Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Consensus | A place for your voice.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: xwkBvsU.png]

Raise your voice Zoner !!!
This is the inRP meeting forum. It is important to do anything in a living, breathing RP environment. The Consensus offers an ideology and is based on characters with individual opinions and interests. To post here your character has to be part of or influence in the Consensus.
This is the place a consensus was born, is born and will be born at any time.

Please use following form to discuss. Feel free to individualize the basic colors.
Code:
[img float=right]User Image here !!! Max width 180 pixels[/img][size=large][font=Agency FB]
[color=#0080FF]Name: [/color][color=#FFFFFF]Write your name here !!![/color]
[color=#0080FF]Affiliation: [/color][color=#FFFFFF]Write your Affiliation here !!![/color]
[color=#0080FF]Topic: [/color][color=#FFFFFF]Write your topic here !!![/color]
[color=#0080FF]What do you have to say?: [/color][color=#00BF00]Write your text here !!![/color]
[/font][/size]

Name: Dr. Wes Valdon
Affiliation: Outer Rim University
Topic: Nomad hostility
What do you have to say?: Good evening my fellow Voices of the Consensus.
I need to discuss something of importance. Yesterday, I saw two Zoners actively hunting a Nomad vessel. I have to bring forward, I had very mixed feelings about this. Even though, the Nomads are officially seen to be a threat, I think triggering this dog, actively hunt it and potentially arise aggression in his foreign mind will result into a drastic danger for our University.
It is still a matter of fact that we don't know anything about the Nomads and their motivation. I was able to have few encounters with them and some of them seemingly weren't of hostile intention. I want to suggest anyone within the Zoner Consensus to act very calm and only hostile in case any alternative is gone.

[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/528lDHU.jpg?1[/img]
Name: Dankien Moebus
Affiliation: The Seraphim
Topic: Nomads and infected
What do you have to say?: Well... Nomad is a complex topic. Considering the past conflicts with nomads I think we should be very careful with them. Based on my experience in the omicrons, most of the time they attack people on sight. However it is true that sometime, I would say very rarely, they don't act in an hostile manner. Moreover, I've seen several cases where people were infected by nomads.
So when I see a nomad vessel in space or detect one on my scanner I prefer to keep it as far as possible from my position. I won't actively hunt them because I fear to be contaminated but at the same time I prefer to eliminate them if they approach our bases. The first reason is to reduce the risk they infect the base, the second is to prevent them to spy us. Indeed, I would not be surprised that the "non-hostile" nomads are in fact spies collecting information before a new invasion. I have some thoughts about what we should do about nomads but I would like to hear the other before presenting it.

Name: Alex Mush
Affiliation: The Seraphims
Topic: Nomads Agenda
What do you have to say?: I used to see Nomads as a natural disaster. A plague, an earthquake. Something I must endure.

But the more I encounter them, the better I understand that they do have a purpose. An agenda. A goal. We just can't figure it out. They are alien. But we can do our best.

The most important thing to learn is the reason for their hostility. Our species are not compete for resources. Nomads don't mine ore. They don't live on planets. At least not on those the humans can inhabit. So it is not strictly a living space conflict either.

We don't know much about their emotions. Maybe, it's an aesthetic despise. We don't 'sing', we don't emit a light. Those of Nomads who choose to communicate often refer to it. I frankly have no idea how to fix it in this case. Can we learn their songs? Can we teach them ours?

And then it still might be an instinct. Their nature. As if the whole race was a very complex, self-aware security system that we set off. The worst case. And if that is the case, we need evidence to that.

As for the pressing matters, we should not provoke them for sure. At least, not more than we already do by constructing the base. And it's clear that they consider warships flying around a provocation. It seems that they are more tolerant to unarmed civilian vessels. That said, we should consider our patrol policy with care. And we need guns to protect ourselves, but display them with high discretion.

What do you have to say?: It seems, I am right. Again. Do you notice, what goes on, fellow Voices? The Nomads have just started to attack our University. I have personally tried to communicate with them, but what should I say. They seem to be far more stranger than I have ever expected. I'm seriously unsure about what has caused these attacks. Probably one of our neighbors had lured them into us. Referring to the Nomads, we seem to have entered their space, followed by we are a threat, which followed we aren't a threat, only our presence is insulting. Do you feel this to be confusing? Well, I do too and if you know me, I am usually difficult to confuse. Aside from this, they seem to completely ignore, I outline here completely and entirely anything what my crew and I have said. This makes me pretty unsure about how we should approach, but I may repeat, we should be very, very careful and should avoid any negative approach.
It plagues me to suggest this. There could be an emergency plan though this still shouldn't involve us directly. We have two or even three very specified hunter factions neighboring us. I don't suggest an alliance, we should keep our independent integrity under any circumstances, but what do I suggest is spraying the info, that Nomads are here. These neighbors don't need to care about our University, they even don't need to care about us, but they do care about Nomads.

What do you have to say?: I think you are jumping a little bit too fast to the conclusion that the nomads were following one of our neighbors. It sounds at least equally probable to me that the nomads decided to explore omicron-74 after finding the jumphole in omicron delta. It makes sense to me that they could react to our presence as if we were invaders. Maybe their messages are unclear about our status , threat or not threat, because we can't understand the nomads.

Following the last incident, I think we should reinforce security around the University and stay away from nomads. We should also inform the CoF of the incident and see what they recommend. Honestly I don't think we can hope to survive a long time in the omicrons without receiving some military support from time to time. Moreover, I don't expect the Order or the Core to patrol in omicron-74, so far from their bases, just because we inform them that nomads are in this system. What happened today sounds like a last warning to me, we should have a plan and enforce it quickly.

What do you have to say?: What are you suggesting my friend? We won't be able to handle another incident like this again on our own, but I want to point out here, that we aren't allowed to loose our integrity and furthermore don't betray ours shared believes. It might be correct, that the fact we have entered Nomads property had caused the attack, but then it is our fault, same as someone decides to enter a tiger cage. So, I am repeating, what do you suggest?

Name: Dr. Prof. Alessa Freya Samson
Affiliation: Ingenuus Research Group
What do you have to say?: I have a suggestion, we have just received an offer from the Order. I know that you seek to prevent any external influence, Wes, I do respect this, I very much do, but this veils the opportunities, endangers our survival and by this the goal of this project. I can't see any threatening hint that disintegrates the integrity of the Zoner Consensus. Not only that it will save us, it will also include to stay passive in the defense of Nomads and staying loyal to our beliefs.
I say, we should accept their offer. In case this will be the consensus on this topic, Dankien, do you think the Seraphim would be able to secretly deliver medical supplies to the Order?

Name: Alex Mush
Affiliation: The Seraphims
What do you have to say?: From what I've seen in space in last three days, the threat is serious. And it seems that the Order is our best chance. Their proposal is reasonable. I think we should agree.
I am ready to take part in the supply mission should we decide to do that.

What do you have to say?: Indeed, that is a good opportunity to establish a fair relation with the Order. And yes, we will find a way to manage some hidden supplies to the Order from time to time. Since we don't have a lot of resources if would be good to know what they need the most.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5