Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [ALTERNATE FUTURE] What if we had /mostly/ kept to our original officialdom request?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-30-2016, 03:39 AM)Zephyranthes Wrote: [ -> ]Emphasizing the corporate component as being the main entity within the whole conglomerate would certainly lend a greater deal of credibility to the faction's lore. Though I do believe further refinement of this concept would be necessary before it could come into its own as a faction to truly be proud of.

Aye most likely. Given all the current stuff we have/do it'd look very radical if it suddenly shifted from a Paramilitary to a Corp-like entity.

(03-30-2016, 08:56 AM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]Zeph is right here, because, to be honest - at least for a guy who was in here for 4 years* - it is quite strange that The Core popped up straight outta from nowhere.

If you read our lore all is explained. If it's too daunting for you, I made a much shorter time-line version on our NPC faction wiki page. To put it simply though 'Core' (or rather, elite BHG in the Edge Worlds) started popping up in 790 A.S.

(03-30-2016, 09:42 AM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]words

Firstly I don't really understand why you must have spent the good part of 30 minutes picking away at a concept where obviously, from not only the writeup but my own implications, it is incomplete and therefore isn't fleshed out. It's not meant to be going anywhere. It's just an innocent 'what if I did this?'.

Also I really think you must have dementia or something because in the points you're trying to express (i.e money) they're all explained within our own faction lore (or I have explained them many times over in keyboard wars in other threads). Either you're extremely forgetful, you do not bother reading the lore, or you have read it and are arguing for the sake of arguing. So before you make yourself look silly, remember to do some background research first.

(03-30-2016, 12:27 PM)Petitioner Wrote: [ -> ]This has been on my mind every time I see the Core in-game or (more commonly) on the forums. While I do like the idea of the Core and their presence in the Omicrons, a counter to both the Corsairs and the Order, someone trying to aggressively bring order no matter how many people they have to gun down to get to that goal, et cetera... where did they come from? Where do they get their billions and billions of credits and neverending stream of supplies from?

Don't get me wrong - I have the exact same complaint regarding the Order. Perhaps it's even more applicable to the Order than the Core because the Core could actually have civilians back in the houses investing in them, like a corporation, whereas the Order are considered terrorists and couldn't have civilian backing without drawing government attention. But that being said, I can't really bring myself to internally accept the Core as a well-integrated part of Discovery as a whole without some kind of explanation regarding how they keep afloat so far out, and with so little attention given to this.

Like I said earlier, all is explained in our NPC faction lore. I've played huge amounts of emphasis on our exports and how we keep maintained in the Edge Worlds. See: research materials, military and ship equipment (i.e APM Advanced Hardware), ships themselves, consumer products and last but not least Iridium.

Are people confused and think this is actually a future writeup for the faction? It's not. Don't take what you read in this writeup as any sort of fact or lore if it's not written in the actual faction document. It has the ridiculous/click-baity title for a reason.
It's still a concept and there's no guarantee I'd use it but... I'd like some more votes.
Pages: 1 2