Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Hunters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Year 819 A.S. System Nagano.

"Holy Blade this is Joker speaking. I need dock 7 open for my landing." The man in his eagle sent a comm to the carrier of unknown origin or creator. "Roger that Joker. Welcome back. I hope you had great time in Kusari." A young lady replied to his transmission. "Get the dock open and assemble the crew Tia. And don't forget to prep the ship for hyperspace." Joker said while slowly approaching the Carrier known as Holy Blade.

[Image: GkarTzG.jpg]

Moments later as the eagle entered two men were waiting at the landing pad. Joker got out of his ship and greeted them. "Darius, Yousei. Good to see you again" Joker said as he nodded to them. "Good to see you too Boss" Darius replied as they started walking. Not long after Joker lit his cigarette he asked: "What is the ship status Yousei?". "The AI is running again after I fixed some bugs that were damaging it. Ella at engineering reports that everything is functional with no malfunctions. Tia has the helm as always and Zozen is playing around with his scanner drones. He got the picture of most of the Sirius by now." Yousei replied while almost choking on Joker's smoke."Good." Joker replied, "Where is Alex?". "Alex will be waiting for us in Minor when we give out the signal. He is now at Delta drinking or something." Darius replied rather fast. "Good" Joker replied again, "Lets get to the meeting room".

30 Minutes later 10 leading members of the crew, sat at the round table to begin the debriefing.

"Alright. This is how the things are. Even after 17 years Tekagi's Wild are still roaming Tohoku. I got intel that there are 2 gates in Liberty, but their position is not known. Darius, I want you to find those gates as soon as possible as they might hide something bad for us or the globs." Darius stood up "You got it. Ill tel you if I have anything to share." Darius left for his research quarters. "As for others. Zozen you continue at what you were doing. Tia you will help him make a better image. Ella check for upgrades on the drives for we might need them. Daniel and David, I hunted down some Wild so I want you to see what they have to offer. DO NOT mess up. Yousei.... damn I don't know what to do with you. Take a break I will call you when you need to do something. Arnold and Sarah. You check how the guard is doing. The ship is big. Dismissed" After everyone stood up Darius opened a comm to the room saying:"Joker you will want to see this" After saying that he put a picture on the comm screen.

[Image: gRr2jby.jpg]

Joker looked at the picture for some time. "Status!" he said with a serious voice. "Picture source unknown. By the picture I would say that star size is 2 or so. Ships are unknown like ours." Joker rose his brow up "Pictures from Earth?". Darius had a quick reply "Negative. Earth is only a myth. Also the sun in so called SOL shines more to the yellow and not white." Joker then crossed his arms. "Yousei. I want you to scan the whole damn image. Check everything that might give us a clue where is that coming from." Yousei started leaving to work on it already. "With the new AI i think it should be possible in a short amount of time." Everybody left to do something and Joker went to the bridge as the hyperspace jump was slowy starting to activate for its main destination of Omicron Minor.

Year 820 A.S. system Omicron Minor. (approx. 6 months after the meeting)

Joker walks into Darius's quarters. "I need you to create a poison." Darius looked at him in a way that would say "dude what?". "What kind of a poison? For what purpose and where is it going?" Darius leaned on his work desk. Joker put his hands behind his back and started walking around the room. "The Order has vials of some high quality poison that is used for torturing. We are going to swap it so it goes to our favor. What I want you to do is to make that poison decay over a span of one year of healthy life. Can you do it?" He asked after pointing his hand towards Darius. "You want a strong poison that is counterable by mostly anything, but is hellishly strong after put in a host. Yea I can make that and with Wild blood we can make it more fun." Darius cracked his knuckles ready to get to work. "No. No Wild blood. We need it for later. I want to see what can it do if drank or such." Joker replied while leaving the quarters. Darius replied: "Yea I will get it done. And you better give me my part of the pay!".

Meanwhile in the cargo bay where Zozen was located along with Ella who was fixing ships. "Come on Ella, just one dinner. I swear you wont regret it." It really looked like Zozen was trying to pull out some moves but he was miserably failing with other lesser crew members laughing at him. "Really Dozerua you can't prove anything to me. You already proved how strong and smart you are. But lets be honest with each other. You /can't/ kick my ass and you /can't/..." She hits the ship hull twice "... You can't make a good ship work. Wanna feel better. I say Yousei has more chance than you." she said with a smirk that can put any man on his knees. Zozen took one of the broken drones and threw it to Ella. "Fix this hotshot. I dare you" Zozen slowly backed away with his hands extended. Ella looked at him and it was clearly visible that she was annoyed. "I swear that I am going to brake your bones one day Z."

At the digital lab Alex and Yousei were chatting about things that are happening around the sector.
"So... Won any races lately? I do see your arrow leave here and there. Or you are going to some bad one night stands with naughty girls. You seem to be really happy every time you come back here" Yousei was sitting down and drinking his beer.
Alex sipped on his sidewinder "For your information I actually do something that might benefit us all. The Black Sunshine is the fastest arrow in the Omicrons. And I am still waiting for that damn Sunny to come up here so I can kick him out in the race." Alex felt fired up after saying that.
"Well... Just remember that there is at least one guy that will laugh his ass off after you lose to him" Yousei started to laugh already.
"Shut up man. It is not funny" Alex almost threw the glass at him for laughing.

The other 5 members were in Omicron Major shooting down nomads while finding a way to crack the barrier.
"So any ideas?" Tia asked after she shot down every nomad around her. "We /could/ ram it, but we all know how it would end." Daniel said as he laid back in his Guardian. "Good idea. You first Dan." Sarah called out to him sarcastically. "He just /might/ make nothing on it." Arnold said in a mockingly way while stretching in his Wraith. "Come on guys. He does not know about it." David leaned on his control panel. "Okay everybody shut up!" Tia said loudly." We need to find another Daam K'wosh artifact and I don't think we will find one anytime soon. Lets head back." Tia turned her ship around and lead the team out of the system. As they crossed the system in cloak mode they noticed several Core ships moving to the Omicron Major gate. "Goodbye fellas" Sarah said quietly. "Quite a big fleet. No?" David said while looking at several Threshers moving above them. "Holy Blade open docks 1,2,3,4 and 5 we are going to land." Tia while sighing and it could be heard that she was tired. "Tia, I am opening the docks now. After that head to the meeting room. Darius found something." They all heard Joker's voice on the comm. "Roger that Boss." They all slowly landed on the carrier and turned off their cloaks.

The meeting room was silent until Darius arrived there. "I see you were waiting for me. Let us begin." He turned up the comm picture to show what has he found. "There are 2 gates in Liberty. They are leading to 2 systems. One is a home for the wild That can influence Liberty and Bretonia directly. The other one seems to be somewhere in the center of the sector but I cant find it at all. We should determine its main axis and secondary axis to find it. That will take additional time." Darius sat down and Joker stood up."We are going to Rheinland this time. We need to see if we can make some research of that gate from there. You are all dismissed!" Everybody left for their posts. And the ship was preparing for moving.

[Image: usESan7.jpg]

This was the view of the jump from the bridge. Everybody was peacefully working on what they do the best. Tia came down to Darius's quarters. "What'ya doing?" She asked while looking around the room. "Nothing much. Trying to make this poison work like it should and I am doing really good work for now." Tia had an eye patch on her left eye so she could not rise her brow. "Give the poison to The Order so Core hates them more for poisoning their men and women, if they capture any." Darius set his hands down and sat on his bed. "That could work. I really don't care. They are hating each other because of I don't know what reasons. Lets give them something more to think about then. As long as they don't know we are having fun with them it is okay." Tia leaned on the table looking at him. "How much have you killed with your knives? You seem to really love them." Darius stood up looking at his coat. "They are my pride and joy. You would be too if you wanted to." He gives out a dumb smile. "Not happening knife boy. You are way out of my league." She starts walking out of the room. "Yea... And I do love watching people in the /eyes/." Darius said as he turned back to his table. "You will go to hell once Darius" Tia said before she left. "That I will...." He said to himself as he continued his work.

"So where is the best place to hide?" Joker asked Yousei who was sitting in the chair near him on the bridge. "50K below New Berlin is perfect. We should be undetectable and should have a nice range of scanning the whole system." Yousei said while drinking his beer. "Good. Set us there. Tell the crew where will we be. For damn sake Yousei I told you not to drink on the bridge!" Joker yells out at Yousei. "Yea yea, I am leaving" Yousei leaves for the bar. Several hours later they arrive at their destination and stand still for a while.
Year 820. A.S. System New Berlin (approx 3 weeks after arrival to New Berlin)

Joker opens the comm across the ship. "Darius and Zozen you are going to New Berlin and sniff around. See if you can find anything that might benefit us. And do take a drink in the bar, I heard that their beer is really good." Darius and Zozen made their way and met each other halfway there. "Hey Z. Whats up." Darius said without looking at him. "Nothing much. Heading for a beer on New Berlin. We might even find something there." Zozen took a cigarette out of his small box. "Keep saying that and I might start to believe it." Darius sat in his Sabre and Zozen made his way to his Talon. They left the Holy Blade and made their way up to the planet. "They finally left the ship after those 6 months. Status report everyone!" Joker said on the comm. Ella replied first "Hey Boss, Ella here. One of the engines is playing funny so we should wait for a bit more until I fix it." she got to work as soon as she finished her message. "The Wild are in good condition and we are still working on them." David said while picking on the body of the dead Wild member. "Okay. That is all I need for now" Joker said and closed the comm.

Meanwhile. Zozen and Darius landed on New Berlin and headed for the bar. "You find a seat while I go for a pit stop" Zozen said as he went for the toilet. Darius slowly made his way through the bar and he heard that someone was calling to him. "Looking for a seat Mister John?" two men sitting near each other with a strange artifact. "Come and sit here. We know you are looking for us." The man said with a smirk. Darius sits with them. "And how exactly do you know that?" he said as he leaned on the table. "My brother and I are gifted. And along with this little thingy we can see things others cannot." Zozen then arrives at their seat and sits next to them. "Oh, magic. Can I try it?" Zozen asked with excitement. The brother that did not speak pushed the artifact to him. "Concentrate and you will see." Zozen puts his hand around the artifact and he just sees a flash and nothing more. "Huh, it won't work for me." Zozen was really confused. "Anyway. Our leader is inviting you to our ship. He said he would like to talk to you." When Darius said that, half of the bar stood up, ready to kick those two out. Zozen and Darius stand up, as they knew they were not going out either way if they were not going to fight. "So what is it going to be guys? Fists, or guns?" Zozen asked nicely. After that, part of men went to take out their guns, but their whole arms were shot of. "Iridium slugs. They come in all sizes. And they can blast your damn arm off. Plus I am a quick draw. I just wonder why didn't I shoot your head off." While Zozen talked off, Darius disappeared. "Up here fellas. Right where I can see you all." He stood on the upper part of the bar and started throwing knifes at them. He did not throw to kill but to disable his enemies. "Do not kill them. They are stupid." Darius said as he walked to Zozen. "Well I already shot 3 arms off. I think they will die." Zozen holstered his guns. "Shall we?" Darius asked the two brothers that were still sitting down. "Let us be on our way" The brothers stood up and went with Zozen and Darius to their ships and onto the Holy Blade.

Meanwhile in the Docking bays, Yousei and Ella were fixing Joker's Sabre. "He bought it 2 months ago and we are already fixing it." Yousei was feeling annoyed because Joker already damaged his ship. "Well, he is Joker and he gets in fights you really don't want to get into alone." Ella was fixing the engine. "ATTENTION! DOCKING BAY 6 AND 8 ARE GOING TO OPEN. ALL PERSONEL STAND ASIDE" The AI said across the ship. "They are here. That was fast. Careful Ella. Zozen will fall in love with you again." Yousei started throwing jokes at Ella. "Shut up. If he does not know I am here it's fine. And stop joking like that! Want me to knock you down?" She could be barely heard because she was in the engine. "Everybody to the meeting room. We have guests" Joker was heard around the ship.

As the meeting started the two brothers were also in the room. "I want to know where did you get that thing and how did you get its power." Joker demanded the answer right as the meeting started. "This is one of the artifacts found on that distant planet before the first nomad war started. Its power is to read and see what might happen and read and see what is happening in this room." Darius fell beck in his chair "So if it can tell us what could happen with this carrier in some time, what would it be?". The silent brother closes his eyes and puts his hand on the artifact. Then his eyes turn purple and the artifact starts glowing. When it stopped the first brother replied "This ship will be destroyed. It will remain nothing of it. You and the rest of the crew will survive and will arise again." Zozen sat there confused. Ella started talking "What if we evacuate the ship right now?". "That answer cannot be found." Joker then stood up. "Lets research as much as we can and get ready to save all the data we find. Everybody get to your stations. Dismissed!" He then turned to the brothers. "I have an old ship. You can take it up to the planet. Consider it as a thanks from me." The brothers bowed and started walking to the docks. "The pleasure is all ours Mr. Ray Jericho." Joker started laughing and said his goodbye. "Darius what is the situation with your research?" Joker called to Darius. "We can move on. I have everything I could salvage." Joker gave the hyperspace order and they jumped out of the system.