Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Shadowrun project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello there!

This is a small attempt at something I've tried twice already - but so far, without much success.

I am certain that a big amount of players in here is familiar with the concept of and also involved in Pen-and-Paper Roleplaying. Me and three other people ( , and ) have been discussing the idea, and we're intending to start a Shadowrun group on Discovery, using Teamspeak and Roll20 as a means of communicating and rolling the dice. In this particular instance, I will be functioning as the GM, although Nasher has offered to GM a few sessions of Dark Heresy at some point as well.

I'm not going to go into much detail of the world of Shadowrun, as this will be done on the actual day of character creation. For now, it suffices to say that the world is a very dark, dirty and unforgiving Cyberpunk setting with fantasy elements. The topics that will be tackled and RPed around in the game will be very mature (and no, I don't mean "herpderp, let's do cyber") and serious, so the game will probably not be for everyone.

People that are interested should have the following qualities:
  • An ability to understand the basic concept of Roleplay, meaning to actually control a character rather than an extension of oneself.
  • General maturity
  • Common sense
  • Enough time and drive to turn up reliably roughly twice a month on Teamspeak

If you fulfill those criteria and are interested, please send me a PM or drop a notice in this thread - we will be discussing the world in detail as well as create characters on Saturday, the 26th of March, 18 GMT, using Teamspeak.

If any questions arise, feel free to send me a PM or ask in this thread.
For those of us how dont know what this is/means...?
Could we have an explanation...?

(I dont really understand Tongue )
I could run a Deathwatch game too. GM'd a few of those before.
how is it played?
(03-22-2016, 06:17 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]For those of us how dont know what this is/means...?
Could we have an explanation...?

(I dont really understand Tongue )

What exactly do you mean?

(03-22-2016, 06:26 PM)Drrobe Wrote: [ -> ]I could run a Deathwatch game too. GM'd a few of those before.

I'd totally be down for that. Still have an Ultrasmurf character flying around somewhere that needs playing.

(03-22-2016, 06:27 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]how is it played?

As mentioned above, this is a Pen-and-Paper RPG (sometimes also referred to as a Tabletop-RPG), meaning that it is a dice and voice-based Role-play that is a mixture of improvised theatre and cooperative storytelling.
(03-22-2016, 06:28 PM)Char Aznable Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly do you mean?
What is this?
See my reply to . For further reference you can read here. The main difference to "regular" PnP-gaming is that we will be using Roll20 for the dicerolls and (maybe) maps etc, while Teamspeak is our means of communication, instead of the usual sitting around a desk with a couple of friends.
So there is no writing but actually verbally storytelling?
that's interesting.... though can you write on paper before you speak or is it more of a spontaneous thing?
(03-22-2016, 06:59 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]So there is no writing but actually verbally storytelling?
that's interesting.... though can you write on paper before you speak or is it more of a spontaneous thing?

It's the same concept as Dungeons and Dragons... which im assuming you've never played before if your past posts in this thread are anything to go on
(03-22-2016, 07:22 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2016, 06:59 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]So there is no writing but actually verbally storytelling?

It's the same concept as Dungeons and Dragons... which im assuming you've never played before if your past posts in this thread are anything to go on

ye, have not played it.
maybe ill do read a little about it.
didn't have anyone to try it out with either way so can't blame me that much? lol
Pages: 1 2 3