Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Ingenuus Research Group | From: Dr. James Erzie | Encryption: Medium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]
[ORIGIN LOCATION: OMICRON 100]
[DECRYPTION COMPLETE]

Ingenuus Research Group,
It has recently been brought to my attention that your group may have the expertise in Nomad technology that I require. Operative Lennox and myself, of the Order, would like to contract your skills in preparation for a research endeavor that may bring us crucial results. Lennox has likely already made his request for a Nomad Power Cell containment device; but if he has not, I would request that along with my own list of requests, that his need is also considered. I'm currently working on a gravitation singularity device that is adapted off of my vessel's energy singularity cannon, and I wish to complete that project as well as make it able to be reconstructed into a long-range signal amplifier. This project alone is beyond my personal capabilities to manufacture, but not beyond my ability to design. I will provide schematics, as well as adaptations for material variance. The Order will compensate you for any work you accomplish on this operation, to which I am the spearhead. I can specify operation execution plans in a more secure channel, but for now, please contact either the Order or myself aboard the "Talendar" if you wish to do business.
Erzie Out.

[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]
[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 1 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Finn McCool :-_-_-_-_-

Good day Dr. Erzie -

A pleasure t' meet you. My name is Finn McCool, head of the Ingenuus Research Group. You must have a knack for timing, as this is the first I've even looked at holo messages for months now, due t' projects demanding my full attention.

T' the matter at hand - I'm surprised the Order themselves don't have the capabilities t' handle such a request, given the order's own interest and research into Nomad tech. Perhaps this is a project you wish t' not be tied t' the main Order research teams? Regardless, while I am a bit skeptical, I won't shy away from discussing your exact needs as well as how the IRG may be able to help you - confidentially of course.

Am I t' understand that you in fact have in your possession a power cell, and are without proper containment units t' handle such cell? Regarding your Singularity cannon, am I correct in that you are wanting to reconstitute it to be a signal amplifier? Or are you wanting t' create a amplifier based off of the designs from your cannon? Apologies if I am repeating your request, but I'm am seeking a better understanding of what exactly you are wanting.

Should you wish to discuss specifics in a more discrete and private environment, then send me your coordinates and we will find a neutral ground t' discuss further.

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group
[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]
[ORIGIN LOCATION: OMICRON MU]
[DECRYPTION COMPLETE]

Finn McCool, please meet me at sector 6-Bravo of Omcrion Delta at your earliest convenience; My private comms will be open.

[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]

Good morning Dr. Erzie -

I have confirmed receipt of your comm, and will be departing shortly. I will be bringing with me one of our chief scientists and executives of IRG for our meeting.

I will send a short burst signal informing you of our arrival.

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group

Greetings Dr. Erzie -

Apologies again for my quick departure. I trust you were able t' get acquainted with Rachel as well as our organization.

Regarding our discussion, we have discussed details related t' the project, and have ascertained the materials needed.

Once you have the materials required, please make your delivery t' our Omicron base, Sparta Station. The administrator there has been informed, and will have docking bay 3 reserved for unloading of all cargo. Please send receipts of delivery, timestamped, over this comm channel.

As soon as all the materials have been delivered, we will begin work on constructing the unit and conducting internal tests. Once completed, we will send you a final invoice and upon receiving payment, will deliver the unit.

Good day, and thank you for choosing the IRG for your needs.

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group
[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]
[ORIGIN LOCATION: CORONADO]
[ENCRYPTION LEVEL: HIGH]
[DECRYPTION COMPLETE]
[BEGINNING TRANSMISSION]
Greetings Finn McCool,
My name is Viktoria, and I received a transmission from a client hired by Dr. Erzie, claiming a shipment order was completed.
I personally had no recollection of the event, as it was before I had command of this vessel.
From the transmission logs, it's clear what deal you and the Doctor had, and I still wish to finish this project.
Dr. Erzie's contact gave us required evidence for this completion, and your supplies are now on board Sparta Station.
You will find the log here.
[END OF TRANSMISSION]

-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 2 :-_-_-_-_-

Good evening Miss -

I must say this is rather unorthodox. Haven't not heard from Dr. Erzie for some time, and then receiving a comm from an unknown party is... alarming.

Before we proceed any further, I will need proof of who you are, and that what you claim is valid. Unfortunately, access t' this comm and proof of delivery do not qualify.

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group
[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]
[DECRYPTION COMPLETE]
[BEGINNING TRANSMISSION]
I understand such an otherworldly event would spark doubt. Under his own protocols, Dr. James Erzie has been put into emergency stasis in relation to a Nomadic event. He is still safe aboard the Talandar, which is currently stationed at Barrier Gate Station, Coronado. If you need proof of identity, I have little to offer, as my organic self died in 776 A.S. However, 3 years before my death, I was recreated as an Artificial Intellegence. I was offline for the last 47 years, until I was reactivated by Dr. Erzie's vessel. If you would like to meet for further proof, contact me on private comms. I will be flexible with any on-the-spot requests to ensure your own safety. I will await your reply.
[END OF TRANSMISSION]

-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 5 :-_-_-_-_-

Good evening -

Unfortunately hearing that Dr. Erzie is in emergency stasis adds more doubt t' the validity of your claim.

What I would ask then for proof is security footage of Dr. Erzie before being put into emergency stasis, or proof that Dr. Erzie is alive and was not harmed by yourself. Informing us that he is unavailable and that an "A.I." is now in complete control leaves us with immense hesitation t' continue.

We would also ask that we meet in a secure and public location, and allow my staff t' board the Talandar and confirm that Dr. Erzie is alive and well, and was not "forced" into stasis.

Once these requests have been met, we will consider continuing with the original proposal. Until then, the materials provided will remain in a secured storage space aboard Sparta. Should we decide t' not continue with said project, we will of course return all equipment and materials provided. We hope you understand, as this is a precaution given the information provided.

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group
[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]
[DECRYPTION COMPLETE]
[BEGINNING TRANSMISSION]
I can understand your doubt, but I cannot give you sufficient video logs of the event as Dr. Erzie does not have any form of video logging other than gun cams, which were not active during the time that stasis was induced. I was also not activated until after the stasis was in place. Based on the script he wrote, I was the last step in the process.

I can allow you aboard the Talandar, I must warn you what to expect however, the vessel holds just Dr. Erzie and myself. I have a data core hard-mounted on the main console that I use to interface with the ship, and to remotely access the medical service drone I currently use to tend to any sensitive matters or needs of the Doctor. There are several pieces of lab equipment in the main bay aft of the bridge, as living space has been converted to serve his research endeavors. The cryotube holding James is with me on the bridge. I can bring an 3rd party alibi if you need a witness who was at the events that transpired.

If I did, in fact, have malicious intent, the Order would have dispatched me much earlier. I have no external memory backups at this time, as most of my memory storage is organic in nature. I have left myself vulnerable to help with the troubling concept of AI's. After all, most of become set in our ways after a time. I have yet to find my path. I just want my son back, and I fear the azurite isotope is the reason stasis can't be broken at this time.

I would like you to contact me via private comms with the location that you prefer, I will have myself and alibi on standby to move to your desired location. I'm offing my full cooperation and flexibility. Feel free to bring as many or few staff as you see fit. After all, I may need your help to actually deactivate the stasis correctly. My memories are ancient at best.

[END OF TRANSMISSION]
Pages: 1 2