Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ID rule inquiry - "Can attack Faction A anywhere."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to ask about particular line on IDs:

"Can attack Faction A anywhere."

Does this mean that such ID user can attack trade ships from "Faction A" without any sort of demand?

I am not looking for a discussion, but I am making this inquiry in public forum so that an answer from a staff member is public as well. Preferably, I'd have no discussion to not pollute the thread with subjective opinions.
Yes you can. It was already discussed and Admins gave it a green light text about it, but I'm afraid it was lost due to server rollback.
I'd imagine it still requires a demand because it does not specify "can attack A anywhere including transports" or "can attack A and A transports anywhere without a demand" or something.

EDIT:
(03-25-2016, 08:42 PM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can. It was already discussed and Admins gave it a green light text about it, but I'm afraid it was lost due to server rollback.

Oh really? Would be good to get them to re-post that message in here then.
(03-25-2016, 08:42 PM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can. It was already discussed and Admins gave it a green light text about it, but I'm afraid it was lost due to server rollback.

Which is exactly why a random opinion without a statement from admin is absolutely irrelevant here.
So it is safe to assume this rule is in use for now:

(04-03-2015, 08:41 AM)aerelm Wrote: [ -> ]The "Can attack anywhere" line on some IDs only overwrites the ZoI restrictions, not any of the rules.
RP is always needed, but with lines like that, you do not need to make a demand. That INCLUDES transports as well, unless the ID states otherwise. You still need to RP and provide engagement notice, but you don't have to make a demand.

Green text time! When an ID says "Can attack <INSERT FACTION NAME HERE> anywhere", that includes transports unless otherwise indicated.
(03-25-2016, 08:57 PM)Drrobe Wrote: [ -> ]RP is always needed, but with lines like that, you do not need to make a demand. That INCLUDES transports as well, unless the ID states otherwise. You still need to RP and provide engagement notice, but you don't have to make a demand.

Green text time! When an ID says "Can attack <INSERT FACTION NAME HERE> anywhere", that includes transports unless otherwise indicated.

You just opened a horrible can of worms. I feared the worst and here it is.

Now I urge you to reconsider this as it voids necessity to provide a demand that allows trader to choose what to lose, everything or just cargo/money.
(03-25-2016, 08:57 PM)Drrobe Wrote: [ -> ]When an ID says "Can attack <INSERT FACTION NAME HERE> anywhere", that includes transports unless otherwise indicated.

So, to make it clear, this line prevails the other line like "can attack unlawfuls except for transports"?

(03-25-2016, 09:00 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]You just opened a horrible can of worms. I feared the worst and here it is.

Well, it actually makes sense for Xeno ID or Hogosha ID since I rarely see Junkers flying in combat ships - Salvager counts as transport rulewise.
(03-25-2016, 09:00 PM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2016, 08:57 PM)Drrobe Wrote: [ -> ]When an ID says "Can attack <INSERT FACTION NAME HERE> anywhere", that includes transports unless otherwise indicated.

So, to make it clear, this line prevails the other line like "can attack unlawfuls except for transports"?

ID overrides the rules, so no.
(03-25-2016, 09:00 PM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]

(03-25-2016, 09:00 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]You just opened a horrible can of worms. I feared the worst and here it is.

Well, it actually makes sense for Xeno ID or Hogosha ID since I rarely see Junkers flying in combat ships - Salvager counts as transport rulewise.

There are dozen of other IDs that can act as terrorists and make no demands towards trade ships. I doubt that indie traders will be thrilled to be shot down without a demand.
Pages: 1 2