Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Agent "Kronos"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: hleth6y.gif]
COMM ID: Commander, Siege Cruiser "Presque Isle"
TARGET ID: Agent ID "KRONOS", max-sec (trace aborted automatically).
SUBJ: Developing events.

Agent. This message is an update on what we've uncovered so far. Everything I am about to tell you is for your eyes only, up to and including other LSF personnel and officers. Recent events have proven that we don't know who we can trust.

It turns out that our initial suspicions were correct - subjects were indeed one step ahead of us the whole time, for two very different reasons. Analysis of the logs indicate that subjects let slip they have a secondary means of communication between one another. Given the Nomad connection this can only mean one thing, though I nor my analysts here on the Isle have any idea how such a thing is even possible between humans and Nomads without infestation, something which history has shown would be immediately obvious considering the high concentration of advanced morphs and our location at the time of encounter. Bioscans of the pilots will be needed to confirm this when we next encounter subjects.

Moving on. The other reason that they were ahead of us is that they were being fed information that we wished to detain them for debrief. Remember during the beginning of the chase that we had transient contact with both subjects? Without any direct contact from us they somehow learned that our objectives had changed, and then made their escape with up-to-the-minute information on where we were and thus where they needed to go to escape us. The only people that did know of that were with us in the secure comms we used for our search.

That leaves us with two suspects, since the Harmony was not used for actual pursuit nor was it used for command and control, thus any informants aboard could not have given subjects the information they would have needed to escape us as effectively as they did. Request that you detain and question either/both suspects if you encounter them before I do, and relay the results to me as soon as you can so we minimize the chance of tipping off subjects by showing too much interest.

I have sent a message to the freelancer that was with subjects at the time of encounter, with instructions to meet at California Minor within the next two days at a time to be set by her. A followup communication will advise you of the time as soon as it is decided. As we discussed she is our last solid lead barring further developments, though another freelancer by the name of "Luka" may also have contacted subjects again after another few days pass. Request that you do not approach or interact with "Luka" in any way beyond standard greetings unless our meet with the other freelancer has failed.

Direct any questions or findings directly to the Isle herself - as I am sending this message the ship is being outfitted with a state of the art communications and sensory array for this mission and will, among other things, be able to serve as a direct medium-range net relay for further operations.

Your assistance will be crucial in the coming days to unraveling this mystery. Transmission ends.

[Image: 6tGewOB.gif]