Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Fighter series WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I changed the topic to a fighter series because I plan to make versions of all the liberty fighter types.
I the old model has become the Avenger and I made a smaller snub version for the Executioner.
Link to the new Executioner preview.
https://skfb.ly/LKFu

Again let me know what you guys think, and I will incorporate your feedback!
(03-07-2016, 08:40 PM)Robert Wrote: [ -> ]I changed the topic to a fighter series because I plan to make versions of all the liberty fighter types.
I the old model has become the Avenger and I made a smaller snub version for the Executioner.

Well. How about taking cues from the bastet, and add two little stubby wings? Kinda like a fat X wing with two really short arms.
Good job man. They look nice.
(03-07-2016, 08:40 PM)Robert Wrote: [ -> ]I changed the topic to a fighter series because I plan to make versions of all the liberty fighter types.

Whatever you do please for this game's sake, do not remodel Guardian/Defender and Avenger/Junko O'Zane's ship. They're iconic ships. Nor replace them with others. It makes no sense, their design is great. If you want create new fighters to fly along these ones, no problem.
(03-07-2016, 09:02 PM)Stone21 Wrote: [ -> ]

Whatever you do please for this game's sake, do not remodel Guardian/Defender and Avenger/Junko O'Zane's ship. They're iconic ships. Nor replace them with others. It makes no sense, their design is great. If you want create new fighters to fly along these ones, no problem.

Agreed, I will model them like a evolution of the guardian and the Avenger, never with the intend to replace them. Wink
Holy, the Executioner looks actually pretty good.
Couple of things to note here.

1: We're not currently considering other replacements for the Executioner. It isn't an issue of model quality as they're actually quite good, but it just isn't something we need right now.

2: We desperately need a replacement for the aging Upholder model. Replacements for the Avenger and Guardian might be considered, but it's doubtful. This would be totally unprecedented and also unnecessary, as the current models are very well balanced. If you want to model Liberty ships, you should probably focus on the Upholder instead.

3: Your next Gen cockpits look awesome, but you axed the art deco neck ridges. They're arguably not that appealing to look at, but removing them makes it look more like a generic space fighter rather than a well defined House ship, which are known for being overly stylized.

4: The four pointed wing design was much better, not sure why you did away with it.
Looks pretty awesome, but... As the current ships have turret mounts on the back top, those should have too. Make a small platform or something on that guardian and make the executioner top wing a bit more flat on the top part so a turret could fit proberly
I'd say to keep the Guardian/Avenger models like they are. Use this model, with smaller wings and top fin/thingy of guardian to take the old executioner's place and make a fattier one to take place of upholder.
(03-10-2016, 09:15 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Couple of things to note here.

1: We're not currently considering other replacements for the Executioner. It isn't an issue of model quality as they're actually quite good, but it just isn't something we need right now.

2: We desperately need a replacement for the aging Upholder model. Replacements for the Avenger and Guardian might be considered, but it's doubtful. This would be totally unprecedented and also unnecessary, as the current models are very well balanced. If you want to model Liberty ships, you should probably focus on the Upholder instead.

3: Your next Gen cockpits look awesome, but you axed the art deco neck ridges. They're arguably not that appealing to look at, but removing them makes it look more like a generic space fighter rather than a well defined House ship, which are known for being overly stylized.

4: The four pointed wing design was much better, not sure why you did away with it.

1. I know Wink, Not all ships that I will post here need to get into the game (some are also for my own enjoyment).
Making different variations helps me make up itteration leading to ship that are needed.

2. I am already working on a new upholder. This is still a early WIP but I will post a preview soon.

3. I found it difficult incorperating the huge rubs with the more jet like cockpit design. I have tried to take the mid way to include ribs under the neck well making the top more streamlined. I could make the under ribs a bit larger but it should not get alot bigger than it already is. Still I will try to make the neck stand out a bit more.

4. I changed from 4 points to 3 points because the ship is getting smaller than the Avenger. I did not want to make the wings look more complex than the larger model. However I could change that back if people want it.

(03-10-2016, 09:40 AM)Darius The Ganker Wrote: [ -> ]Looks pretty awesome, but... As the current ships have turret mounts on the back top, those should have too. Make a small platform or something on that guardian and make the executioner top wing a bit more flat on the top part so a turret could fit proberly

I will make sure the hardpoints will be as close as they can be to the original so if the models are accepted into the mod, players wont have a different ship performance wise.
This will also include a turret slot in the back.

(03-10-2016, 07:44 AM)Snake Wrote: [ -> ]Holy, the Executioner looks actually pretty good.

Thank you!

(03-10-2016, 10:37 AM)SirDoge Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say to keep the Guardian/Avenger models like they are. Use this model, with smaller wings and top fin/thingy of guardian to take the old executioner's place and make a fattier one to take place of upholder.

I might do a version of the ship that looks more like the guardian with the top fin/spoiler. The upholder model I am working on is more beef and has the same profile as the current model. It will retain the bird of pray look, just adapted into the style of the previous ships I previewed in this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9