Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Lane Hackers; Subj: Supplies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Incoming Transmission
Connection Established
Opening Message
Frederik Myleson

Dawson Base - Hudson System

Good day.
My name's Frederik. I will say my sorries for the speech I am about to make up front, but I thought you might want a bit of context for this message.

I am the current...well, I suppose I am the current ''caretaker'' for Dawson. Things are a bit shetty right now, but let me just start from the beginning. After the crap you guys dug up on the gates in Hudson three months back, things have gone straight to hell over here.

The big wigs almost instantly ordered a partial evacuation of the base, so all the high-profile stuff got hauled away to Texas and the idea was to leave the base with a skeleton crew until the situation unraveled. Something stupid happened though as the said crew decided that sitting here and being unsure of whether or not they would go pop was not the best idea, so the transports that were left behind for supply runs were loaded up with anything they could carry and the whole bunch fecked off to Bering. So basically what I am saying is that Dawson was more or less abandoned at that point. The big guys aren't in a hurry to bail us out of here either.

Sadly, as you might expect, not all of us have the resources and equipment to just high-tail out of here for greener pastures, so the only ones left here are mostly rookies who want to take a risk with the gates and enjoy a less patrolled space without the vet rogues driving them off. For the last month or so we have gathered up a small group to fulfill the duty of keeping this rock alive, but jumping civilian transports for basic supplies only gets you so far.

Already we see a notable increase in bounty hunters and other shet in the area, so this is something that is not going to last either. And we are almost completely out of spare parts to keep our scouts and raid parties afloat.

I..suppose the question is why are we contacting you with all of this. Call me paranoid, but I am not about to start screaming for the Junkers just so the selfish faks sell of the information on our current situation. Freelancers are out of the question for the same reasons.

I am hoping that the long enough standing between our two groups would at least allow you to consider helping us. If that is not the case - well, I suppose we are fracked more than already then.

If you do have the time for this, here is what we currently need:

*Black Market Munitions - 500 u
*Cardamine - 5 000 u
*Consumer Goods - 1 000 u
*Engine Components - 5 000 u
*H-Fuel - 2 000 u
*Scrap Metal - 1 500 u

* A few Fighter Class ships (2-4)
* At least two bomber class ships
* A freighter or two.

I am not completely sure we have enough when it comes to credits, but we have collected a sizable amount of equipment in the shape of prototype weapons, armor plating and even a few more interesting trinkets here and there. Would be nice to sell them off for the highest bidder, but we agreed that having the base continue to function would be a much more important thing right now. We also have a few captured ships if you are interested to use them or pull them apart for gear.

Anyway, we are open to other suggestions as well if those things do not sound that tempting. I hope to hear back from you, if you read this.
You help us with this and I along with these rookies won't forget it. That I can tell you.

...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: gvXcwug.png]

Hello Mr Myleson,

Name's Wolfgang Weisen, and I am a Deceiver of the Lane Hackers. I would like to inform the Rogues of Dawson that I had personally sent an emergency transmission to your base about the imminent dangers and suggesting evacuation. It is unsettling to see that six months later there has been no care to those brave who were left behind.

As your closest allies we will of course answer the call and organize the supplies relief mission. Though it's curious that you ask for so large amounts of cardamine, we didn't know that you ranks contain such a high number of cardamine users.

Oh and do not worry about monetary compensation. In exchange for our help we would only like to ask for three small things. (1) Any available intel regarding House naval movements into the Hudson system, (2) recon missions to the repair operation of the Hudson Jump Gate and (3) handing over to us the civilians that you have captured as they may possess valuable data regarding the repair operation.

You see, we are interested to know how the repair operation is developing, we are not completely convinced that the immediate danger to the system has passed yet. As a final note we would like to inform you that Bundschuh convoys intrude Dawson's immediate space quite frequently the last few weeks delivering supplies to goverment-controlled locations in Liberty core systems. They are easy and lucrative targets, and we already made some good money by extorting them.

Auf Wiedersehen.

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

Incoming Transmission
Connection Established
Opening Message
Frederik Myleson

Hey there.

I am glad to see that the transmission went through, it will be some good news for the rest of the folks here. I am grateful to see that a warning was sent, but six months ago I didn't think that I would be the caretaker for this rock. If anything, we were given a more or less decent heads-up by the folks who matter, but their explanation of the situation was so vague that most simply shrugged it off for the most part.
By the time things were starting to look grim it was a bit too late to evacuate everyone involved, so here we are.
As for the cardamine, it is to stock up. We do not get too many shipments of it ever since the Junkers in New Berlin have bumped up their prices, so usually the runners tend to pick out cheap munitions to bring here, rather than the stuff we need.
The large quantity was requested to ensure we do not run out. It almost never happens to bases closer to New York, but when it did at some point - oh boy. Not a pretty sight.

Your requests are more than doable. The peeps left behind seem to know their way around this place, or at least they know it well enough. Some are actually pretty good at fighting as well, if that is of any help. I will make sure they will get the better of the stuff you can bring us. The last few days were spent scavenging for potential replacements, but we were jumped by a group of bunters. The damage to our ships is a bit too much for us to patch up at this point, so in total right now we need at least eight ships, no matter what they are - as long as they are flight-worthy.

As for the Bundies, I personally never really saw them take any issues with us in particular. But I suppose at this point it is well past the moment where we can be picky what we jump for scrap. I will tell the guys to keep that in mind and to carry out these new tasks as soon as you get them their wings.

...Professor.Moriarty.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

Frederik Myleson:

Your ships will be delivered as soon as we are able to acquire them.

In addition to Deceiver Weisen's requirements, we wish your Rogues to obtain for us a catalog of Liberty vessels. My preference is for top shelf transports or capital ships as these are unlikely to become outdated through upgrades. One vessel's identification for each ship we provide to you.

Provide as follows:
Callsign | Affiliation | Ship Specs, incl. armor if applicable

For example:
Evil.Trade.Fiend | Ageira | Liberty Supertransport, Hvy Armor III

We look forward to many profitable ventures with the Dawson Rogues in the future.

[Image: Moriarty%20Signature_zpsfmvwknhc.png]

Incoming Transmission
Connection Established
Opening Message
Frederik Myleson

Noted, my boys and girls are awaiting their presents eagerly. I will append your requests to the mission list I already provided them with earlier today.

...Professor.Moriarty.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

Frederik Myleson:

Your ships have been delivered as requested.
I expect to hear the pleas and entreaties you extract from the villainous corporate multitudes throughout Liberty over our Spyglass Network in short order.

[Image: Moriarty%20Signature_zpsfmvwknhc.png]

Incoming Transmission
Connection Established
Opening Message
Frederik Myleson

Professor Moriarty.

I have never been more glad to see some hand-me-downs being unpacked in the docks, that's for sure. The ships you provided us have exceeded all hopes of the group and they are already splitting up their tasks and who gets what. I hope to hand you the first reports regarding our assigned missions later today, once they get out and into space again.

Thank you again.

...Deceiver.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: gvXcwug.png]

Hello again Mr Myleson,

We have completed the supply runs to Dawson and I hope you guys now have all the necessary tools to rebuild your strength and complete our small requests.

Here is the cargo manifest: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

Auf Wiedersehen.

Incoming Transmission
Connection Established
Opening Message

Frederik Myleson

Freeport 2 - Bering System

Greetings there.

I must apologize for the late report on our progress. I will not bore you with excuses, but rather will gladly provide the information we have achieved thus far. The shipment of supplies has also been confirmed (for quite a while ago now) and is being put to good use. I doubt that we will have any problems with supplying the base itself for the nearby future now that the overall situation in the Hudson system has been, supposedly, resolved.

On the subject of naval movements into the Hudson system.

There was a increased Naval presence within the system when they were conducting an operation to remove an illegally built outpost near Cold Bay. This gave one of our guys - Zeke, plenty of chance to not only observe them but also gather some scans regarding the equipment they used. I am attaching his report on it below. There you will also find a report regarding the Gate and its repair, albeit it is now outdated.

Regarding the capture of civilian pilots for interrogation.

We had quite a few encounters with civvie targets in the system, but only a few them we were able to capture for interrogation. Fiddick was most successful in that regard. You can find her report as an attachment as well. The captured pilot is on Dawson and waiting to be picked up or delivered by our own peeps.

As for the small database of ships, I am compiling it now. I am mostly filtering targets of interest.
Target CallsignClassAffiliationShip Specs
TruckerJoeSupertransportDSE - DATA CORRUPTED -
Sly.FoxSupertransportBowexNo Armor, Basic Alloy
Ageira~CarolineMed TransportAgeiraArmor Class H6, Light Arms
[*USI*]New.York[P]SupertransportUSIBase Hull, Mox
Piercing<Huber>Med MinerDSEBase Hull, Platinum Ore
KDS-YasumasaTakeda DestroyerKNFArmor Class H6
LNS-InsurgentArcher CruiserLNRazor Platform, Armor Class H8
IC|LimerickSupertransportInterspace - DATA CORRUPTED -
I$C|Gz3R3SupertransportInterspaceArmor Class L8, Helium
PetrovSupertransportInterspaceArmor Class H2, Helium

This should be the last of the updates regarding this particular subject. We are going to be expanding our operations a little now that Dawson is back on track. Hopefully we will see each other in space again.

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Impressive work Mr Myleson.

The information you have provided is being processed as we speak. As for the ship database, it was cross-checked with our scanner data. Apparently we already had extensive intel on half of the ships you listed, so we can confirm the accuracy and precision of your report. The only difference was the ship called "Sly.Fox" which was listed on our Network with freelancer papers, apparently it now works for Bretonian interests.

With the reactivation of the Hudson Jump Gate and the end of the war, traffic between the two Houses is starting to grow, something which is confirmed by our scanners' data. In addition, due to Rheinland's dire economic state, Bering's gate remains unrepaired, a fact which further enhances Dawson's strategic position. Subsequently I am very confident about your group's future and I can assure you that the Lane Hackers will be a close ally in your endeavours.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...