Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Ingenuus Research Group | From: Dr. David Owen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 2rBPIo5.png]
-Connection Established-

Greetings members of the Ingenuous Research Group.
Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Dr. David Owen, Head of Braillian Research & Development. I am writing to you today to inform you of some developments since last contact as well as some key things I believe it necessary to discuss. I should also let it be known that I am speaking without the knowledge of the Supreme Council, of which I am a member.

The first matter of things I wish to discuss is informing you about the recent reformation of the Reapers of Sirius and it has now formed a new organisation under the name of 'Fallen Angels', formerly of one of the wings of the Reapers of Sirius. The Fallen Angels uphold the same ideals and beliefs and believe that we can once again achieve great things.

Something that I believe it necessary to raise as concern for us, that we believe you could assist with is our economy. Considering the current state of our Economy it would be a lie to say we don't require assistance in certain areas. It is my belief that there are many things we require and things we can provide each other.

There was once a time where we worked closely together as friends and colleagues, making scientific breakthroughs. it is my hope that we can once again begin research and co-operate.

I would request that you contact me or another Supreme Council member.

Regards Dr. David Owen
Kara Stellar Laboratory, Cayman system
[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 3 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Finn McCool :-_-_-_-_-

Greetings Dr. Owen -

Indeed it has been wuite some time since we've had official communique with the Reapers, or in this case, the "Fallen Angels". I admit I have not even heard of such reformation from those we have been dealing with on a less formal basis, but my guess is they themselves were not aware of the reformation.

Onto your request... or sorts? I must admit, I am curious as t' what exactly you are requesting. You mention assistance with your struggling economy, and then mention beginning research and and scientific breakthroughs. Perhaps you can provide more clarification? Because while we are interested in what research goals you have, we are not a business in helping boom economy or providing economical strengths. We are a research group, laying down the foundations of unraveling the mysteries of Sirius and everything in between and beyond. Business research and analytics are more the job for consultants and companies such as say OSI. Their economy and assistance in helping those struggling are more beneficial than we could ever be. While there are trade vessels within the IRG, as well as having financial and operational departments, that is not our focus.

Now, I am intrigued t' hear what kind of research fields and goals you have, and perhaps we can find a way for us t' provide you services that would be beneficial for the "Fallen Angels".

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group
-Connection Established-

Greetings Mr Finn McCool

Indeed we do have many things to discuss. Thank you for your recommendation on contacting OSI and I will defiantly do some research and bring the idea foreword to the Supreme Council.

Regarding our goals and current general direction for scientific pursuit it would be a lie to say we wont be researching Cardamine. With the majority of our population afflicted with addiction, and Planet Braillia being an inhospitable wasteland for decades to come, we depend on Cardamine for our very survival. And without a constant source it does spell doom in one possible future. For obvious reasons we want to prevent this.

Within R&D we have managed to slow the rates of deaths and affliction with new pharmaceuticals and creations yet it is still not enough with people dying every few days. This is however not long lasting as we can only [b]delay the effects, and soon they catch up.

Although this is a pressing issue, it is not the prime focus of the R&D team and the Kara Stellar Laboratory. That falls the main aim and what will make us whole again. We need to make Braillia hospitable. However cleaning a planets atmosphere of hazardous and radioactive materials is no easy task. If you are interested are able, this would be something that would make the difference to an entire population.

I do hope you consider my request.

Oh and one last thing. I believe it to be important to involve the Supreme Council. It is good to have good communication and make sure we are all on the same page. This is why I hereby extend an invitation to visit Cayman and attend a meeting with the Supreme Council.

I look foreword to your reply.

Regards Dr. David Owen

-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Finn McCool :-_-_-_-_-

Evening Dr. Owen -

Well you have definitely peaked our interest! I would actually like t' direct your comm t' one of our scientists, who specializes in the fields of ecology, xeno-biology and medicinal sciences. Dr. Thallia Thorn is an expert in her field of study, and I believe would be of great benefit for what you are seeking research on.

Of course, should you need anything you can reach out t' me directly, but I believe Dr. Thorn will provide better information regarding that specific area of research. I've taken the liberty of CC'ing her as well t' this comm, so she should be responding within the next day or so.

Until then.

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group

-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Thallia Thorn :-_-_-_-_-

Go...goo day to you both and a pleasure to, urm... meet you Dr.Owen. I must admit to being exciting at the prospect of being in contact with someone native to Brallia. The system has remained behind closed curtains for so long... all the wonders to be found, urm.... apologies, I digress greatly. Thank you for, urm... copying me in Finn.

As I'm sure your preliminary research teams have found Doctor, a clean up operation on such a scale is no short-term or measly ...urm, endeavour. It is important to, ur... get the right understanding of both what it is your cleaning up and the end result and fi...fi...find a means that does not eradicate any life in the process. I'm su...sure you have some data to hand already Dr. Owen, so I su...suggest we spend some time together poring over what your team has collated and any next steps in terms of preliminary data and feasibility scoping to be done.

Th...the Cardamine issue however complicates things. A lot. Finn... urm, please don't take this the wrong way but I suggest we speak in private Dr. Owen about your needs here. If anything, to keep the communication thread clean.

Na....naturally I would like to accept this invitation. Please, urm, let me know when it is convinient for us to visit.

Thallia Thorn
Ingenuus Research Group
-Connection Established-

Greetings Dr Thorn

I am sorry for the delay in response. We have been taking time to make sure everything is prepared and our meeting can occur and happen without any problems; Things such as increased security and the like.

Anyway, will you and your colleagues be able to come to the Cayman system this evening or within the next few days? It is imperative we begin work as soon as we can.

I look forward to your response.

Regards Dr. David Owen

-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Sean Goodman :-_-_-_-_-

Dr. Owen,

My apologies I'm sure I'm not who you expected to be replying to you. Dr. Thorn has taken a rather unexpected leave of absence, and I've been asked to pick up where she left off. I am currently in Omega 49 conducting surveys of the local planets ecology. Which makes having a meeting convenient. I'll reach out to you via personal comms to arrange it.

Sean Goodman
Ingenuus Research Group