Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Speed Wing Voice Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=93594561]

TO: Chief Mechanics Log 4/3/823 A.S.

:::Begin Log:::

Blackhack-Speed Wing

One of the movers dropped the centrifuge machine. With the addition of the new wing (Black Hack) I finally have a place to myself. Well mostly. The last few months had been filled with various trips back and fourth from Newport Station transferring materials and personnel for the new speed labs that AFC is developing. Sunny had promised us space but the amount we have is no joke. Security is very tight in the labs with DNA readers and code inputs for each wing and console. Everything is monitored electronically with warnings going directly to the security chief's (Nutcrusher), Sunny's and my communicator. The front door is solid Ultralloy with five different entry protocols for all personnel that don't have a senior management clearance on them. After entering the outer door you are standing in a sanitation room where low levels of ion radiation flood the room and effectively strip any stray molecules off your body. Once you leave the decontamination room you enter a long hallway all white with doors on either side and different names on them. Each room is a self contained environment with its own decontamination unit, kitchen, bunk room, testing area, offices, life support, and restrooms. At the end of the hallway a sign reads Chief Mechanic. There is only a retina scanner for this room as it will only open for senior management clearance. This room has a 3d holographic sub room, a table, kitchen and recreational room. The bed room is the only portion of the entire speed wing that has a window. The window makes up the entirety of the wall and is made out of solid Blue diamonds 4 inches thick. I finished cataloging the supplies But there is still alot we need to obtain.

:::End Log:::

TO: Chief Mechanics Log 4/4/823 A.S.

Blackhack- Speed Wing

Today I showed the mechanics to their quarters and split them into task groups. There are 10 per group which give me twenty groups to use. The Shop has five different bays; at the moment three are being set up. We have set up project Tumbleweed in Bay 1 since that is the only lab with space access. We have groups starting alloy breakdowns and running through the net for usable data. Project Hotrod has been set up in Bay 3. Project Surge (as I am calling it) has been setup in the heavy shielded lab. It is coming as a no suprise that work is slow on that project seen as how so little is known on dark matter. Tomorrow will signal the start of research here at Speed Wing. Later I will log a list of department heads (that I hired from various organisations) for Sunny and Nutcrusher to look over. Once cleared we will provide them with management clearance for their respective department of the Shop. We are also installing holographic tracers in all of the Bays so I can interact with each Bay without having to travel there explicitly. Each Bay (minus the fifth because that is my personal quarters) has an empty room the size of the holographic sub room in my personal quarters that remains locked until the host room in my personal quarters makes a connection to it. This allows me to juggle the various projects AFC has going on with little time loss. I am excited to get to work now that we have our own place. I will host a meeting tomorrow with the department heads in Bay 5.

:::End log:::

TO: Chief Mechanics Log 4/10/823 A.S.

Blackhack-Speed Wing

It took longer than expected to get the list of engineers together. With every thing that has been going on. I finally have their names though. The last is as follows: Grant Fardin, Melissa Petrovic, George Borrust, Nick Flemmins, Mardith Jones, Kent Weathers, Jim Furrlo, Samantha Beldin, Frank Torrus, Carl Simmons, Vincent Sacheverell, Alicia Nessbit, Hattori Koto, Karev Miroslav, Axel D'Amboise, Sean Tolpick, Torland Sitmyere, Phillis Coron, Karen Flint, and James Reduburge. Their bios have been given to Sunny who will attend tomorrow's briefing. Things have finally settled down after the big move. We are making progress in every project. Some slower than others but all of them are moving forward.

[Image: NUJ2W4a.jpg?1]

TO: Chief Mechanics Log 5/5/823 A.S.

Blackhack- Speed Wing

Hyun if you can hear me rather than looking over your damn books and research, I thought I specifically told you to NOT move the flippin' Starfier relic from Christo's Repair Bay over to here! She's a fragile piece of work and if you do any damage to her then it's on YOUR ass! Copy!? For &^%$s sake!

Anyway.

I've been going through maintenance of the repair bays and it looks like we are close to getting the northern side down and onto the south side. Further details on this while thing will be posted later and uploaded to here as well for further referencing. When we DO do the move it shouldn't be much of an issue. Once you get the drawings you'll know what I mean.

The organization around here looks good and the teams are nicely set up. I'd like to see some more details on how things are coming along with project tumbleweed as well. Uploading information and some diagrams would be best. Oh.... and do not have a go on the dark matter stuff until we get some starting points from the IRG. They have been quiet but I assume they are working on the stuff. I'll probably pay them a visit sooner or later again to check on progress.

Overall things have been a bit slow officially since a lot has been going on on other projects. Soon we will pick up the pace.

TO: Chief Mechanics Log 7/18/823 A.S.

Blackhack-Speed Wing

Negotiations with the LH over project tumble weed have fallen through. Private copy / LH Copy. While this saddens me that we were not able to obtain their help it does not discourage me we have money to make up the man power. Project tumbleweed will continue moving forward. We will now focus on obtaining usable trade lane wreckage anything we can get our hands on we will reverse engineer this mysterious technology. On other notes I have noticed a new power supply created by IRG. I will be attempting to procure a quantity of those in the future as they are ideal for many of the projects we have going. Project thunder cloud has slowed to a crawl since Sunny put the brakes on so IRG could partake in it. While I agree we need there help we are paying them to help and I feel as though we should have heard something about it by now. I know they are a busy group so I will leave it in their hands. Project hot rod is also at a stand still. The boys and I are still going over data and simulations with out much luck I am waiting for feed back on the engine schematics I came up with as well as the go ahead to start production on a prototype. There are several components we will have to acquire specially and that will take some time. Housing for Project rave has been finished and shipments will start coming in for that so that will get off the ground. The schematics Sunny came up with for a track look pretty decent I am going to have to start programming the software for the course to keep up with this crazy mans schemes. Finaly tonight I am getting some much needed bed rest as most of my sleep time lately has been in books.

[Image: NUJ2W4a.jpg?1]

TO: Chief Mechanics Log 7/22/823 A.S.

Blackhack- Speed Wing

I've been going over the plans that were left to do with Project Hot Rod. Christo had been working a bit on things though the work was all lying around. I suggest we start compiling all information we have into a database that we can use as reference to thing of a concrete strategy to move on. In any case, the target speed we are looking for this ship is higher than the now 425.

One of the better ideas was to essentially disassemble a standard Train Cruise Disruptor and examine how its drive operates. Christo had been pounding on the idea that if the fasting and most agile thing out there at this time is the disruptor then if we were to scale up the CD drive we could essentially beat the competition on the engine market. What makes this unique is that he'd explained that if we were to do this then there would be a peak point where it would be the most beneficial and then start to go down. In short if we remove all the unnecessary mass off of the Starflie to make it as light as possible then that would be the maximum usage of the scaled engine. Nothing larger than it would achieve the same result as it would be too expencive to use for starters. He mentioned also The Square-cube Law... basically saying: "as the mass of the ship increases, power consumption cubes, making the drive inefficient beyond the size of a Starflier."

Additionally, we have been also entertaining the idea of using Fuel Cells running on platinum catalysts. Perhaps it might be the solution we are going for in terms of creating energy.