Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Leaf.on.the.Wind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: YemzL6G.png]

[+]=======

To: Leaf.on.the.Wind
Subject: You're an idiot
Encryption: [Absolute]

"Idle hands are a dangerous thing" -- Or so they say, and "idle hands" sure befit a captain and crew such as yours. I had the wonderful misfortune of hearing about your recent blunders and inability to maintain the Maltese border-- or even Maltese core space today regarding a number of Coalition ships.

Let me make it clear now: Any who are found to be helping or assisting the Coalition within Maltese space in any way will be considered enemies of the Nacione and subject to immediate termination. Surrender of your vessel would be a preferable alternative-- but given the blatant dishonor you have bestowed upon it, I struggle to think of a single Crusader, Naval crewman or Famiglia member that would wish themselves to even be aboard it's sullied frame.

I'll be monitoring you, rather closely in fact, for any such future occurrences of blatant betrayal. If I catch wind of this occurring again, you will be fired upon just as well as the Coalition.

Do not test my resolve.

[Image: rs1UZTi.png]

Incomming transmission:

To: Inquisitor Espinosa
Subject: Idiot. But with good heart.
Encryption: [Absolute]

You may heard story about me letting the Coalitionists to come to Alpha and to letting them go. This is true only partially: I let them go. I was not the one to let them in. Maybe the authorities, Crimson Cross and Ghosts of Razgriz, should watch our borders more closely. Noone gave a damn about those two ships in our home space. So i was the only one to encounter them. They neither seemed to be hostile nor actively attacked me or someone else. They didn't even tried to spread their propaganda! They claimed they want to see Hispania, ship which brought their ancestors to Sirius. Now, i had this choice: to kill some human being or not. I decided not to do so. If there were some authorities, Crimson Cross or 101st, i would listen to them. But there was neither. Even something common as KoS order was missing in my ship database. I know, things in Maltese Nation are still kinda messy after civil war but if I don't know exact attitude towards someone, I can only be lead by my conscience. And i am fully aware that we were in the war, more or less, and i myself fought against coalitionsts. But it was always group known as sirius coalition revolutionary army, i know where is my and their place. (Also, i am eyewitness of certain SCRA agents been questioned in front of Malta! by 101st Ghosts and then let them to go. This was long before Crimson Cross got into power but still it shows i am not the only one confused.) However, this was different group, maybe not so hostile to us, maybe not so fanatic. I don't know. I DIDN'T know! So this moral dilemma, to take a life or not, i've been dealing with when senor Nomak arrived. At that point were the intruders already leaving. And i followed them, making sure they stand for their word and don't harm anyone. Senor Nomak ask me to use my cruise disruptor and i didnt. That was the point when i decided not to kill. I knew senor Nomak wouldn't hesitate. He seemed pretty upset about my action, respectively non-action. I can't blame him, he is very loyal to Maltese people and the fact that he reported my behaviour is only demonstrating that he is a true friend of our people. He did what he thought is right; and so did I. No matter how friendly or loyal, he is not in position to give me orders so it was still my choice. And you already know how i chose.

This may seem as a betrayal of Maltese Nacion or even like a collaboration with communism but there are always two sides of a tale. From my perspective I was the only one who kept them from doing any harm to our people (if they had any intentions to do something evil). I made sure they didnt get somewhere near our bases or Malta itself to spy, or damage or steal or kill or anything else. And even though senor Nomak is loyal and all, it was not him but me and my crew who chased them out of our territory to assure they won't do any harm.

So in the end i did not betray our people, i definately didn't break any law (if there are any left in this mess) and i did what i considered right at that moment. It may have been mistake and i may regret it terribly in the future. Can't know now. I can only promise this: if i get clear order i will fulfill it without questioning, blindly, happy to not have to solve any moral dilemmas or worse. But if i will stand alone against problem which is complicated and in no way clear, well, i will use my conscience to solve them. As it's only thing I have.

Yours Luigi Vercotti, idiotic captain