Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Owners of Emlenton Storage & Imports CC: "Vermillion"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*****Incoming Transmission*****
[Image: np9r.png]
COMM ID: Vice Admiral Remus Sius
TARGET ID: Owners of Emlenton Storage & Imports
SUBJECT: Complaint about your base
ENCRYPTION: HIGH
PRIORITY: HIGH

Greetings to the owners of Emlenton,

About two days ago, I received a distress call from a miner called "Vermillion". Upon undocking from your other base "Emlenton Storage & Exports", said miner came under fire from your other base "Emlenton Storage & Imports". The miner's ship suffered severe damage from the weapons platform of the second base.

Here is a guncam taken from the incident: [X]

The miner almost lost his life. I expect full compensation to be given to the victim as it is your responsibility for the base. We cannot have bases firing on innocent miners. It is a threat to the safety of civilians.

As I came to investigate further, I also found out that the base restricted docking to me and Commander John Sader: [X]

May I remind you that it is mandatory for bases constructed in Liberty to have docking permissions enabled for Libertonian authorities. Now with that, I expect the changes to be effected immediately.

For Freedom and Justice,
Vice Admiral Remus Sius , Liberty Naval High Command

*****Transmission Terminated*****

To: Vice Admiral Remus Sius (5th)

Encryption: High

Priority: Highest

Subject: Re- Vermillion

Dear Sir,

thank you for your communication of today's date. We are always pleased to hear from and assist Liberty officials in whatever way we can.
Regarding the incident with the Vermillion of unspecified date. It is highly probable that the effects experienced by all present were due to Ion Storms which have been severe recently. We, as yourselves are in the lap of the Gods with those things. They certainly have caused havoc with ship recognition systems through out Sirius recently! Without a precise time and date we are unable to retrieve data to confirm if this was the case. It would explain why your ships were unable to dock at that time, so I am inclined to think it was the case.
Also we cannot dismiss the possibility that the Vermillion initiated the action and thereby brought about the alleged damage. I say alleged as your evidence shows the Vermillion to be in good repair and space worthy ? Should you have additional evidence which supports your claim we would be only too pleased to review our decision not to support this claim. If our systems had been faulty then it would have not just been the Vermillion this happened too. However as we are sure you are a man of your word, we are going to issue a voucher for one free repair at our shipyard, Duluth. Where our most experienced technicians will be able to ensure the work on the Vermillion is of the very highest standard. To that end please forward the voucher code, wH1n3r, to the pilot of the Vermillion. This should not be seen as an admission of responsibility on the part of USI or its subsidiary's.

Further, can I assure you that the ships of the 5th are and have been welcome at our bases for some time now. Hence I believe the issue was caused by Ion Storms. The heuristic algorithms we use, updates our stations including data gathered by our extensive fleet. So we were prepared for your arrival (we even had the Sunbucks in the peculator), but. We have yet to receive official notification to include your transponders. Perhaps you could expedite the matter for me.

Yours
Richard Burton CAO [*USI*]

Greetings Mister Burton,

You are mistaken to identify me within the High Command of the 5th Fleet.

No sir, I belong to the High Command of the Primary Fleet and this issue was handed to me by the Admiralty Board. If you do not recognize the wordings the logo of these transmissions, how am I to understand that you are capable of handling this complaint.

As for your inquiries, this incident happened three days ago now that a day has passed. Indeed the evidence that was put forth shows Vermillion to be in good condition... but that was after me and Commander John Sader of the 5th fleet arrived to assist in towing his ship towards Planet Erie. After which, we tested the miner's theory, and replicated the incident.

I advise you not to make the mistake of misidentifying personnel to other organizations, doing so may cause confusion to other persons. Now since your base has shot at the civilian and being the owner of the base, I am therefore charging you with the following offense:
Quote:
III. Assault.

The assault of any member of the Liberty forces for any reason is illegal, unless specific verbal exemption is given for a particular instance by a member of the high command structures of the Primary Fleets only.

The assault of any civilian for any reason, including the collection of bounties, is illegal. The only case that this is allowed is if that civilian has breached the law, and only if permitted by a representative of the Liberty forces.

Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries and Freelancers are allowed to collect against those already part of groups that the Liberty forces consider hostile.

For the full list of entities considered hostile by the government of Liberty, please visit the Liberty Navy Faction Status document, located here.

Self-defence is permitted. That is the primary use for civilian weaponry in the house of Liberty.

The fine is set to be at One Hundred Sixty Thousand Sirius Credits (160,000 SC) playable to the miner 'Vermillion'. It includes the repairs of his ship.

For Freedom and Justice,
Vice Admiral Remus Sius ,
Liberty Naval High Command.

**************************BOOSTING TRANSMISSION**************************

To: Vice Admiral Remus Sius [LN]

Dear Mr Sius,

firstly, let me apologize for the delay and any confusion on my part. Myself I'm a Bretonian and have only recently moved from Leeds. As yet I'm not familiar with many members of Liberty Navy [LN] let alone its high command. I think it was the absence of the electronic water marks we were sent for the communications systems crypto-cypher key from your corporate relations team, copy attached.
[LN] information
[LN] divisions
and, I'm afraid, we couldn't find your logo there either.
Of course it is possible that we just haven't been issued a recent update which reflects these changes. As I mentioned before we are still waiting to hear from the 5th. And we do understand that the Navy has more pressing matters on its hand than paperwork. But it is necessary to avoid the very confusion you mention. Again my apologies.
Oh dear I'm about to apologize again. It seems your docking had been blocked by a typographical error. We have since corrected that matter. If you could test that this remedy has been successful at your soonest opportunity I would be greatfull.
No surprises I'm apologizing again. We unfortunately cannot pay the fine to Vermillion. Be in no doubt we will pay the fine, but. As you elevated this to a criminal charge I was forced by company policy to hand it over to our legal department. They had many concerns regarding your statements and yours insistence that the fine should be paid to a non governmental account. Firstly they don't support your presumption that the Vermillion didn't initiate the stations response to his presence. Their grounds being that with defense mode 5 set and without the Vermillion being on the stations blacklist. That the station cannot have initiated the violent response you describe. Together with the evidence you presented, or lack of, which you later admitted was a situation you recreated. They also noticed the lack of electronic watermarks. So they took their time and decided we have to eliminate the possibility that this isn't some devious deception by the lane hackers. By ensuring the fine is only paid into an official account. To that end, they have required me to obtain the name of your Liberty Navy [LN] account the sum is to be sent to, from you. We will dispatch funds immediately upon receipt of the information requested, including a further sum for delayed payment. Our legal department is currently considering an appeal in the courts against the charge on the grounds, he incontrovertibly must have shot first and the station only exercised its right to defend USI property and lives. Whilst his firing on the station may have been unintentional our defense systems are automated in exactly the same way as every other station in Sirius. It being his responsibility to get his system reset prior to re-approaching the station in question. It also being his responsibility not to discharge his weapons, of any caliber, at USI property and/or personnel, in the first place. I have to say I'm inclined to agree with them, sorry.
The voucher code I issued for Vermillion is still valid regardless and we bear the fellow no ill will whatsoever. In fact we hope he will still do business at Emlenton Storage and Exports and help support the Liberty economy. If hes willing we would give him proper training and maybe even a job or contract after he qualifies. So please don't think us uncaring for his situation. We would rather get to know him and educate him than condemn him. Though we obviously cannot condone his actions in this mater. We still hold with our belief that Libertys real wealth is in her people. We polish them so they shine like diamonds. Not leave them to tarnish and grow dull.

Respectfully Yours

Greetings Mister Burton,

After much deliberation from our Provost Marshall, it has been deemed that the fine be payable to the following account [LN]-Armory.002.

Upon inspection of your base, the proper docking rights have been granted.

I thank you for your patience and I hope that future incidents will not occur. This channel is open to the miner in question, should he avail of your offer.

For Freedom and Justice,
Vice Admiral Remus Sius,
First Fleet,

To: Vice Admiral Remus Sius [LN]

Dear Mr Sius,

the sum of 500,000 SC has been sent to [LN]Armory.002 from [*USI*]Albert.Lea[I], receipt available upon request.
Our legal depatment has requested the relevant case reference numbers for this incident. They have also asked me to find out from you, wether this incident took place prior to the arrival of yourself and Commander John Sader of the 5th fleet. As seems to be implied by your previous communications.

Respectfully Yours

Greetings Mister Burton,

The excess sum of Three Hundred Forty Thousand Sirius Credits (340,000 SC) has been returned by the Naval Treasury. The miner of the 'Vermillion' has also been reimbursed. Receipts are as follows:
[Image: 5MdvEB6.png]

The relevant case number for this incident is Case #22 1 79999 7. the warrant for the fine was handled by Circuit Court Judge John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt of Erie, Pennslyvania system

As mentioned previously, this incident took place before our arrival. The miner sent a distress call to our wing, upon arrival the ship's miner was in critical condition. We had to tow his ship towards the Planet Erie, where the ship was repaired.

As the fine is now paid, I now officially close this incident report. The case will now be passed to the respective legal attorneys to verify the accounts of the miner and your defense attorneys in the proceeding appeal case.

My thanks again for your patience in dealing with this matter.

For Freedom and Justice,
Vice Admiral Remus Sius,
First Fleet,