Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The smellfungus of T&T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: lbIXDS6.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Hello Funny McScrap.

It has been half a year since we have put in effect this loose partnership. Today I had the chance to get in my hands the results of this partnership from Professor Scorpius no less. I am sure you remember him, don't you?

The results are disappointing, Mr McScrap. In almost all of our cargo heists, T&T was never available to be reached and help with fencing the liberated cargo. It is time to come up with new ways to refresh this stagnated cooperation between the Hackers and T&T.

That is why I am inviting you to make new propositions which Professor Scorpius and I will review on behalf of the Lane Hackers. I am certain you will come up with something juicy and profitable, and you will avoid disappointing us again.

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...
[Image: TampTtb_zps38c4b146.png]

FynnMcScrap here,
speaking for Tinker and Transport

Mr. Yoshida,
in retrospect I find it quite astonishing how surely you manage to start every communication with me in a manner most suiting to get me angry, and not inclined to do what you seem to wish me to do. And as the Lane Hacker reputation and known affinity to intelligence gathering, information broking and general extortion is legendary I have no choice but to conclude that you do this puropsefully.

Well, as you wish.
Read my psych profile and compare it to my reactions.

On behalf of the trade union known as Tinker and Transport we aknowledge that due to a lack of manpower and the resulting in-flight time of our trade fleet members we have not managed to be available to our buisness partners from the Lane Hackers as often as could be wished.
As this seems to be a valid reason for the Lane Hackers to negate the agreement we aknowledge that our business partnership is now
< void > and will not be continued.

As reparation we offer to hand over the three outfitted and neutrally renamed Serenity trade ships that have been set aside of the normal trade fleet for the purposes of pick up duty to the Hackers or a one time payment of sirius credits representing the net value of these three ships :
< 100.000.000 credits >

Due to current fleet situation and the continued differences between the buisness partners we have no other possible offer to make you.

Yours respectfully

Funny McEss from the smellfungus traders

FynnMcScrap

[Image: TampTte_zpse12cde9d.png]
...uploading.data...

I don't care if we made you angry Mr McScrap, however we do care to have an efficient partnership. So allow me to not waste time and get to the point.

If it is credits or ships that we want from you, we could extort or abduct your Tinkers and get those. As I have told you multiple times, we want business partners, a relationship between equals. We are not one of those corporate cartels which you deal with and constantly seek to strangle their rivals. I thought by now you would have respected that.

So, do you have any other propositions?

Mr. Yoshida,

to be equally frank as not to waste your time I will list some pros and contras down below as to show current situation and my stance toward our buisness partnership.

Pro :

1. The Hackers and Tinkers both agree that current government and corporate structure is not suitable for our purposes. Tinkers opting to work just inside the structure and using loophooles and a clean as possible forefront, the Hackers standing outside of the structure and actively fighting it. This difference can bring usefull options for both sides if the need arrises.
  2. The Hackers and Tinkers both share a common zone of Interence and use the same systems, jump holes and lanes up to a point, main activity being centered around libertonian space and the so called independent systems around it.
  3. The Hackers as a fabled fighting force and renown information brokers offer possible expertise not available but valued at Tinkers. Tinkers trade fleet can fly to and dock at many stations and in areas not accessible for the Hackers and obtain physical resources easily if a logistiocal need arrises.

Con:

1. An effective buisness partnership and relation as equals can not be founded on threats and insults.
  2. Even though Tinkers admire the Lane Hacker fight against oppressive and inhuman corporate effort we strongly criticise method and tactics used as these are not acceptable. We support humanitarian effort, not terroristic activity. This fundamental difference in strategy and ethics can not be ignored any longer.
  3. Due to our own difficulties with manpower and resources we can not guarantee the requested levle of availability to fulfill the previous contract.

So, to sum it up :
I have nothing to offer because I have enough problems to solve myself.
The general stance by our crews towards the Lane Hackers is to cheer them as some sort of modern day Robin Hood freedom fighters, but you have very cooly and successfully convinced me this is not the case.

Mr. Yoshida, I respect you as a very educated and obviously also very experienced buisness man. I fully realise how effective, capable and dangerous the Hackers are, and have no Interest at all in making an enemy out of you.
But at the same time we here at Tinkers have a code of conduct we live after, and more and more I come to realize that cooperating with the Hackers on a regular bias sacrifices that code. I will not do that.
I will not sacrifice our way of live only to live, for that would make us equal to the corporate drones we both adhore.

Tinkers definitively is no equal to the Hackers in terms of manpower, threat assesment or technical aptitude. This is a neutral assessment of actual situation, no sales report or diplomatic chitchat.

I respect the openings you and others break into corporate shells and wartime blokades, used by us to run the borders or slip through the gaps. So If you have a proposal - or a demand - I will see what we can do.

But sadly we have no common goal or bias to work from.

Yours respectfully

FynnMcScrap

...uploading.data...

So cooperating with the Lane Hackers breaches that stupid code of yours?

Of course. You supposedly support our struggle, support the fall of the corporatocracy in Liberty but that's all about it. Your only contribution is to criticize those who actually work towards that noble goal. That sounds like hypocrisy, Funny McScrap.

And the next day you go on with your business. Do you know how many Kusarians I have intercepted carrying scrap purchased from Haven? Is it perhaps that mining under Junker colors and then selling the cargo to Kusarians another bright example of your hypocrisy, this time towards your Junker brothers?

Only you can answer that. Not with words, I had enough honeyed words coming out of your mouth. Since you have nothing else to propose, allow me to present you our proposal. It will boldly confirm your recent claims and of course is in line with the partnership which we try to pursue with T&T.

Open the doors of Tinkers Haven to the LH~ inner circle. We will stealthily do business with you in non-contraband commodities and you will make some money while the so-called authorities will know nothing of it. Refuse us and I will personally show you what we do to double-faced weasels.

And there we go again, the next threat. The next insult.

As I said before, both in these increasingly meaningless communications and in our meeting half a jear ago in Alberta : we do not react to threats. Not even by the Hackers.

I offered you to have access to the Haven in unmarked, neutral ships on that day, to be scorned by you. Now you once again demand access and threaten me and my folks if we do not comply.

This communication is a farce and you demands can not be met as you once again proove that trusting you or opening the dock to you will only increase the danger you continually threaten us with.

I am closing communication with you as all further discussion is a waste of words.
You only accept those responses you want and discredit everything else with scorn.

Request denied, demand rejected.

Fynn

Negotiation at Planet Chisos confirmed.

Payment of 100.000.000 sirian credits confirmed.

Transfer from T&T/Bank to LH~R&D ...: transfer protocol :...

Demand fulfilled.

Well met
FynnMcScrap

...uploading.data...

These credits will go a long way in sating our appetite. We have rich taste, Fynn, I cannot but admit that.

Of course this also had some beneficial effects. As agreed, T&T is now very low on our target list. All corporate lapdogs are of higher priority, in fact. As you can see I am a man of my word you should always remember that. Fynn, you didn't open this transmission only for this payment. There is another matter which I wish to inform you about.

Perhaps you have forgotten, but we have not. I still possess the evidence of you and your crying child carrying those dangerous nomad materials inside Liberty. Oh yes. Except Liberty's "authorities", the Order is rather merciless when it comes to such things. I still possess the evidence of official Kusarian transports hauling Junker-mined high-quality scrap metal purchased from Haven. I still possess your confession and scans from your Rheinland embargo running.

But my word is iron. As long as you remain in the bottom of our list, you have nothing to fear from me. Your dirt stays with me.