Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Lane Hackers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: TnrL99F.png]

[+]=======

To: The Lane Hackers
Subject: Business

While the Lane Hackers and the Crimson Cross have had the pleasure of conducting business in the past, I do not believe that I specifically have been involved in any of those transactions. Hopefully that changes today. I am Inquisitor Kenneth Matzke and I come to you representing the Crimson Council offering you a very well paid contract for some of your services that I have heard so many great things about.

I eagerly await your response so that we may continue paving the way for the Orange Dream.

--Inquisitor Kenneth Matzke
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: gvXcwug.png]

Inquisitor Matzke, what a pleasure.

My name is Wolfgang Weisen, a Deceiver of the Lane Hackers. Please tell me of how I can be of assistance to you and the Crimson Council, we are always eager to assist our friends.

Auf Wiedersehen.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

[+]=======

The first and most pressing task that The Council has asked me to pass off to you should not be too difficult for your brilliant engineers. You might know that we have recently begun settling and growing Cardamine on Soledad. In order to facilitate this process, we simply need you to construct a docking ring for us to use. We will gladly pay a total of 100 million credits on top of the costs of the needed materials. If this might take a while due to sourcing the needed parts, we understand and will happily wait while you threaten a few corporations make contact with your suppliers. Also, we request that a list of materials be provided to the Council for budgeting reasons and that the supplies be brought to Seguro Refugio before being assembled so that we can ensure that everything is accounted for.

I thank you for considering this proposal and I do hope that this is the beginning of l long line of business between us.

[+]=======

===RE-SENDING TRANSMISSION===

[+]=======

===RE-SENDING TRANSMISSION===

...uploading.data...

My dearest Inquisitor Matzke,

Your request is a top priority for us, however there are some technical issues which we need to overcome first before we can confidently get back to you with a solid answer. Please bear with us for a little longer.

...uploading.data...

Greetings once again,

Inquisitor Matzke I have received the responce from our technical team, a positive one if I may add. The construction of the Docking Ring is possible in the planet you designated, but we need to possess adequate numbers of Docking Ring parts. As you may already know the only way to get those parts is through cargo liberation of transports carrying them from Pueblo. Then we need to open their white box and secure the content, a risky process which can destroy the parts at the slightest mistake. Finally, there is also the risk of retrieving a Docking Ring part which we already have for the construction.

We already possess a small number of Docking Ring parts but we need much more in order to construct an orbital ring. Subsequently, our field operators have been informed to target and focus more on transports carrying those parts. But it will take time, I suspect... Anyway, I have also been ordered to inform you that the Professorship is expecting to hear some results from the deal they made with your High Cardinal. Don't ask me for details, I have no clearance to know more about it but they wish to see from the Crimson Cross a similar devotion as we will put to your request.

[+]=======

I will be sure to pass along your message to the Cardinal, and I do thank you for accepting this proposal.

Also, for accounting purposes, would you please tell me the quantity of parts that will be needed for the construction of this ring?

...uploading.data...

Inquisitor Matzke, I apologize for the delay.

I tried to determine the approximate number of Docking Ring parts which the construction would need, but even the best engineers on Cochrane tell me that is impossible without proper analysis and examination of Planet Soledad.

You see, special parts and equipment are needed based on the planet's atmosphere and magnetic field, space radiation, planetary debris and the amount and type of defences which will be mounted on the Docking Ring. If you could send us this data, we could determine these technical details which you have requested.

Finally, I should mention that our operatives are still on the lookout for shipments containing Docking Ring parts because the number we possess already is not even closely enough. The software however is collected and ready to be picked up from Leiden.

Auf Wiedersehen.