Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Infopage] Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(05-17-2018, 08:42 PM)Office of National Security Wrote: [ -> ]
So this is how you handle feedback, I explain what bothers me about your faction's behavior and all you do is say "No one I know is interested in playing with you anymore" and that you didn't even read the feedback. How great. Just because nobody but me dares to speak out against you doesn't mean everyone else never has a complaint. You should see what I read about you from time to time, I'm merely presenting what bothers me, not even in an aggressive manner, all you do is become personal.

Explain how any RP that was brought to you is tedious so far, give examples. I don't lag in pvp unless the server lags, I always have 0%, and it is also unrelated to the feedback you received. I didn't say a word about your actual fighting, just your outnumbering.

How is it right to not roleplay with someone who is 6k away from the Freeport? It is a neutral station to the LSF ID. Why does a base of you anywhere instantly mean that no RP should be done near it? Nobody asks for a tea party near the Freeport, that is not what was stated. What would be appreciable would be simply more than there is now.

Also, the text is now in white.

Don't inject your own personal RL issues into discovery, trust me, it's bad. We all do it, but it's how sanctions happen.

The LSF neutrality is either a bug or it's there to facilitate LSF doing sneaky stuff on Pirate bases. If Harmony catches you, they've caught you; you're no longer being a sneaky spy but rather James Bond in an action sequence.

Harmony is usually very aggressive in response to Liberty lawfuls as what generally goes down is one Lawful hits their respective E-chat and then there's suddenly 15 dreadnoughts in Bering. Harmony won't do things like engaging fighters with capital ships, so you can rely on fighter combat if you yourself is in one.

Sometimes RP misunderstandings happen. A couple of days ago I lost my crud because an AI cruiser opened fire on my AI, when I fired back the people I was grouped with shot me. That looks terrible from my perspective alone, but what was going on was that the AI was part of a different neural intelligence commune, the people I were grouped with were enforcing what was their InRP local engagement rights. I still don't agree with the situation but flying off the handle just made people think I'm a bit of an A-hole.

This kind of subjectivity dispute where it's difficult to prove wrongdoing is the kind where it's tough to decipher. I get where you're coming from, but if you're annoyed with how Harmony dealt with it, the best way is to suggest alternative courses of action.

What could Harmony and ONS have done better to make the encounter fun for both parties? I'm trying to get into this habit myself when offering feedback. It's good for the soul and probably the heart, too.
There is no RL issue with this, I don't know where you take that from. This antagonization of negative feedback should stop, I am not even mad or anything, we are disappointed and I am here to state why. I have described what I dislike and I asked to receive details about why Skorak's opinion on my RP is tedious and why Marshal Station is the way I described it. I even offered communication to enhance the situation. What I receive is Skorak telling me nobody wants to interact with me and that he cannot handle my feedback because of the font color which is now changed. I know you want to defend Harmony as you are allied but this is not directed to you and it is also no slander, so I don't get why it is being treated as such. Until now, Skorak has done his best to avoid specifically asked questions about Harmony's activities, the last time and this time.
(05-17-2018, 10:38 PM)Office of National Security Wrote: [ -> ]
There is no RL issue with this, I don't know where you take that from. This antagonization of negative feedback should stop, I am not even mad or anything, we are disappointed and I am here to state why. I have described what I dislike and I asked to receive details about why Skorak's opinion on my RP is tedious and why Marshal Station is the way I described it. I even offered communication to enhance the situation. What I receive is Skorak telling me nobody wants to interact with me and that he cannot handle my feedback because of the font color which is now changed. I know you want to defend Harmony as you are allied but this is not directed to you and it is also no slander, so I don't get why it is being treated as such. Until now, Skorak has done his best to avoid specifically asked questions about Harmony's activities, the last time and this time.

Ohh, I misunderstood the "this is how you handle feedback". Usually that line isn't used productively. I've seen some RL issues from Liberty and vice-versa; sometimes comes with the territory when there's such a high-octane environment as Bering. My message was that I doubt Skorak is intentionally blocking you out, it just might seem that way because you're annoyed with the gameplay situation. Skorak is usually pretty good with feedback.

I totally admit my bias. I toothink Skorak should offer some context to calling your RP "tedious"; that sucks. From what I've seen ONS does good RP. I suppose the difference is between the RP that Marshall has been establishing and what Marshall is displaying ingame, which is causing this confusion. The 6th feedback is discussing it similarly.
It's no problem, Tanith but I really cannot agree with your statement about Skorak handling feedback well. I have addressed Harmony twice now and both times Skorak has knowingly dodged my feedback, last time with this:

(03-20-2018, 07:42 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Not interested in either of your suggestions. You can stop posting now.

And now with simple ignoring. If he wasn't intentionally blocking me out he would have replied to the raised questions and the statement you have already addressed about. Then there is the denial of interaction with 5th and 6th by encouraging outnumbering, which was criticized long ago as well, if you read through the posts in this thread, I wonder if you still consider this a good way to handle feedback. Thanks for the comment on the ONS RP, though, very nice to hear Smile
Regarding the PoB:

That is what anyone can do, and Skorak is the first to have done it. Marshal Station was/is a Core 5 PoB. You can do a lot of things with those PoBs at this point. One being the removal of FOW consumption via SRP. Another being model changes, either with 5000 Sci-Data, per Faction Perk Request or even SRP. Marshal Station is probably the first, but definitely not the last station to undergo optical changes. From what I understand, the NPC station was a Faction Perk, and to be perfectly honest, a pretty legal one since Harmony has done so much RP, so much activity ingame, they can have it. And anyone is able to place a PoB at an NPC Station, and change the model. I know it is easy to accuse admins of bias, but this is something anyone can do, and it is honestly no surprise that someone who has to know the rules of SRP, Faction Perks and such, makes use of those underdogs of offered features from greens and yellows.

That being said, envy because of the appearance of the station and how well it was integrated will not get anyone anywhere here. There is no need to forcefully rant about nicely designed things on the server, even if they are player-made.
What's the point of "forced neutral" POBs if every time there's an engagement Harmony and UN ships use the bases as protection and hug them, baiting hostiles to hit it and get shot by 10+ Cerberuses? The concept of Harmony having the most heavily defended territory blocking an activity hub is bad both inRP and ooRP. I thought we were getting rid of guard systems, not encouraging the creation of such, especially somewhere as active as Bering recently. A pirate Freeport with 2 small factions in UN and H shouldn't be the most heavily defended place in Sirius.

There are 2 ways to fix it:
1. Move the POBs 5-10k away from the Freeport, so they don't block the whole area around the Freeport and the lanes.
2. Remove forced friendly status on all ships, including your own. While it doesn't make too much sense it's a good sportsmanship move to not encourage perma hugging the POBs, which happens pretty much every fight.

I'm sure you don't want the faction to end up being a circlejerk fest of friendly ships and no interest from anyone hostile to interact with you, which is unfortunately the direction it seems it's going at in Bering. Considering it's getting worse over time, the last thing you want to do is getting hated so much that people get tired and declare on your POBs, bringing 20+ battleships, which will happen eventually if nothing changes.

The encounter overall was good. Encounters in Texas and anywhere away from the POBs are fine, but the POBs bring the worst in people which is why it needs a change for everyone's sake.
Every fight I was in since the last time this was discussed has been had away from the junction. I encourage staying away from the pobs but I won't complain if a ganked ship moves there to escape.

If it would be preferred I could note down the coordinates of Bristol's platforms and move all of them into the pob or Freeport. So they can be fanned out should it actually be sieged.
(06-11-2018, 09:31 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]should it actually be sieged.

But It cant be... Its neutral to all the lawfuls.
It wasn't a gank, and a gank is the only situation where I see the POB hugging as an acceptable counter reaction. The problem is the potential of doing it in every fight, regardless of how balanced it is (like this one). Moving the platforms away would help a lot, yeah, especially considering you have enough time to set them up if a siege does happen. That's an even better solution, but I'd leave a platform or two in case a gank does happen. Still, PvP ships being fully friendly enables them to not care about hitting the POB or CDing while drawing everyone to it, even if it has 1-2 platforms. I've mixed feelings about it, but it's a step in the right direction for sure.
Singular platforms don't do much against cap ganks actually. Saw that when it didn't have so many platforms yet. Now it's easily noticeable because all are in range and you get hammered by like 7 at once if you're close to the pob.

I feel like the best way of course would be to just not fight there. I know quite a few Sep players are just a bit discouraged of moving away from there since they always get ganked.

I just don't really know how to fix that issue. Sure I can tell them to fight there less but if the result is constant ganking that's going to be tough.

More than willing to find solutions though and to improve combat fun for both sides.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22