Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Wrench Wench
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: THkStpa.png]
_
_

To:............... Wrench Wench, Dawson Wing
Source:...... Ames Research Station, Kepler

Subject:..... Ship work.

_
_

Ji is standing in a large hall, presumably a hangar on Ames. He's holding the PAD in his left hand and a cigarette in his right.

Hey there, lass.

So I got a really nice deal here... Some Zoner guy agreed to sell me his beat up Eagle in exchange for this Sunrider I've been flying up until now and some credits. Happens I have some leftover and the Eagle seems real nice.

He inhales the cigarette and continues.

Right, y'see, the Breaking News hasn't really got that power core to support all the electronics I need. It's got enough juice, but it's noisy, heats up to hellish temperatures and god knows what else - last thing I'd want is all this rig to get an electric discharge. That Eagle on the other hand... With enough TLC it could be brought to some usable condition. It's the good old CTE so it can probably do with literally anything we have available on Dawson.

He rubs his chin.

I'll probably call Fred to help me tow this thing home, but I'm gonna need someone to do all the work so that this thing even flies. You will of course earn my undying gratitude.

He chuckles and reaches to the PAD.

Tell me what you think. And for once, try to speak English.

Cheers.
_
_
[img float=left]http://i.imgur.com/v82TZV1.jpg?1[/img]

Incoming Transmission
Connection Established
Opening Message
ZoƩ "Wrench Wench" Blackburn

Dawson Base - Hudson System

You slay me, Jigs. I can fix literally anything on this bolthole even when zozzled. Heck, if ye'd give me some time I could even try to rewire ol' Phil's head. Might do'im some good, don'tcha think?

Anyway, back on it. Sure I can fix yer tub. Could use some more spare parts though, o'erheating and discharges sound like there's something fishy with energy distribution, tho t'finger out what I'd have to see it. Meaning if ye bring that thing to mah hangar, tow it. Do. Not. Touch. The. Controls. Got me? Don't wanna have ye blowing up in space, 't least not until ye've spotted me some clams for that job. Oh, and I'd take reefers as payment as well, one for each day it'll take me to fix it up.

Now 'scuse me, I'll have to see a man 'bout a dog.

Oh, and tell Freddo that this Breacon doll wants to get us some supplies. Told'er to use the storage on Buffalo.

[Image: THkStpa.png]
_
_

To:............... Wrench Wench, Frederik Myelson
Source:...... Ames Research Station, Kepler

Subject:..... Re: Ship work.

_
_

Right then, I guess we have a deal.

He taps his PAD a few times and conitnues.

I'm patching this Fred to this conversation, he's the one with a transport. I hope nobody's gonna try anything stupid on the way, we'll keep a low profile though.

He taps the PAD a few more times.

'Ey, Fred. We got a number here that's gonna require some help. Read up a few lines backwards and you'll know what we're on about. If you get your arse to Kepler soon enough we might even not raise suspicions.

Have fun.
_
_

Incoming Transmission
Connection Established
Opening Message

Frederik Myleson

Ames Research Station - Kepler System

For a kid that likes to act smart, you sure have a short memory, Ji. I am right here on Ames, seeing as though we finished our last patrol here.
I am currently busy with a few things at the Bar, but I will meet up with you in person in a hour or so. I will take a glance at the whole deal once I get the chance. If you can't wait, come find me, I am at the Job Board, meeting a few new friends.