Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the elders of The Brotherhood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 6Wu63MD.png]
Greetings senor Ronaldo Lopez, dear elders of The Brotherhood,

My name is James El Harady, currently the one in charge of the people of the Canaan Project.
As you may - or may not - know, we are a union of (mostly) researchers currently devoted to gathering information about Artificial Intelligences.
In the process of this research we discovered some hints in form of coordinates that some sort of “corrupted AI’s” roamed Omicron Lambda and may have set up a construction near Marratxi.
At this point you, dear senor Lopez, you might be wondering why I’m adressing you. Within the data of the corrupted AI’s we also found out that you were involved in the matters in some way.
In the process of our research we would like to have a closer look at these coordinates and do a few scans.
Of course we know that Omicron Lambda is within the firm hand of the Corsairs, dear elders of the brotherhood, this is why we are taking the straight path and approaching you directly.
We know that strangers are not exactly welcome in your territory so we’re well aware that if you would enable us to do our research it won’t be for free.
Truth be told, we’re no rich people. The equipment for our research is pricy and it rarely pays off, so when it is money that you want just keep in mind that we’re no giant corporation.
I hope that I didn’t offend you with our request. I will be awaiting your answer.

[Image: U8usAnF.png]

- Resending transmission -

[Image: Flarealtcopy.png]

'Ola, honorable captain James El Harady, I am Elder Raul Lopez. It looks like my secretards was completely useless so couldnt answer to your message while I was busy defending Yaren. Now, however, with the station's defences down and I'm being back at Crete, I can answer to it personally.

A Robot station in Lambda? If my memory is right only one case of this happened - when Ronaldo made some kind of agreement with those... uhm... Sentinels? they was called? Perhaps he knows better. But to my knowlege Order fleet destroyed it and since then no Robots ever appeared in Lambda again. You of course can fly to Marratxi and see it for yourself, and say if there is new base happened to be created, that will save me time and resources on sending patrol there. I will not charge you for this task, nor pay, I only expect your share with us results of your intel.

On the other hand, I want to have small talk with you people. What is your relationship with PRIME robots who infested Kappa lately? What work you do for Order, Zoners and Core? Do you plan to take part in our Artifact business in any way?

Signed, Elder Raul Lopez

Hasta la vista,
la dignidad, el honor, el orgullo.

Greetings elders of The Brotherhood,

So the Order was faster than us? That's unfortunate but not surprising. We would like to take a look at the site anyway. Of course we will share the results with you - I suppose that's the least we can do for you since we are not getting charged additionally for that trip.

He massages his forehead

So what work do we do for the Order, the Zoners and the Core? That question really took me off guard, you know?

He chuckles

No work at all, senor. We're not interactig with the Core if we can avoid it, our connection to the Zoners is more like a relict of the past and all of our past working relationships have been cancelled for a long time. Now the situation with the Order is a little more tricky.
We're not working for them, mind you; against them would be more fitting. Since our relation to the PRIME AI's is a rather close one, the Order would love to get their hands on the results of our studies.

So that brings me right to our relation to the PRIME AI's. Just this much: The Canaan Project has been researching them for a long time and our connection to them is a close one in general.

Last of all let me express my gratitude for enabling a potentially important expedition.