Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Steve Squigs of .:j:.Reclaimer(s) CC: Junker Congress, Ageira Technologies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
20th of March 823

[Image: Flag-liberty.png]

The Republic of Liberty
Department of Justice

To: Steve Squigs of .:j:.Reclaimer(s) and the Junker Congress ;

A recent report from Ageira Technologies shows disturbing behavior coming from the Congress member going by the name of Steve Squigs, supposedly under the supervision of his Junker Congress superiors as shown in entry no.112 of the Liberty Criminal Registry.

Your actions fall within what is considered, Corporate Espionage as defined by Section One part Four in the laws of Liberty, as well as a Piracy as defined by Section One part Two in the laws of Liberty. Such actions cannot and will not be tolerated by the Republic of Liberty and they will receive the rightful condemnation from our part.

Hence:

Steve Squigs, under the charges of Corporate Espionage and acts of piracy, receives the following condemnation;

- A formal apology to Ageira Technologies on this channel.

- All the units referred to in the transmission to be handed back to Ageira Technologies.

- All special permits for the individual Steve Squigs will no longer be valid in Liberty space until specified other wise.

- A fine of 50'000'000 (Fifty million) Sirius Credits to the account Ferris.Dufresne due in the following 48 hours or voluntary work for four weeks for the LLS.

The Junker Congress, is fairly warned to see that such encounters will hopefully not be seen again.

Steve Squigs, not complying with the conditions or repeating violations will result in further consequences. Such situations only contribute on creating a bad image for yourselves and unnecessary involvement of the juridical corps. We hope that you will learn from such and get on straight tracks again.

- Reynold Stark, Chief Justice
[Image: vPWNAQ4.pngl]
To:The Republic of Liberty
Department of Justice
Encryption: Ultra
Subject: Salvage Log #318,288

Hello,

So, let me get straight, I lawfully find a ship abandoned for over 320 years. I politely contact Ageria to return the property, less a salvage fee. And I'm charged with corporate espionage. Furthermore I find it interesting that Ageira choose to pay me 3,000,000 credits for the lawful salvage then turn around and file a formal complaint. I was under the impressing Liberty wanted us to clean up her space, but if I'm going to get sanctioned for scrapping Ageiras abandoned trash, well I don't think I'd want to do it anymore.

Oh and while I'm digging up my comm logs I have a transmission from one Alan Pace saying that Ageira waved their right to the claim for the rest of the salvage provided I handed over the white boxes. Which was done.

Steve Squigs

End Transmission

20th of March 823

[Image: Flag-liberty.png]

The Republic of Liberty
Department of Justice

Steve Squigs;

Your transmission provided us with acknowledgeable information in regards to this case.

However this juridical crop wishes to make some clarifications.

The junkers are indeed permitted to salvage or scrap abandoned , however in this particular case in question are the Ageira whiteboxes. As specified by the laws of Liberty section one part four, the whiteboxes you are "claiming" are an exclusive product of Ageira technologies with all rights reserved and claiming ownership of such or otherwise as specified by section one part four without consent by Ageira officials permission is punishable by Liberty Law.

While you may however ask for a non-mandatory reward in the form of a tip you are no means allowed to demand such, as witnessed in the communication files that Ageira Technologies forwarded to us.

We believe this will be able to clarify your charges for Corporate espionage and Piracy attempt.

However looking at how this situation seems to be in a way resolved between the two parties, the charges are temporarily ineffective and you are fairly warned to not be involved in such situation again, until a formal reply from Ageira technologies officials to further clarify this matter.

- Reynold Stark, Chief Justice