Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: FADM Harriet Fieldson, First Fleet, Liberty Navy. ([LN]) CC:ESRD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RNd8p8y.jpg]

Fieldson,

As previously discussed, I told you I was conducting an investigation into an unusual specimen. A Nomad, a unique one, identified as Ish'tar. A sort of prophecy, about "the end of all wars" and someone or something named "Lena." Well, that investigation is ongoing. However, I have a report of the information collected during the investigation, one that was given to me by my friends of Battlegroup Auxesia. I suppose you could see it as willingness to cooperate, despite hostilities.

In any case, here is the report file, with our collected information.

REPORT, AUXESIA FILE:

Furthermore, on the topic of The Fifth Fleet, the Cincinnati, and Admiral O'Neil, on the chance you've managed to convince them to cease pursuit operations, I thank you. You'll be delighted to know we've vacated the border regions of Liberty, shifting operations to the Northern areas of Sirius. This will prevent any unnecessary situations in which both my people and the Navy waste resources on each other. Additionally, this network is established for a solid communication link between you, any agents of the ESRD, and myself. Relevant information that could or is going to affect the Republic in any way will be relayed here. Any questions, or statements, can also be sent via this network, and I will do my best to answer them.

Sincerely,

Joshua Hunt

|Signal Lost|
ENCRYPTION: HIGH ::: transmission hackers limited to first sentence of each paragraph, and first 150 characters of said sentence :::
SENDER: Maverick Travis, Captain, ESRD, [LN]
RECEIVER: Joshua Hunt
ORIGIN: ::: UNKNOWN BOUNCING SIGNAL :::
SENT ON: 09-Mar-823 A.S.
SUBJECT: Transmission Relay; Further Orders

::: BEGIN TRANSMISSION :::

-----

[Image: ViceAdmiralMaverickTravis_zps702c2c69.jpg]

-----

Howdy, Mister Hunt. Might I say you be lookin' fit as a fiddle?

Now, I know what you be thinkin'... How come 'tis lil' ol' me, Captain Maverick Travis, that be talkin' an' jivin' with ya, instead o' Madam Fieldson? Simple, really... It's cause Harriet be understandin' the sensitive nature between our two respective groups, so instead she's up an' decided to leave me in charge o' bein' the liason... and scapegoat between you an' 'er. So in case I get caught, she's quite an' willingly-ready to trim me outta the picture o' the LN faster than you can spit used synth weed at a bucket.

If that happens, I'm then freed of [LN] responsibilities, which leaves me lots'a leeway to find and kill y'all an' the Initiative immediately. So let's be hopin' you an' I dun get caught doin' this by the other peeps, mkay?

So from here on out, I mighty-suggest that you redirect all them transmissions you have planned out towards this bouncing signal I've managed to establish for the both o' us. The signal's quite subject to change, by the way, but I've got somethin' developed by the ESRD that'll aid ya in tyin' yer future transmissions to me.

B'fore ya guys head on outta Coronado, ya might wanna investigate Barrier Gate Station for a lil' bit o'... somethin' in a lil' black box, currently bein' held on tight-like by the bartender. Simply approach an' tell 'im, “I remember the Alamo, dear sir.”, an' he'll show ya the rest.

With that outta the way, let's focus on the brunt o' the matter, which be about these 'prophecies'. As Harriet proly long since explained to y'all, she ain't mighty-appreciative of prophecies an' ghost stories that put 'er in circumstances she ain't able to control by her own hands. Not to say she ain't too keen on 'em, but she be more o' the belle that wants to act on more... concrete proof. My job's usually to digest said stories down my gullet, then poop out somethin' she'd be more able to grasp at, even if them's be a heap-a-load o' crap she ain't gonna like.

Your information's been mighty-helpful so far, Mister Hunt, but I do say I be needin' you to investigate a few more things for me, in addition to the continuation o' yer ongoin' investigations.

Below, I have a small... 'shoppin' list' for y'all to fetch for me. I'd fetch these items myself, but them groceries be few an' far between, an' you guys already be by the supermarkets anyway.

Meanwhile, I'll try an' shed some light myself through a few of mine and yer contacts, see how everythin' seems to connect.

An' that's it... Well, apart from the usual banter o' “don't break my trust, lest I kill y'all where you stand,” yada-yada-yada, that sorta stuff. The point bein' that since Harriet sent ya to me instead o' dealin' with this matter herself, means she be real-close-like to jus' dismissin' y'all as crazy sons-o'-guns.

So let's be hopin' y'all definitely just be crazy sons-o'-guns an' this prophecy's just a bunch a'hoey, since, ya know... the alternative means hell in high water for all o' humanity.

… Or at least, the humanity as we know it.

Good huntin', Mister Hunt. Travis out.

::: END TRANSMISSION :::
[Image: RNd8p8y.jpg]

Captain Travis,

Just an update on the current situation and status of the requested information. Expect a compiled report later this evening on some individuals.

Noel Xollan(?)

I believe you meant Noah Xonnel, who has only provided word of such. He's still being investigated. Expect additional details later today.

Nikolle Fischer

She's under close watch and traumatized. I'll inquire about getting neuro-scans and a bio-scan from my contacts in Rheinland to confirm, but from what we can tell she's fine.

Segelinde Loraine

This is a difficult subject, as this individual is no longer... Alive. Cardamine addiction, happens. Expect a detailed report later today.

Vibrant Songs

We have had a difficult time locating this pilot.

Geoff Enfield

Now, these are just rumors, but Geoff had previously been working on some very dangerous technology, and there is a possibility he has taken his experience in that field to another endeavor. Still under investigation, expect a full report later today.

Now, on to the matter at hand, which happens to involve a certain Fleet Admiral who has found it necessary to attempt to inhibit operations around Liberty. This is the second time he had demanded I vacate Liberty, despite later rescuing him from a Nomad Mind node that evening. I'm bringing these concerns to you, in hopes that this matter can be resolved internally. However, if it proves problematic, I will have no problem defending myself if necessary. Here are two sets of black box logs from my conversation with Fieldson, to Jack and one of his subordinates stopping me.

BLACK BOX LOG #328
BLACK BOX LOG #296 -DETAIL: Logs cut to isolate important audio files
It's nearly been a month, and since the vessel in question has vacated Liberty space, their attention has turned to harassing domestic operations. I trust this matter will be handled? It's rather difficult to collect information when I'm about to be detained, isn't it?

Sincerely,

Joshua Hunt

|Signal Lost|