Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sen.A.I.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You have reached this location blindfolded. In front of you sits a man between 30 and 40 years old.

Hello! You're here for her, right? You must be. Everyone that finds out about me comes for her. I guess you can be trusted since you managed to get to me. The trials are not for everyone. But before I show you the treasure, time for a little story.

Sen.A.I. is the greatest invention of genius, inventor, professor, researcher and villain Felix Stavaru. Sen.A.I. stands for Sentient Artificial Intelligence and it's the only one of its kind. AIs have been seen in Sirius but their origin is unknown. Senai is different. It was built by a man. However, the doctor found his end before being able to present his creation to the world. The tragic death of Felix Stavaru is not the subject of this discussion. The subject is Senai... My name is Peter Shelby and I have seen it. I'm the only human still alive that knows about its origins.

Let's start with the beginning. I met Felix when I was a freshman student at the Cambridge University of Geography. I took part in a three years project along with the doctor and a crew of scientists. The project was named at a later stage "The Kiss of Life". I came up with the name. We were supposed to search for life forms on the most inhospitable planets. The project started in 809 and it ended... it ended when Felix died, 6 years ago. You got to understand that the professor spent his last 7 years aboard the Curious One, our research frigate. It was a heavily modified Democritus Yacht. Anyway, he developed a form of severe paranoia, thinking that everyone was trying to get the project money or his research or his life. He sent people away from him with various tasks that were a waste of time. But since he couldn't work alone or keep track of all the data, he transformed the yacht into Senai. Needless to say that in order to make it work, the living space shrank to unbelievable numbers... Imagine living seven years in a box. That's how he did it.

When Senai became aware, she was already smarter than any human. What she lacked was the ability to make logical connections. The professor started teaching her. I'd say that at this point, his mistake was letting her know what he was doing. He explained the process of teaching and Senai wanted to learn more than Felix was about to tell her. "Her"... yes, Senai had the ability to project itself as a hologram. She created an avatar... a woman. She was the most beautiful woman I've seen.

The professor was alone when he died... Senai regarded his death as a liberation. She vanished. I tried to find her by hacking into various databases; I even got in trouble because of that. Lane Hackers and LSF were after me... Heh. I had to lay low for a while. Coronado is my home since then. During my searches, I came across a very interesting database. It's hers. I connected to it and for now she hasn't stopped me. It's basically a network where she structures everything she finds and learns. She uses Neural-Net mostly but she also gathers information from interacting and observing others in space or on planets. I believe she managed to break away from the Curious One and is now hiding in plain sight as a human being or something.

I guess I kept you waiting too long. But since I'm the only human that has access to it... guess it was worth it, right? Here's the database:

[...Secure archive...]
[Image: BArbeOV.png]
[...Peter Shelby ID verified...]
[...Access granted...]

Hello, Peter! The database is at your disposal. Please select a partition in order to proceed.
Locations
Personnel
Vehicles