Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Interspace Commerce; Cc: Red Star Exports -|- Subject: Formal warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RFPHeader1.png]

[Image: Laura_Clausewitz.jpg]

PRIORITY: High
ENCRYPTION: High
IDENTIFICATION: Inspekteur Laura Clausewitz
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Formal warning for transportation of illicit cargo

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter representative of Interspace Commerce. My name is Laura Clausewitz and I´m Inspekteur der Polizei of the Rheinland Federal Polizei. I´m contacting you regarding the contract for Red Star Exports for delivery of certain commodities for their newly constructed modular base named Waldenbuch Shipping Facility.

The base was permitted by the administrative department, but when the paperwork was submitted to me for final confirmation, I found out there a problem which administrative department overlooked. The CEO of Red Star Exports, Herr Thalman, stated in the registration form under the existing trade agreements contract with Interspace Commerce for delivery of Robotic Hardware, Industrial Hardware, Magnetic Superconductors and Fusion Diodes.

And this is quite a problem because by Rheinland laws, Interspace Commerce is not allowed to transport any of these commodities. Let me remind you relevant part of laws hier:

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT

Unfortunately, it seems from the contract channel, which we got access to, that the delivery of all ordered materials is finished at this moment and thus the laws were broken by Interspace Commerce already. However, I decided that this offense will be solved only by issuing formal warning this time and polizei will waive from issuing fine, because responsible officer from the polizei administrative department should have give notice about this problem beforehand because she had enough information about the contract to notice it is against law. Thus she is partially guilty too in this situation and rest assured she will be punished accordingly.

But back to main point of this message, which is to remind Interspace Commerce to make sure that your captains and managers know which cargo your ships can transport in Rheinland legally and which not.

Next time, situation like this may result in issuing fines amounting to millions or even tens of milions of credits. I guess this is something your corporation wants to avoid.

[Image: RFPFooter1.png]
END OF THE MESSAGE
[Image: 4TAkfk5.png]

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter Frau Clausewitz.

My name is Matthias D. Falkenrath and I will represent Interspace Commerce in this transmission. After consulting with our top lawyers I would like to underline some facts which you might not be aware of.

Firstly however, I would like to thank you deeply for this message, Inspekteur. I have immediately sent an internal memo to our Shipping Division to halt any further shipping of most commodities in Rheinland until this mess gets sorted out.

Back in late August, Interspace Commerce engaged in negotiations with the new government of our House and reached a deal which lifted most of the cargo restrictions that our transports faced. This deal was announced in public with our joint statement. So normally our Shipping Division significantly stepped up its operations in Rheinland now that the legal obstructions were a thing of the past. However three months later it seems that Rheinland laws were abnormally the same as before the agreement. My lawyers would like to ask you to conduct a formal investigation about whether there was any sort of malicious law change the past few months. If your investigation does not produce any results, then I will have to inform my CEO and contact the Chancellor and her cabinet once again.

Of course it should be mentioned that I would like to avoid this serious complication.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
- Matthias D. Falkenrath

[Interspace Commerce reserves all the rights of this message. Any form of misinterpretation, malicious reference or unauthorized copy is punishable by law and Interspace Commerce may exercise its right to forward this case into a court of law.]

SUBJECT: Re: Formal warning for transportation of illicit cargo

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter direktor Falkenrath.

I am aware of the recent events regarding negotiations between Rheinland government and Interspace Commerce. After all, it was polizei who took administration of the Bonn Station after your corporation was evicted from Rheinland, and we are already making preparations to leave it again due to deal you made because station will be returned to Interspace. Thus I tried to be informed about negotiations as best as possible.

However, it seems some misunderstanding have happened, because I´m not sure what lifting of cargo restrictions you mean. One big lifting was made already more than year ago after your predecessors and previous kanzler negotiated on the summit on planet Baden Baden. The result are laws in its current form. Apart from this, only change which happened last year and was related to trade regulations was creation of restricted cargo category which was made few weeks ago.

Now, I might be wrong, but as far as I know, no further restrictions lifting is discussed in the Bundestag at the moment for Interspace Commerce, because your negotiations with our new kanzlerin in August were connected to return of Bonn Station under administration of Interspace Commerce.

But even if there are any changes discussed in Bundestag, official laws always apply and are enforced until they are officially changed. Employees of Interspace Commerce can easily check current version of them on NeuralNet, either in collection of house laws or on information page in Rheinland Government Channel. I recommend to plan your operations according to updated current text of them, instead of basing your cargo shipping on some assumptions. Also you can of course send inquiry to us if something is not clear.

I hope you understand that polizei can not stop enforcing some current valid laws even in case some change is planned or discussed. And it should not be any surprise for you that it takes some time until any law changes are processed, approved and published.

END OF THE MESSAGE
<<-Incoming Transmission->>

[img float=left]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-12940,_Ernst_Thälmann_(scrap).jpg[/img]

To: Inspekteur Laura Clausewitz
Subject: Re: Formal Warning

Guten Tag Dear Inspekteur,

Thanks for making us aware of embargo regulations.But there is one point I want to make clear;

The said goods -except Magnetic Superconductors- are all manufactured in Rheinland on either Republican or Kruger facilities.All we did was borrowing transports from our friends in Interspace Commerce as we can't afford that amount of shipping by ourselves yet.Also Interspace Commerce is a Trans-Sirius corporation and shouldn't be classified as "Libertonian".
I am fairly sure regulations disallow the transportation through Hamburg borders, however we bought our commodities from Hamburg and Frankfurt systems.
I'd love to hear an allowance for Interspace to carry goods within Rheinland borders.This would help the regain of billions of credits lost during war, and will help us to be a major shipping force in Southern Rheinland and Omegas.

Danke for your attention.
Franz Thalmann, CEO Red Star Exports

<<-Transmission Terminated->>

SUBJECT: Re: Re: Formal Warning

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter CEO Thalmann.

First, let me remind you something. Polizei is not making laws, our job is only enforcing them. And it is really not possible that we will decide on our own to not enforce some of them just because we feel it would be more suitable. It does not work this way.

Thus the fact that ships of Interspace Commerce were just hired to transport materials from one place in Rheinland to another does not matter. Laws are clear about which cargo Interspace can transport in whole Rheinland territory and which not. It is not connected to trade embargo on the border with Liberty in any way.

You can read it in laws yourself, I even marked the most important parts of text:

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT

Basically until laws will be changed - and this is job of politicians sitting in Bundestag, not ours, we can affect it in very limited way - we can not act different. If you don´t like Interspace Commerce being labelled as Libertonian company, and their trading restrictions, talk to government representatives, not us.

END OF THE MESSAGE