of our business over time and currently is forming 69 percent of all our transport business in volume and even 76 percent in incomes. It´s also only commodity where demand in increasing in all houses except Gallia despite all wars there. Actually, probably because of wars.

Decision I´m talking about is not only to focus more on transport of these commodities, but to start to produce them actively and create supply chain. Despite Shuri base is in very good location for purchase of raw gas, sometimes storages are empty. We will need our own miners which will fill our own storages.

Result is simple - we need our own base in Okinawa, to which we could move our production facilities as we don´t want to gave up entirely in this field, but it will work with significantly lower running costs and the rest of the base will be in the same time serving as storage for raw helium which will be transported by our ships or will be sold to interested companies for profitable price. The best option would be of course to buy Shuri base where the facility is now and the base as whole is completely working the way how our future base should.

And at this point we are at unsolved issue number two. Over last several months, our ships continued supplying Shuri base on our own expense and we funded repairs and running costs because Guildmaster Katsuo asked us to do so. We also started negotiations about takeover of Shuri, unfortunately despite we reached agreement, we were unable to reach signed deal. For this reason we want to ask you to finish it on behalf of Guildmaster Katsuo as we believe you have right to do so. We invested not small money into this business and we can´t afford to continue in the uncertain waiting for Guildmaster Katsuo. The "frozen situation" about Shuri needs to be solved finally. It will bring positives for both sides - we can finally start making money there and Shuri will get major investments which are needed for maintanmance and upgrade of equipment. Our company is prepared to invest into base around 400 million credits immediatelly.

Anyway, this brings us back at our first request. From what I said so far about our plans in Okinawa, it may look like we are actually going to create competition for GMG. We don´t, we are not fools. We know it could not work this way as we are guests in Guild´s space. The change I described of course requires closer cooperation with GMG to keep your trust and show we want to cooperate with guild and don´t want to be competitor. If our plan will become reality, we will need to hire miners from your ranks and we are aware that we hardly can do that as your competition. On the other hand, we still would like to keep some independence regarding our decisions and mainly in what we transport because we still transport also other goods than just gases or fuel. Of course, I´m not talking about making any business which could be against interests of GMG. After all, we were generally treated as IMG members because we use their license to fly our ships and most of their enemies are enemies of GMG as well.

I hope I didn´t take too much of your time with this message, but I wanted to explain everything because this issue has utmost importance for future of our company. We will be looking forward to hearing from you and believe it will be positive. Have a nice day!

[Image: TB_end.png]
[Image: 69517f1b-d51b-4ef4-aec6-17c23df23079_zps...g~original]

==Sender ID; GuildLeader Cheng.Cong ====

==Subject; Shuri Base ====

Konnichiwa Sean Stone, executive director of Stone Bros Ltd/GmbH

I Cheng Cong, would like to formally apologize for the lack of response that the Gas Miners have given you in the last coming months, however I am here as their new leader and hopefully we can resolve any current issue residing the ownership and management of Shuri Base in our sovereign state.

Let me start by letting you know Guildmaster Taro Katsuo is no longer a member of the Gas Miners Guild, he's missing and we don't know where he is or when he shall return so for the future of the GMG, we've had to remove his entitlement and carry on thus forth you'll find my wealth being granted by all members of the guild as I was voted into power.

It is my understanding that'd you'd wish for me to grant you for membership entitlement of our Gas Miners Group, well seems you've been feeding and stocking this base for so long, you've earnt my respect and you have here-by being granted this wish under set terms of the GMG| given our influence and our alliance and enemy status, we'd like to hope you'd manage your base to block enemies of the GMG into Shuri base, this is an unquestionable agreement that must be made.
Also, you'll be quite pleased to know that Kishiro is now under in-formal alliance with GMG so we mine they haul most of our goods across sirius, its a working relationship and up to know its a great intervention and something the old leadership never took on.

Furthermore, I hear you wish to design and create high-tech technology devices, without consent of our guild masters or myself the guild leader. Again I hope these are developed within the interests of GMG yourselves and our allies and does not get sold out of reason.

You'll be glad to know our miners have been stocking you up very well in highlight to this transfer I've ensured you have a good "boost start" with being able to sell that much H-3. Hopefully we can work together for our miners and your station to a brighter future of Stone Brothers, and the Gas Miners Guild.

Further more, I'd like to officially hand over the keys without prejudice or monies but out of respect for the time and effort Stone Bro's have put into this station, GMG will always be around to assist protected and mine for you should you wish for it.

Please sign below to say you've read this message, and confirm agreements made in this letter to yourselves and fully acknowledge the removal of ownership of GMG fully to Stone Bro's.

Also, due to the lack of communications from GMG, we'd like you to offer you a 30,000,000 starter grant. Please let us know where you'd like this sent too.

Our gas, our word, our honor,

Yours,

Guild Leader C.Cong
[Image: SeanStone_TB_start.png]

Encryption: High, Business grade
Sender: Sean Stone, executive director of Stone Bros Ltd/GmbH
Sent from: planet New Berlin, New Berlin system, Rheinland
To: GMG Guild Masters
Subject: Re: Important issues

Good evening, honourable GuildLeader Cong!

First of all, I must say that it saddens me personally to hear that Guildmaster Katsuo is missing. I hope he will return soon and alive.

Now to the bussiness. We are more than happy to hear your decision. We are looking forward for even deeper cooperation with GMG. We are operating in Guild´s territory for long time and we always respected your rules and laws, being well aware we are guests there. Rest assured we don´t plan to change this policy in any way. Enemies of the GMG were always our enemies as well, and same applies to your allies.

Regarding our factories for high-tech devices - at the moment the production is stopped due to several reason and some of them will be closed and changed into storage depots. However if there will be any sale in future, rest assured that same policy which I mentioned above applies. We have no desire to harm Guild´s interests.

Consider our agreement as signed from our side
Now to news about miners stocking up helium-3 on Shuri - that´s something what we are happy to hear. We believe this is start of new era of our company, era of success and prosperity.

Regarding your offer of starter grant, we appreciate the gesture but we don´t think we should take money from you considering circumstances. Disappearance of Guildmaster Katsuo and his subsequent lack of communication is not anyone's fault.

We wish you a nice day!

[Image: TB_end.png]