Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: -= The short backstory of David Arren =-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I have first seen the sun in one of Freeport 9's biodomes about a month after I was born on the very same station. I got my name after my father, David Arren.

Well, my father is a marvelous ex-corsair engineer, who made up his mind to leave the corsairs once and for all, after the squardon whom ships he was responsible to be top notch, were sent on a mission to distract the bounty hunters to cover a smuggling operation, the suicide part was only revealed when it was already too late. They became friends over the months, he used every occasion to talk to them -so he could figure out their fighting style and configure their ships perfectly- and also listened to their stories and boasts during these conversations. Although being pirates they never opened fire if the target surrendered willingly, this was what made them worthy to be friends in my father's eyes and undesired fodder in some of the corsair commander's, and finally led to their demise. Knowing this my father hastily packed his belongings and "borrowed" a few plans and weapons in case he needs to defend himself and hopped into a captured zoner falcon -which was abandoned by his former pilot in fear of a reactor explosion due to intense damage, and was tractored to Tripoli to be repaired and used in recon operations- so he could avoid the attention of bounty hunter patrols in Omicron Theta. By the time they noticed he has gone missing and sent a squadron to bring him back, he was half-way to Freeport 9 in Theta. Fortunately the distraction earlier that day stirred up the system and there were patrols everywhere, his chasers got some company at the jump hole and had to give up, they also made sure that my father reached the station safe and sound as the bounty hunters were busier blowing them up than to ask unwated questions from him. He decided to keep silent about where he is from, gave fake answers when somebody asked him. Also didn't forget to quickly disassemble the weapons and hide their parts along with the plans and other documents he had which can prove his corsair past, in his compartment. The zoner way of life suited him perfectly, the relative freedom and while the struggle for life was still there at least it wasn't for to take lifes the next and every day you live, but for exploring. After a few weeks he got a job as an engineer at the docks. He was back on track and slowly but surely over a few years he became the chief engineer in the base's main equipment shop.

Father later fell in love with Shalene Brightmoon, her family joined the zoners three generations ago, whI am the fruit of the passionate love of my father and en her grandparents, former doctors and researchers at Cryer, were asked by zoners to help one of their own who succumbed to some unknown illness. They felt they can do more for humanity by aiding the zoners, than with experiementing in a Cryer drug research lab, thus they remained with them. Most members of the family are honored doctors among zoners to this day. The feeling was mutual as I wouldn't be here if wasn't, would I ? They married a year after the sparks of love turned into a blazing fire. I am the fruit of their love.

I've loved to mess around father in the equipment shop since I know my mind. I was fascinated with the look, shape of the equipment, and buttons of course. Later I learned slowy their inner workings, electronics, physics and most theories behind how various equipment done what it did. I helped now and then in the shop, and could install pretty much everything on a ship that was humanly possible.

For a while I was seriously considering joining the Bounty Hunters Guild, as they are helping a lot with defending Freeport 9 and keeping the pirates at bay. However I got disappointed that they only do this because they get a good sum of money for it, I should have known it is in their names after all. So I decided to become a freelancer at first but knowing father and his past I came to the conclusion that being an outlaw doesn't always mean evil and hienous, even if it is the case in most times. My parents wasn't enthralled by the fact that their son is becoming a mercenary, especially with the reputation they have. However they calmed down a bit and let me become one when I told them that, I will need two things to accept any jobs, first a good and honest reason about why somebody want me to fire my guns for his/her money, I will then evaulate if the motives are acceptable by my moral code, I am not a soulless backstabbing mass murderer after all, and I have no intentions becoming one. And enough money of course, that convinces me to take the risks of the mission. Even after telling them this, my parents were not amused, as I could barely stand their glare, but at least knew that their son won't just look for trouble.

A week has passed since my grand announcement, I spent most of my time looking for ships and equipment I could afford so I can begin my career. When father called me on the comms and told me to get to 4th docking bay as asoon as possible. At first I thought it was an emergency and something terrible happened. I could barely breath after I ran all the way from our home to the docks, but the sight that welcomed me there made me forget how exhausted I was in a moment. A sleek black ship levitated silently on the anti-grav beam, I just stood there in awe when dad waved for me to get to him. All I could do was to nod as he explained the specifications of the ship and showed me where to find which console. However as I set my sight on the weapon panel ther were two weapon ids that instanly snapped me out of my stupor. When I turned back to ask how they got installed on my ship, he just stood there with a subtle smile, "those are a part of my past that may help you in the future" was all he said about the weapons, and it was more than enough to know, he reassembled and fixed them on my ship.

I was really excited later on that day, I was ready to begin my life as a mercenary, however the recognition that I will have to depend on and only on myself made me a bit frightened as well. It was I who made this decision after all and there is no turning back now. Next day I said goodbye to my parents and my friends on the station. I could fell a the adrenaline in my veins as I approached the ship, and heard my heart beating in my ears as I launched in to space. After a few turns around the base, I realized how handy the ship really was and with my newfound confidence I set course to the nearest system I was hoping to find a suitable job...

// Sorry in advance for any typos or grammatical errors. This is a bit chaotic but I tried my best to write down every though I had in mind regarding my chars biography and may left out a few things here and there, sorry for that. I'm going to re-read and fill in the gaps when I have time. //