Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transmission to all Order Personnel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...Incoming Transmission...
Source: Commander Aki Kimura, Lisbon Station, Omicron 100
Subject: Neural Inhibitors

-Begin Transmission-

Lately, more and more incidents of telepathic manipulation of our personnel by nomads and keepers have been reported. I've had attempts at this trickery on myself, and seen it happen to my wingmen in the field, both in this past week.

Order scientists at Lisbon have developed a Neural Inhibitor which works to block telepathic signals. It isnt entirely effective, as some stronger signals are still able to break through it's protection, but it is proven to prevent personnel from being forcefully controlled by nomad specimens from a distance.

Up until now, we have been testing this technology, and due to limited resources have not been able to supply them to all of our personnel. Only key Officers within The Order have been given inhibitors thus far.

It is my belief that the Nomads, and their controllers the Keepers, are realizing that they cannot win a direct war of force against humanity, just as they could not fifteen years ago during the nomad war. To that end, they are using more subversive tactics such as mental manipulation and infestation in order to disrupt our organization, among others, from within. We cannot afford to have our people coming under the control of these aliens, and must avoid such incidents at any cost.

I have sent a general order to Lisbon's research department to begin mass production of the current Neural inhibitor prototypes. They will be issued to all Order personnel of ensign rank and higher. Crewmen and Recruits will receive nueral inhibitors once all existing Order pilots and Officers are equipped with them. All Order Personnel are required to report to their commanding officers as soon as possible so that they may be given their neural inhibitors.

<PX-v1.53 Neural Manipulation Inhibitor>
"The Prototype, version 1.53 NPI is a one-inch diameter spinal interface chip which can be attached to the back of the user's neck, using an adhesive to connect to the user's skin. Once interfaced, the NPI analyzes the user's normal mental patterns, and using mild electrical impulses is able to nullify any abnormal neural patterns which match the recorded telepathic frequences used by Nomads and Keepers."

-End Transmission-