Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sektor News Network Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Project abandoned
We don't need anymore meta gaming news accounts.
Aha! An excellent point!

I'm hoping to paradoy to those accounts, or at least make fun of them, because I think they're silly. Don't worry we won't meta. As I expressed myself they're ruining the news, so they'll be a target for wisecracks.

-V.V
So is this a serious attempt at roleplay, or meme-level-parody?
SNN itself is suposed to be a parody. Perhaps not meme level, but aiming more for satire that perhaps ventures slightly to the fourth wall? What we are trying to paraody is not necessarily Sirius, but DiscoveryGC itself. It's serious roleplay, yes, but the readers themselves shouldn't take it too seriously.

Each of the characters/writers is meant to serve as a trope. Stephen Grimes is a critical, overly-cynical writer who couldn't write a nice, positive story to save his life. Jessy Ribbon is the nervous interviewer, who arranges these meetings with people who are at a much higher level than she is. Ted Walker is the musicial DJ who isn't quite as fit for his audience as he thinks he is, almost to a cringey degree. Victor Vance, the owner, is extremely forward and isn't very good with people, which often results in him antagonizing others. This, combined with other characters we hope to create in the future, will combine to create a network that exists on the edge and is a lot more infamous than others.

If the objectives outlined above weren't met in previous news posts, then we apologise. Expect the next one to be more in line with those expectations.
There is a character in this Freelancer fanfic that is named Stephen Grimes. It's a good read that I've been waiting to be updated for six years. Sad