Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Red Squadron - Request for Volunteers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: Commander Jannik Østergård
TARGET ID: Liberty Navy First Fleet Personnel
SUBJECT: Formation of Red Squadron, 1FLT
ENCRYPTION: Moderate
PRIORITY: Moderate

Attention!

Our wonderfully bright individuals in Naval R&D have finally come through with a breakthrough that might just win us the war, and'll make our internal struggles just that much easier - a device that will disable cloaking devices. As far as I know, they're calling 'em "Cloak Disruptors' - mighty original, I must say - and we'll be receiving the first batch designed for fighters soon. With this development, the Admiralty came to me and gave me control of the formerly defunct Red Squadron. We're rebuilding her into a formidable force, and we're taking volunteers.

The primary purpose and objective of Red Squadron (or the 12th Pursuit Squadron, if you're one of the official types) is the denial of retreat of any enemy forces, be them pirate or Gaul or what have you. To this end, all of the squadron's twelve Liberator Pursuit Craft will be fitted with light tachyon bursters, paired down armor plating, and extra engines for good measure. We'll be given the finest cruise disruptors money can buy, and a full set of Cloak Disruptors from Navy R&D once they fall off the assembly line. With that, I need the craziest of you flyboys out there who want to make a real difference and aren't afraid to fly a cardboard box with engines strapped to it to do it. Anyway, here's some important legal fluff:

Requirements
1. System Manager
Utilize the standard Manager installed into your Neural Net. It should work perfectly.
2. Required Rank
Anyone who's made it into the Navy proper may apply for use of a shared vessel. That means Ensigns or above, anyone crazy enough to fly one of these ships is welcome to do so.

Regulations: Red Squadron Pilots
1. Standing Accounts
Each volunteer ship has been supplied with a five million [5.000.000SC] float for purchase of ammunition, regens, and fuel. Use it if you have to during your assignment, but be prepared to make it up again. That five million credits is to be left on the ship when you sign out at the end of your run.
2. Restricted Space
Red Squadron is cleared to operate in The Republic of Liberty The Kingdom of Bretonia, The Federal Republic of Rheinland, and the Taus. Ships may be deployed to the Omicrons at the discretion of the First Fleet Admiralty. As with all other ships, territory of The Republic of Kusari is strictly off-limits.
3. Access
Access to Red Squadron is at the discretion of [FADM Nathaniel Davies] and [VADM James Lambert] or, in their absence, the Quartermaster [CDR Frank Burnet]. Distribution of access codes is to be conducted only through the above named individuals. First Fleet members may maintain access to ships for the duration of their service. On retirement, codes are to be returned to Logistics Command.
4. Maintenance
All ships are to be returned to the hangar fully equipped, with nanobots, shield batteries, weapons, and ejector seats fully loaded. You're officers, clean up after yourselves.
5. Separate Use
As Red Squadron is meant as a pursuit squadron, Red units are allowed to act independently as long as at least one other Naval unit is operating in the same region. If additional RSQD units are online, forming up is a priority but not a necessity.
6. Off-Duty Use
Red Squadron vessels are not to be utilized off-duty under any circumstances. Have you seen what Vice Admiral Baker looks like when she's angry? Don't try it, I warn you.

Red Squadron Roster
Restricted Vessels
1. [LN]-Red.One - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter - Reserved for CO
2. [LN]-Red.Two - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter - Reserved for XO
3. [LN]-Red.Three - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter - Reserved
4. [LN]-Red.Four - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter - Reserved

Open for Use
5. [LN]-Red.Five - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter
6. [LN]-Red.Six - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter
7. [LN]-Red.Seven - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter
8. [LN]-Red.Eight - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter
9. [LN]-Red.Nine - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter
10. [LN]-Red.Ten - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter
11. [LN]-Red.Eleven - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter
12. [LN]-Red.Twelve - LZF-9805 "Liberator" Light Fighter

That's it. Anyone that wants access to these ships and meets the requirements, drop notice in this channel and we'll get you outfitted. Short on requirements? Talk with a member of the Admiralty and work to meet them. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sincerely,

Commander Jannik Østergård,
CO Red Squadron,
Liberty Navy First Fleet.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****
COMM ID: Commander Pierre Moreau
TARGET ID: Liberty Naval Primary Fleet High Command
SUBJECT: Red Squadron volunteering
ENCRYPTION: High
PRIORITY: High

[Image: UQGFg5D.png]

To the Admiralty and High Command,

Look at the size of those things! I'm volunteering to stand by as the pilot for Red Five.

Signing out,
Commander Pierre Moreau.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****