Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Stefan Mortensen - Personal Logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- New entry: 31st of March, 823 A.S.

After more than two years of absence, I finally got the chance to visit Malta. I almost forgot what happiness is, but was reminded today. Seeing the orange planet made me forget everything, and even though it was a very brief moment, the overwhelming joy was coursing through my veins. I was welcomed by an individual named Mendes - the commander of a Storta that was flying under the Cross colors. After a short conversation, he informed me to contact a certain someone going by the name Harry Callahan. Apparently, there is something I could assist with. Shortly after, Inquisitor Espinoza appeared as well. A rather intriguing persona. She updated me on the current situation within the Maltese society - it is worse than I expected.

Seems like the Ghosts are back, trying to stage another civil war. Considering who the current administrator is, I wouldn't be too surprised, if not for the fact that she might be working in correlation with the Contari family. Even though I was going to give Casta the benefit of the doubt, it seems like she is back to her old ways. I offered Espinoza my assistance and it seems like I'll be hearing from her again, when the time is right. I should get in touch with Callahan, see who he is and what I can help with.

- New entry: 5th of April, 823 A.S.

The Cross is still very cryptic about what they are up to. Contacting Callahan didn't do anything but bring up more questions. By now, I should know better than to engage in random issues that Maltese societies have, but I just can't help it. This Callahan persona is ever more secretive about what the Cross is trying to achieve than Espinoza was - hopefully with a good reason. Despite the obvious better choice of not working with such a shadowy organization, I'm going to have to if I ever want to set foot on Malta again, as opposed to watching it from the orbit, full of regret. I wasn't sure what to think of the Cross, so I figured I'd contact Venkman and see if he knows anything. Venkman, still alive and kicking - certainly an unexpected outcome. Nevertheless, he proved somewhat helpful, and even though he had no vital information on Espinoza or Callahan, he assured me that the Cross has never crossed anyone. Ugh, no pun intended. My only choice for now is to wait for them to say the word, so I can finally see what the hell is going on.

I decided to pay a visit to Delta a couple of days ago. Interestingly enough, I ran into someone that I briefly met back in Rheinland. Katherine Snow is the name. She seems to be tied to Hellfire Legion. I never dealt with any of their operatives in the past so this is an opportunity I'm not going to miss. Turns out, we agree on a lot of things. There's something about her that I haven't seen in a long time, though I can't tell what it is yet. I dropped her a message to call me when she is about to leave the edge worlds. Now that I think of it, it was a little embarrassing, but, if I go on another trip around Sirius by myself, I'm probably going to lose it. Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess.

- New entry: 7th of April, 823 A.S.

The last couple of days were eventful to say the least. While waiting for Katherine near the Freeport, I met a strange woman. Seeing someone carry cardamine around Delta was certainly unexpected. Aside from that, there was an annoying self-proclaimed researcher hell bent on sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. By the time Katherine arrived, it got to the point where the woman I previously met grabbed her bomber and blew up the guy's transport. His trigger-happy friend in a Core gunboat wasn't too happy about it, but we managed to take him out with some teamwork. I still don't know the woman's name but I should definitely keep an eye on her as she might prove a valuable asset in the future.

After that, Katherine and I traveled all the way to Tau thirty-seven. Apparently, her sister is the administrator of the Freeport ten. We had a breakfast this morning after which I decided to go back to Delta. Interestingly enough, earlier today, I ran into another ship carrying cardamine. The guy's name is Geoff Enfield and he works for the Rheinland's intelligence agency, the Buro. We had an extensive chat and got to know each other, exchanging our life stories in the process. His will to cooperate with the masters didn't go by me unnoticed. Apparently, he's putting his head on the chopping block by helping one of our agents stay undercover within Buro, which many people wouldn't do in their right mind. He's got contacts all around Sirius and I should probably keep him in mind if I ever run into any obstacles.