Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: IMG Board of Guild Masters | Fine and Disuse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Battleship Carcassonne, Agincourt System
23 juin, 738 AGS

Sender: Grand Maréchal Leon Dupont, Royal Gauloise.
Recipient: IMG Board of Guild Masters, Les Mineurs Indépendants Guilde.
Topic: Fines, Cease and Desist.

Guild Masters,

Your operations have crossed our desk too many times. I'm starting to get sick of it. A Laura Huntington was found flying a banned ship, see section 3.2 of the Gallic Charter. She was questioned about this by officers and fled to the docks of Java. She is to pay a fine of 5.000.000 francs to the Banque.de.Gallia, hand over the vessel to Gallic officials, and explain the reason for use of this illegal vessel. You have forty-eight hours to comply.

Leon Dupont
Grand Maréchal of the Roi's Royal Navy

Transmission End

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Tau 23

¤ COMM-ID: Laura Huntington

¤ TARGET-ID: To GRP

¤ SUBJECT: Fine

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Dear Grand Maréchal Leon Dupont,

The Board listened to my side of the story of the events and decided that I should contact you directly about this.

The Comander of the GRP|-IFD-Robuste visited a Niobium mining operation. He was filled with Niobium ore for free and when this was done, an Outcast vessel of Sabre class came into range. Up to that point, the IMG was helpful in explaining to several others what the Gallic occupation of the Taus means and how to avoid trouble.

The Outcast Sabre arrives:

Quote:[23.06.2015 17:58:23] IMG|Angry.Duck: GRP Commandeur, there is an Outcast here.
[23.06.2015 17:59:07] GRP|-IFD-Robuste: Eloise: Invincible, you are in violation of Gallic law. I suggest you leave.
[23.06.2015 17:59:18] Invincibile: if i dont leave?
[23.06.2015 17:59:36] GRP|-IFD-Robuste: Eloise: Then your death will be swift.
[23.06.2015 18:00:31] Invincibile: I accept the challenge

The GRP transport and the Outcast fighter fight. An IMG miner runs to call for help.

Quote:[23.06.2015 18:02:59] IMG|Angry.Duck: I'll send an IMG fighter patrol your way, Commandeur

Help comes too late, but I start the pursuit of the Outcast immediately

Quote:[23.06.2015 18:05:13] Death: GRP|-IFD-Robuste was put out of action by Invincibile (Gun).
[23.06.2015 18:05:28] IMG|Laura.Huntington: IMG Defense wing launch completed.
[23.06.2015 18:05:34] IMG|Laura.Huntington: Damn! Explosions detected

[23.06.2015 18:05:59] IMG|Laura.Huntington: Wings, find the pilot. (meaning: the pod of the GRP pilot)
[23.06.2015 18:07:27] IMG|Laura.Huntington: Come here! (to the Outcast that was fleeing the scene)
[23.06.2015 18:07:32] Invincibile: I dont ave time for you
[23.06.2015 18:08:34] IMG|Laura.Huntington: Ah, come on, I only want the GRP pilot
[23.06.2015 18:08:53] Invincibile: No malta need them
[23.06.2015 18:09:40] IMG|Laura.Huntington: I need him

The chase was seen and commented on by a GRN vessel that did not intervene:

Quote:[23.06.2015 18:12:53] GRN|RNS-Souris: Lloris: Doesn't seem so Invincibile after all.

After a wild chase into Tau 37, I forced a duel onto the Sabre and at high personal risk liberated the captive:

Quote:[23.06.2015 18:14:20] IMG|Laura.Huntington: Just hand him over
[23.06.2015 18:16:28] Death: Invincibile was put out of action by IMG|Laura.Huntington (Gun).

[Image: KogymaU.png]

Then I went back immediately - carrying the pods of several captives - and handed them to the GRN forces there:

Quote:[23.06.2015 18:18:01] IMG|Laura.Huntington: GRN Commandeurs, I have something for you.
[23.06.2015 18:18:07] GRN|Ansel.Xavier: Namely?
[23.06.2015 18:18:11] GRN|RNS-Souris: Lloris: What is it?
[23.06.2015 18:18:32] IMG|Laura.Huntington: The Outcast that shot down a GRP ship. I have the pilot. Took it from the OC that I hunted down in T37.
[23.06.2015 18:18:47] IMG|Laura.Huntington: I thought you might be interested in getting him.
[23.06.2015 18:18:58] GRN|Ansel.Xavier: Assuredly.
[23.06.2015 18:19:06] GRN|Ansel.Xavier: Feel free to transfer him to the Souris.
[23.06.2015 18:19:10] IMG|Laura.Huntington: Sadly I came too late to take the Outcast out before he took out the GRP.
[23.06.2015 18:19:37] IMG|Laura.Huntington: That's him.
[23.06.2015 18:19:43] GRN|RNS-Souris: Lloris: Merci.

Now it seems, I am getting persecuted because I approached your forces openly, after rescuing a GRP pilot out of the hands of an Outcast who wanted to take him to the Cardamine plantations of Malta. But I did not want to waste time, not knowing how bad the pilot is after he was in two explosions.

So, for years now there has been - what has sometimes been called - an "unwritten law" that the GRN would not mind the Guild much when we fight the Outcasts. This seems not to be the case here.

Furthermore, I was asked to explain the presence of a Manta class vessel: there are a handful of operational BHG vessels that were left when the Bounty Hunters Guild retreated from the Taus. Before the Gallic Royal Navy pacified the Taus, a strong presence of Bounty Hunters, Colonials and IMG Defense was fighting the Outcast surge. Much like the Colonial ships that were left in the wake of the changes of power in the Taus (and that there seems to be an exception in the laws for), the few remaining BHG vessels were patched up and they are being used by the IMG Defense against the Outcast and the Nomad threat.

Moreover, I did not "flee". I docked, after I explained that I will have to have the circumstances checked. After some recent events that almost led do fighting, I have strict orders to not escalate situations like this and let the appropriate persons clarify things. That's why I docked and reported the incident to my superiors immediately.

I would ask for leniency in this case and in cases when we fight the Outcast menace.
The fine has been transferred to the bank account.

Yours sincerely,

Laura Huntington
IMG Tau Defense

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤
23 juin, 738 AGS

Recipient: IMG Board of Guild Masters CC: Laura Huntington, Les Mineurs Indépendants Guilde.
Topic: Re: Fines, Cease and Desist.

Guild Masters and Ms. Huntington,

I do not understand your reasoning for targeting this to the Gendarmerie Royale Gauloise, but I'll count that as an error. I think there was a misunderstanding somewhere along the line, and what you're suggesting is borderline treasonous to suggest an officer would overlook the charter. We don't mind you defending yourself versus the Maltese, but there is no question as to if you will do so legally or illegally. That ship is not excluded from any law and as such is banned from operation. The crown already dislikes the use of Colonial technology and design.

This is not negotiable; the ship is to be handed over. We will send a team to retrieve it on Java's docks soon. I suggest you do not try your luck, we were very lenient as it was for this event.

Leon Dupont

Transmission End

¤ COMM-ID: Samuel Schwerdtfeger

¤ TARGET-ID: Grand Maréchal Leon Dupont

¤ SUBJECT: APM Equipment

Honourable Grand Maréchal Leon Dupont,

I am Stephen Schwerdtfeger, Guildmaster of the Independent Miners Guild.

The Guild apologizes for the use of unlicensed APM technology in the Gallic Taus and acknowledges the violation of Gallic law.

Strictly speaking, the APM technology does not belong to the Bounty Hunters Guild and is also used by other organisations - like "The Core", but also by many others. The Guild does not know how Gallia's diplomacy with "AP Manufaturing" is, so this is only a side comment to clarify the somewhat twisted APM status.

I would personally like to find a solution that does not weaken the already weak IMG defense capabilities in the Taus. Defense equipment is under enormous stress due to an increasing quantity and severity of fighting in Tau 23 and Tau 37. Regrettably, the Manta is one of the few ships that is powerful enough to handle the newly developed Outcast "Rapier" design on eye level, which the IMG Lhotse cannot. Giving up the APM ships would result in a significant reduction of the Guild's capabilities to do our part in Tau security.

The Guild asks whether it is theoretically possible to obtain an exemption from Article 3.2 for a very limited list of APM technology (less than 5 ships in the Taus).

The Guild could offer - for example - to:

> provide a complete list of APM technology in the hands of the Guild
> allow for realtime tracking of the operations these ships are used in by tagging them with sensors
> restrict the combat parameters for these ships (e.g. to be only use against enemies of the Crown)
> hand over one piece of each class of APM technology for research
> apply for an addition of an exemption to Article 3.2 for APM technology and pay for such a license
> obtain special goods that Gallia has difficult access to

I am proud to say that - despite difficult conditions - the Guild and the Gallic Empire have managed to find mutually beneficial solutions so far and I hope that this is also possible in this case.

If it has to be, the Guild will hand over the APM ships we own without resistance, but I would like to plead to you personally to not strip the few experienced defense pilots who have exclusive permission to fly these rare ships from their ability to field them in combat against our common enemy, the Outcast.

Yours sincerely,

Samuel Schwerdtfeger
IMG Guildmaster

24 juin, 738 AGS

Recipient: IMG Board of Guild Masters CC: Laura Huntington, Les Mineurs Indépendants Guilde.
Topic: Re: Fines, Cease and Desist.

Guild Masters and Ms. Huntington,

There is nothing twisted about the status of APM technology. You reside within Gallia and are under the same restrictions as any other civilian corporation. Those ship designs have been banned for quite some time. I suggest you have your board go over the charter, as your violations keep coming up.

I forwarded the report for this situation to the Crown, as any request to change the Charter should go though them. Their response was a denial to the request. My guess is you can't break the laws then come back later to request those to be excused. Perhaps if you didn't press your luck and requested before hand it wouldn't go this way.

Leon Dupont

Transmission End

¤ COMM-ID: Samuel Schwerdtfeger

¤ TARGET-ID: Grand Maréchal Leon Dupont

¤ SUBJECT: APM Equipment

Honourable Grand Maréchal Leon Dupont,

The Guild acknowledges the decision.
Two Manta class fighters, one Moray class bomber and one Bottlenose gunship will be parked in Hangar 2 A and can be picked up by the end of the day.

Yours sincerely,

Samuel Schwerdtfeger
IMG Guildmaster