Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Liberty Logistics Service Command | From: Bowex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission from Planet New London, New London system
22/07/822 A.S.

[Image: xKJ70hJ.png]
To: Captain Alen Jones, Liberty Logistics Service; Liberty Navy High Command.
CC: Bretonian War Cabinet.
Priority: Very High
Topic: Technology licensing and joint production.

Dear Captain Jones

I am contacting you today on behalf of Borderworld Exports, but in a more abstract sense, on behalf of Bretonia. Bretonia and Liberty have had a special relationship stretching back to time immemorial; the Liberty engine bridged the gap between the Houses, while Bretonian material sciences built the ships to house those engines and survive and thrive in that deepest void. The proliferation of various technologies between our Houses has always been of massive importance, and in these bleak days may well be essential for our survival.

Up to the present day, Bretonian and Libertonian pilots and soldiers have fought shoulder to shoulder all the along the front against the Gallic scourge. One of the many aspects that allows our alliance to synergise and excel to meet its utmost potential is the blending and standardisation of our equipment, to ensure our forces are armed and trained to the bleeding edge of modern capability and progress. I’d like to talk to you today about maintaining and honing that edge.

The battlefield deployment of the cloaking device was a game changing development. It has had a staggering impact on both the strategic and tactical level on the battlefield and the home front, with unchecked proliferation even spilling the technology onto the black market. From pirates to hostile militaries, the impact of cloaking devices can be felt no keener than within the Kingdom of Bretonia. From the Navy’s recent press releases, we are also led to believe that EM advances have finally led to a countermeasure that can effectively fight back against the invisible menace.

It is the express interest of Borderworld Exports to construct a production facility aboard Canary Wharf Station in New London, to operate in a similar capacity to your own Long Island Station. We would like to licence the use of the technology in question, in order to provide a localised, regulated and secure source of cloaking disruptors within Bretonia. Borderworld Exports can provide the logistics, facilities and highly skilled Cambridge workforce required to initiate production within New London. What we don’t have are the schematics and specific field expertise.

Under the terms of a potential licence, we would like to take on a taskforce of your scientists who would be able to oversee and direct production as required. This would ensure the effectiveness of produced goods, as well as safeguarding Libertonian military proprietary technology. To use an analogy, I expect an agreement could be conducted along much the same lines as the current status quo between Ageira and DSE with jump gates and trade lanes: one party holds the technology rights, the other merely assembles it.

The fruits of Bretonian and Libertonian scientific partnership can already be seen bearing results aboard the Cambridge Research Station. In cooperation with the Deans of Cambridge, and yourselves, I would love to see a similar relationship bloom aboard Canary Wharf. A New London manufacturing and distribution centre truly would be a boon for all allied forces in need of refit throughout the region. Do please let me know of your thoughts.

Yours in service to the Queen

James Cromwell KBE.
Director of Operations
Borderworld Exports