Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Making Missiles More Useful as Equipment | An Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Currently missiles work the same way as guns do in damage but also can track with a chance of hitting the target. Their counter is to dodge or to use CMs.
This is pretty simple but I was thinking a possible more defined use for missiles:

-Ships would get 5-12 missiles
-Missiles would now ignore shields
-Missiles would not be able to do direct damage to the hull but can damage and disable guns and equipment from ships.

Currently Missiles can already kinda do this. The shields need to be down and the option needs to be put to have the tracker pinpointing which turret is targeted.
But if you think about it logically, missiles are a physical object that can pass through shields. To make this system not OP I have reduced the number of missiles and stated they cannot attack hull anymore. This makes it so that only torpedoes can attack hull as well as guns. Missiles on the other hand cannot and would serve to disable the target instead.
No .
(01-15-2016, 04:42 PM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]No.

[Image: 006788-3d-transparent-glass-icon-arrows-...ter-up.png]
Why not?
(01-15-2016, 04:42 PM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]No .
+1

Missiles as they are now are fine.
Definitely no.
(01-15-2016, 04:45 PM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ]
+1

Missiles as they are now are fine.

I wouldn't go this far but the changes suggested make absolutely 0 sense from a gameplay perspective.

in short:
Firstly, what the heck do you mean "disabling" equipment? does it literally shoot down equipment? If so then its overpowered, combined with the ability to penetrate shields.

Missiles are fine as they are, sure they could be spiced up with new ideas, but this is just dumb.
i wouldn't go so far as "dumb" but it is an interested tactic to think about at least
(01-15-2016, 04:36 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]-Ships would get 5-12 missiles
Ugh, fine, as long as they either do more damage or have a higher chance of hitting.
How often are cap missiles used by strong pvp pilots?

(01-15-2016, 04:36 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]-Missiles would now ignore shields
*quotes bison*

(01-15-2016, 04:36 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]-Missiles would not be able to do direct damage to the hull but can damage and disable guns and equipment from ships.
Can you go into more detail on this?
Pages: 1 2 3