Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Making snubs more appealing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Nope, 1 bomber would still do 4 times more damage on cap than VHF, I wouldn't call something with such abilities "absolutely useless"
(12-14-2015, 10:45 PM)Sanctions Wrote: [ -> ]As an option, bring back the originality of the House/Faction guns

Pretty much that.
Please?
(12-14-2015, 11:37 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, 1 bomber would still do 4 times more damage on cap than VHF, I wouldn't call something with such abilities "absolutely useless"
(12-14-2015, 11:25 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: [ -> ]something like nova, but with 2 times less damage.
From your words - you said 50% less, so if snac deals 130'000 - then this new gun would be 65'000. That is why I commented that then bombers would be useless cuz VHF are simply better in performance. And if they are given 65k weapon/razor...lol

, I really would like to see faction specific guns from vanila to be implemented (and ofc redesigned) for all caps and same for snubs. For example in vanila only RM had triple-turrets (probably strongests in their universe), while Bretonia had rail-type guns (current BR animation). More faction/House distinctiveness would be awesome addition.
(12-14-2015, 11:49 PM)FallenKnight Wrote: [ -> ] , I really would like to see faction specific guns from vanila to be implemented (and ofc redesigned) for all caps and same for snubs. For example in vanila only RM had triple-turrets (probably strongests in their universe), while Bretonia had rail-type guns (current BR animation). More faction/House distinctiveness would be awesome addition.

I've stopped caring about 'faction-specific' guns since it's as clear as an empty bottle of Pepsi that we'll never get that.
I just want different guns.
Because all of them are the same.
"Oh, but some have different speeds/refires!"
Yeah.
And there's a million of those with +2 or -2 damage to make them 'different'.
Gunboats need zoom removed, speed adjusted and weapons balanced. Lots of individual ships just need touch ups, hitbox fixes, turning speed adjusted, etc. Thats every category, not just snubs.
(12-14-2015, 11:49 PM)FallenKnight Wrote: [ -> ]From your words - you said 50% less, so if snac deals 130'000 - then this new gun would be 65'000. That is why I commented that then bombers would be useless cuz VHF are simply better in performance. And if they are given 65k weapon/razor...lol
Erm, I was talking about torpedo weaponry, and you're talking about projectile weaponry. Think not "buffed minirazor", but "buffed sunslayer".
Now, bomber can mount and fire simultaneously 2 Nova torpedoes, dealing 330k damage with 1 hit, fighter with "buffed sunslayer" would be able to deal 82k damage with one hit, in most cases at cost of having CD.
(12-14-2015, 11:25 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't read this thread.

Turn fighter torpedoes into really good anticap weaponry, something like nova, but with 2 times less damage.
Problem solved.

Could it be like a weaker version of the emp counterpart of the nova. Fighters could help the bombers/ friendly capitals to drop the shields, but brining the target down would still be mainly a job for the specialized craft (mobs of fighters on top of the shieldless cap notwithstanding).
Making snubs more popular?
Aren't you guys already balancing the whole game after them and focusing on all the whiney vanila-purists about ships costing 20 mil to set needing to be good against everything ever?

EDIT: Alright, alright. Let me at least fake being somewhat useful in this thread.

You know why I do not fly snubs? Because I hate dying instantly.
MRs, SNs, Razors, poorly used Nukes. Dying instantly is not fun in any game.

Imho the whole structure how ship HP is currently made is at fault for this. The smaller the ship is, the more it should have its focus shifted to armor, rather than shield. The bigger the ship becomes, the less armor should be the focus, instead using the extra space and power to make a shield-focused ship. I mean, we are using the same tech when it comes to armor to both fighters and battleships. Just because they are a few times larger than snubs, does not mean that all of that size is taken up by armor. Plating does not necesseraly become more protective. Not to justify a hitpoint pool a few hundred thousand times larger.

No, imho a BS should have roughly the same amount of HP as the current GB by default, but should transfer the current hitpoint excess into a slow-regenerating shield. Snubs, on the other hand, can get their hull boosted, but shield reduced to current LF levels. This would allow us to move away from instakill hull weapons such as the SN and razors, and instead force people to specialize a little. Obviously many weapons need to be adjusted for this.

I mean, worst case scenario, do these changes, host a test server and let people go in and frak around a little to see how it would work.
(12-15-2015, 07:15 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]host a test server and let people go in and frak around a little to see how it would work.

Pretty simple +1
VHF vs VHF fights are too long and most of time same thing again and again for half hour or more time , It gets boring
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10