Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Aegis Initiative - Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You know, I was very reluctant to make this thread, as I know how feedback threads can degrade into poop tossing and piss matches. So, from the get go, I'm going to ask that this refrain from that, and any issues, complaints, concerns or otherwise non-constructive posts/comments can be PM'd to this account. We're very open to feedback, but if this degrades into a useless thread, I'm just going to have it deleted.

Now, for those (Or most) of you who probably wont know, the Initiative is like a secret society. We're not well trained spies, we're not a super scary agency, we're people with a unique set of skills or information who banded together to form a network, dedicated to combatting Nomads, and the containment of dangerous technology developed by mankind.

"But hey, this account joined in 2015, near the end, just how old is this Roleplay?"

Answer: This story began almost four years ago. It's been a slow buildup, based around one individual, being Joshua Hunt. Eventually, it blossomed out, into other characters lives and stories, and has progressed into a giant tree, that everyone involved in has worked hard to get to this point.

"But wait a second, who's involved?"

Answer: There's almost a dozen Discovery Community members involved/have been involved directly in the story in the past.

"But if there's only about a dozen, what sort of interactions do you have?"

Answer: Quite a lot, beyond the occasional hunting party into the Omicrons or House Space. Being a secretive group, hiding many dangerous bits of information and technology, it's pretty obvious we're not going to just start spewing secrets to every trader/freelancer/pirate we meet. That doesn't mean we aren't open to interacting with people on a regular basis. Our characters still maintain individuality. (Or in the case of the Cincinnati, multiple characters in one.)

"I met one of you guys, who didn't seem to know what they're doing. Why are they involved if they're not good at Roleplaying?"

Answer: Good or bad, it doesn't matter. We're all having fun making progress, and some people have vastly improved their roleplay skills, and I'm happy to see them carry that knowledge into other endeavors.

"What are the goals of this whole thing? What's the deal, man?"

Answer: Short term? Survival. With the loss of our base, we've basically become an ever-growing Migrant Fleet, moving slowly from system to system, to base operations as we see fit. Where are we now? Coronado. Where are we going next? Stay tuned to find out. Long term? We're not giving this out just yet.

"But wait, if you're a group, how exactly do you handle diplomacy?"

Answer: Diplomacy is definitely something we have difficulties keeping up with. We don't use a tag, so how do people know who we are? Characters. The same faces out front every time, bringing their connections from previous lines of work (I.E, Navy, Hellfire Legion, Rogues) and using those connections as leverage to secure anything we need, or to establish relations with a group.

"Hang on, where is this story now?"

Answer: Well, in case you've not been following, here are some links to the stories involved, minus some comms threads, of course. I'd rather not track those down. In-game? It's down time. Waiting, if you will, for a meeting, before we move.

Links:

Breaking Dawn - Hunt's Journal continuation/The construction of his project
On board the Sovereign - The revival of Joshua Hunt
Behind Hidden Doors - On board Control Station: AEGIS, prior to the loss of the Navarro Refinery
The Exodus - The aftermath of the loss of Navarro
The comings and goings, of the LNS-Cincinnati - The.Cincinnati's personal story
Joshua Hunt's Personal Database - The original journal entries and information of Joshua Hunt's personal server. All information lost post the destruction of the Forward Unto Dawn, his liner.

More coming soon.

Now, I made this thread because I had heard people weren't happy about some things. Again, PM those things to this account PLEASE. I cannot stress enough how annoying it is for me, and everyone involved in this story, to have to deal with public displays and obnoxious arguments.

So, leave your questions/comments, ideas, or other stuff.

I'd like to thank everyone we've interacted with, and all the people involved personally, for getting this far. Without you, and the hours of work put into this, I would've abandoned it in 2014.

Special thanks to

- Alan Stacker
- Maverick O'Howell and the crew of the Cincinnati/Jayse Maxwell
- Ivan Montgomery
- Amy Cromwell/Nixie of the ANC
- I lost count of how many characters.
- Geoff Enfield
- SirLagsalot/John Silverstone
- Sapphire Raven
- Solanna Cher
- Daniel Archer
- Dorian Ravenfell
- Helena Devine
- Daniel Blake
- Matilda Antioch

and anyone I've missed, I'll add you eventually.
Updated with links and a section of names of those directly involved/previously involved/recurring characters.