Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Snails Collective First Contact
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
***** Begin Transmission *****

Greetings Humans,

I am the representative of the Snails Collective.

We come in peace.

It is a great honor to represent my civilization in its first contact with the Human Race and it's numerous factions.

We are a race of explorers and scientists seeking knowledge, we do not wish to control territories or resources, we desire a peaceful exchange of cultural and scientific information.

Our language is based on sound waves that resonate at frequencies inaudible to humans therefore it's not possible to translate, please accept this crude association of our name with a mollusk native to your home planet but it's the closest life form in your known fauna that would posses any similarity to us.

We are open to any form of communication with all human factions present in Sirius and we will be soon establishing an Embassy after a thorough mapping of the cluster.

Ambassador of Snails Collective

***** End Transmission *****
Ambassador's Log.
First encounter.

Upon commencing a more detailed survey of the Sirius cluster human settlements I found myself stationing the Omicron Delta System in a somewhat peaceful area near the Freeport base. Fascinating how individuals of the same species ignore their primal survival instincts and clash in minor skirmishes only to end their brief existence in this plane of reality because of diverging ideas or disagreements regarding a piece of rock or some other trivial matter.

I had the chance to get acquianted with a few members of the so-called Nomad species. Their remains have been fully analyzed and a full report on this matter has been compiled and transmitted to the Dom K'vash Ambassador.

The highlight of my day was an encounter with a member of the CORE faction, he seemed extremely concerned about the fate of a few castaways I saved from the frigid space and to whom I offered shelter on my ship. He rudely demanded their return and even accused me of destroying their ships and holding them hostage. I did not resort to explanations regarding how I am not a savage, it would have been futile. I assume this is expected and quite natural behaviour. I offered to part ways with my guests and requested a small token of gratitude since currency is essential in this civilization and my diplomatic status has been ignored by their ruling authorities for the time being. This situation has brought me a dire lack of resources and it is severely slowing down the progress of my mission.

Quite an eventful encounter, I was even involved in violence. The CORE individual fired his weapons at me claiming that I was trying to escape. I never knew I was being held captive. It must have been a sensor malfunction on his side as I was in docking sequence, one of the pilots I rescued desired to purchase a ship from the base nearby. Upon undocking I resumed communication with the CORE representative who this time claimed I was intruding on their territory. I find the notion of ownership rather odd since he was being attacked all this time by a hostile human faction. I began to request more information regarding the events at hand. It seems the notion of ownership and control can also be an aspirational one, the faction in question was still struggling to fight off other contenders and in reality they have no jurisdiction over the area where I stationed at all. He realized the error of his ways and apologized which aroused my curiosity even more. I invited him to join me for lunch so I could get more information on the power struggle in that system and perhaps to sneak a peek into what goes on inside their minds when they are locked in battle but unfortunately my imaging device which gives me a human appearance refused to cooperate. I could not be seen in my true form, the frail human intellect cannot cope with something so much different than their physiology and would cause massive panic. Such a missed opportunity... Perhaps I will get the chance some other time.

End Log