Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ingenuus R&D: Lab 006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First entry

New times, new chances

The automatic neon lights started to jitter as Ingenuus head Finn McCool and Hans von Goeben entered the room. Finn's companion squinted his eyes when the bright light flooded every inch and level of the white laboratory, numbered 006. He laughed and gave Goeben a pat on the shoulder.
"Already had your first enlightenment, Hans? What a promising start!"
Finn was a mighty intelligent man, but the puns he presented were... really lousy. But even the leader of the renowned Ingenuus Research Group was a mere human. What is more human than having a few flaws like this?
But what Hans was allowed to lay his eyes on after getting used to the brightness would compensate far worse:

[Image: 2T5ZTIp.png] [Image: 13a71b4817.png]
[Image: b8fc81620d.png]

As he walked forward into the lab, he had to hold himself up against the rail with his hands. He stared in awe with an open mouth down at the technical wonderland. The job was becoming better and better by the minute. His new employer definitely exceeded expectations when it came to Ingenuus' laboratory standards.

McCool appeared in the corner of Hans' vision. "So, doctor, Laboratory 006 is your freshly inherited kingdom." A melancholic tone backed his voice up. "As you know, the association is growing constantly, and thus many new duties keep me from continuing my active research." This time, Finn's shoulder patting was paternal, like the one a son receives from his father.

Hans still was overwhelmed and unable to utter a single word. He had been working in a private laboratory onboard the Westphalia, his yacht, for years. It was pretty top notch for a small research vessel, but the installation he was given by contract would outsmart any Cryer lab with ease.
Never had the freelancing scientist thought of such a quantum jump in his career until that fateful mail that included an invitation to the Ingenuus, the mobile headquarters and command vessel of the Ingenuus Research Group, had reached him about a week ago.

"I...I...am...", Goeben tried to focuse again,"...I don't know what to say, heh." A big, bright smile suddenly formed on his lips. "This beauty really is under my control now? The whole laboratory?!"
Finn would notice a tear of joy rolling down his employee's cheek. Appearently, he wasn't lying about his joy.

A soft smile accompanied McCool's words."Yes, lad. Your very own room t' play in. And your new brothers and sisters in Ingenuus are looking forward t' your results you will create! You have every possible avenue available t' live up t' your dreams and recommendations which brought you here, Hans. Feel free t' use your freedom onboard. You can even change the lights in here if you want to, heh."

Hours later, after having a close look at the devices, machines, computers and whatnot, the new owner of Lab 006 dropped tiredly into the comfy office seat in front of his new private terminal.

What a day. And what an exciting new future ahead of the young scientist...