Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dreams on the Run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recovered Entry Wrote:
ENTRY #1
11-10-822, New Tokyo, Kusari

[Image: gSYh2fI.png?1]

New Tokyo... It sure is nothing like Cambridge or Crete. So many people, so many skyscrapers. I feel like a child that sees sea for the first time. Though, to think of it, I am such a child. Tasting normal, calm life for the first time... I still feel weird while sleeping on an actual bed or eating anything more fancy than rationed food from a can. At least my ship is familiar. A bucket of rust and second-hand spare parts that's more reliable than anything. But I don't regret my decision nevertheless. I feel some kind of... relief? Nothing I've done before felt like that. I mean, I thought I as doing the right thing, but... Something was always off. Not right. And now... Now it feels that this single fresh start did more good than all the strikes I comitted, all the killing...

Silence fills the next minute of the recording.

Killing... So many lives... I can't even count them anymore. Tens? Hundreds? Over a thousand? So many... So many families broken, divided and deprived of their loved ones just because I wanted to change something in the name of a damn "ideal"! How, how the hell could I be so stupid. Now I can't even openly talk with my own mom without getting shot on sight... Thank Goddess Vaelin cracked something in me... Something that made me change. I owe him my life, even. It won't bring all those people back, though. I still hear them sometimes, their accusations...

Another moment of silence.

Oh, come on, Flora. You can't think about this all the time. It's done, it wont unhappen or something... Won't bring them back... Urgh, I'm starting again. Anyway, that reminds me. It's been almost a year. I wonder if Vae still remembers me. I hope he found his daughter... I wish I could meet him one day. Maybe just to say "thank you". Or a chat, even. I wonder if it's not asking for too much. It better not be...

END OF ENTRY