Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Gallic Government CC: EFL | From IRG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 5 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Finn McCool :-_-_-_-_-

Greetings members of the Gallic High Command and representatives from the EFL -

My name is Finn McCool, head of the Ingenuus Research Group. The IRG are, as you may have guessed, researchers. Scientists. Our focus is exploring the unknown and push the bounds of known physics and science, and develop new technologies based on our discoveries. We hold no special allegiance, and are primarily mobile in our work, so as t' not get caught up in any struggles or dealings that would hinder our work. Our work has taken us across Sirius, from the Houses t' the far depths of the fringe systems. The one place we have yet t' explore so t' speak, is Gallia.

You may of course read that and assume we are after your technology and research for our own gain, or for the gain of those you are at war with. That simple put, is not true. Our goal is not so... barbaric and limited as that. Our goal is the advancement of known science, t' push the bounds and see what the next step in understanding the makeup of the universe is. That, is above any House, any group, any ethical or moral quandaries. Which brings us t' you. We are not tied up in the war, and while we have sympathy for the families on both sides whom are losing loved ones, we understand the drive t' attain a goal, no matter the cost.

As t' the exact reason we are contacting Gallia today - We have been contacted by multiple organizations within Sirius, that harbor no strong love for the current Houses there, for assistance in researching new ways for atmospheric entry for larger vessels, as well as travel between destinations within a system or even between systems. While such technology is already prevalent in Sirius, thus would not be an advantage provided by Gallic technology, it is currently controlled by a singular entity governed by House Liberty. While we personally have no ill-will towards them, as mentioned above we understand the drive t' attain a goal no matter the cost. Simply put, we feel some healthy competition is in order, and allows those unfavorable towards Liberty organizations the ability t' operate and advance in their own way.

Now, while quite a request, rest assured that is not one-sided. We wish t' offer something in return. This is two-fold t' be precise. First, in exchange for the above, we have in our possession a large repository of information surrounding alien/xeno-technology. Such information I imagine would be quite useful for the Gallic command. The second, is technology we have developed based off xeno-tech, in the form of prototype power cores which have tremendous power output and properties that are one of a kind. While they are still in prototype stages, we have a small number that we would be willing t' provide. Perhaps even work with your scientists aboard one of your own research stations t' see how such technology could integrate with Gallic technology? Either way, we hope that is sufficient in terms of trade.

I realize this is quite an unusual request and comm. But we hope this will bring about the beginning of a new relationship between Gallia and those within Sirius whom hold no ties, and wish t' be on the forefront of discovery...

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group
[Image: 220px-Flag-gallia2.png]

M.McCool,

Noble goals, to be sure - but frankly, we here are more interested in what your organisation can offer the Crown in return for what you ask. Naturally, this is the same for you - you did not send us this communiqué to introduce yourselves, merely to acquire something of ours that you have a vested interest in acquiring. Therefore, I will skip the pleasantries and proceed straight to the heart of the matter.

The Gallic Crown is aware of the monopoly held on Sirian transport technology by one Libertonian company, Ageira Technologies - henceforth referred to as Ageira for brevity. Though Sirian technology in the fields of both intersystem and intrasystem superliminal travel is mostly on par with ours, as well as your space elevator technology, we feel compelled to note that the design paradigms undertaken by Ageira's teams are inefficient in several areas. Firstly, the very design of Sirian 'trade lane' transport rings is inferior to ours; ships must obey a seemingly random choice whether to proceed through the top or bottom ring, instead of simply keeping to the left in mimicry of a traditional terrestrial traffic flow. This is but one simple example, but we are sure you can see that our technology does not just meet with, but far exceeds, the standards set down for Sirian advances in this field. As such, we judge that its release into hands other than those of the Kingdom might not be quite so simple as you seem to imply.

Nevertheless, I have been directed to express an official interest in acquiring your mentioned xenotechnology for study by our scientists. You have not mentioned the exact nature of much of this technology you have developed, save for the prototype power cores, but further research on samples and specimens of the technology offered will be required on our end before these can be evaluated as acceptable collateral for a trade agreement. I have also been directed to greenlight a member of EFL Oil and Machinery - the current Crown corporation in charge of spearheading this manner of civilian research - to handle further arrangements directly, with supervision from the appropriate government bureau at all points. Should any of your technology be found to have military related applications, it is likely that the Royal Navy will express an interest as well. Nevertheless, the Crown itself intends to conduct its own evaluation, with EFL Oil and Machinery acting as our proxy in this regard. A representative of theirs will follow this transmission up shortly.

Our hopes for the outcome of this exchange mirror those of you and your organisation.

Cordialement,
-Jean-Paul LaCroix, Ministry of Foreign Affairs

[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 5 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Finn McCool :-_-_-_-_-

Good day Minister LaCroix -

I'm responding t' this comm again, as representatives from EFL contacted me separately for a meeting in person. We met yesterday, around 0300 local time in front of New Paris, as they deemed it safest t' meet within Gallia herself, instead of the outer systems. As such, no war vessels were brought, nor does the Ingenuus Research Group maintain any pure-warship vessels.

Regardless, I must comment on the manner of which the meetings was conducted. The slander spread by many in Sirius have painted Gallia and her citizens as brutal animals who care not for anything or anyone. Quite a relief t' have my thoughts confirmed. As such, I'd like t' provide the relevant logs of our discussion for the record.

We thank the EFL as well as the yourself for providing us the opportunity t' come t' an agreement and share resources, and we will begin right away examining and researching this technology. Likewise, the information provided t' the EFL as well as the crown will hopefully be of immense value, and as we offered t' the representatives we met, we would be willing t' work with your scientists in finding practical applications of such intel with Gallic technology.

Lastly, I would like t' repeat what was said in our meeting, that we hope this is but the first of many interactions the IRG and the citizens of Gallia have.

With respect,

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group