Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Richard Webb for President!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: aHF7won.png]

Overview

Liberty is tired of Powell, tired of his antics and failed policy. Liberty is tired of losing the
race in technology, employment, naval strength, production, and quality of life. The people of liberty are tired, period. Richard Webb Plans to change that and make Liberty Great again and bring back the Libertonian Dream

• Name: Webb For President
• Tag: Webb|-
• ID: USI ID
• IFF: USI

• Naming convention:

Webb|-Firstname.Lastname - snub craft
ex. Webb|-Richard.Webb

Webb|-T-Winning-noun - transports
ex. Webb|-T-Victory

Webb|-L-Winning-noun - liners
ex. Webb|-L-Victory

Goals:

◦ Win Liberty’s presidential election in 823 AS.
◦ Advertise Richard Webb and his ideals for Liberty.
◦ Raise funds for the campaign (While Webb has plenty of money to finance the campaign, every extra credit counts.)

Beliefs

o Junkers need to be held accountable for their actions and will be punished for what they have done previously. Not only will a wall be built around Puerto Rico, but the Junkers will also be the ones paying for said wall.
o Kusari will be held accountable for its abuses of free trade and production, and until they reform their industry and stop resorting to anti-competitive measures for trade, embargoes and tariffs will be placed on Kusari Goods.
o Not only will we resume war with Rhienland, but we will do it right this time, and when it comes time to end said war, not only will we will have a proper exit strategy that ensures stability for the sector, but we will also negotiate a better treaty that actually benefits Liberty and its citizens.
o We will put an emphasis on upgrading the navy and providing better quality for our veterans, so that we will be more effective in fighting the wars on Gallia, Rhienland, Junkers, Corsairs, Outcasts, Communists, Terrorists, and all other entities that threaten our way of life here in Liberty.
o We will purge the corrupt and lazy from government positions.
o We will win the war on Cardamine and all other drugs.
o We will make Liberty great again.

Structure

• Campaign Interns:

The new guys and girls to the campaign. Since everyone has to start somewhere, you will start here. You will prove your worth to the campaign by convincing people to vote for Webb and handing out his fliers, as well as by raising money for the campaign

Has access to:
- Snubcraft
- Transports

• Campaign Workers:
The people with some experience in the campaign who have proved their abilities in swaying votes and raising money for the campaign. They have seniority over the interns. Other than that, nothing changes.
Has access to:
- Snubcraft
- Transports

• Campaign Managers:
The people who have plenty of experience with the campaign and have contributed greatly to its success. They are granted access to one of Webb’s liners at a small fee for campaign use.
Has access to:
- Snubcraft
- Transports
- Enterprise Liners

• Richard Webb:
The person we all rally behind and hope wins the presidential election. He will bring glory back to Liberty and will resurrect the Libertonian Dream. He will revive the middle class and he will make Liberty great again.
Has access to:
- Snubcraft
- Transports
- Enterprise Liners

Guidelines

· Despite using the USI ID, we try to stay within the house of Liberty as that is where Webb’s constituents are.
· You may not CD or shoot the people you are trying to convince to vote for Webb unless they shoot or CD you first.
· You will attempt to hand out propaganda campaign material to the people you are trying to convince to vote for Webb.
· You must follow the laws of Liberty, despite not agreeing with its current leadership.

Registration

So, you want to sign up for Richard Webb’s campaign? Great! All you have to do is send in the following form with all the information it needs. You will then soon be contacted for getting everything set up and ready to go.

Code:
Name:
Why do you support Mr. Webb:
Have you ever been convicted or accused of a felony:

OORP
Have you been sanctioned/banned? If so, why:

Another blatantly obvious Donald Trump parody? Is that what we're doing, now?

Didn't go so well for the last guy who tried, I'm afraid. And no, that wasn't me.
For what it's worth, I actually like the idea of civilian groups, and I recently had the idea to create a political organization that any character who is a Libertonian citizen could be a member of (not a proper "faction" but something more akin to a political party, just something small on the side to spice up the roleplay of a Libertonian character with), petitioning the government to remove the 23-years-old ban on artifacts, since in vanilla it was established that artifact trading was actually a massive industry with organization, regulation, and even its own trade unions, and I always felt that the way it was never addressed again in either the campaign or in Disco was kind of silly, to say nothing of Disco's intense lack of realistic civilian presence - trading faction after trading faction doesn't really cut it in a universe where owning a spaceship is like owning a car is IRL.

Whew, that was a long sentence.

I post this here because, thanks to my forum status, I can't post my thoughts in relevant sections like general discussion, and this seemed a relatively appropriate place for it. All of that being said, however, I don't really think blatant Trump parodies contribute greatly to server roleplay, and I'd discourage anyone else from feeding these particular trolls, as well.
(04-05-2016, 03:50 AM)Petitioner Wrote: [ -> ]For what it's worth, I actually like the idea of civilian groups, and I recently had the idea to create a political organization that any character who is a Libertonian citizen could be a member of (not a proper "faction" but something more akin to a political party, just something small on the side to spice up the roleplay of a Libertonian character with), petitioning the government to remove the 23-years-old ban on artifacts, since in vanilla it was established that artifact trading was actually a massive industry with organization, regulation, and even its own trade unions, and I always felt that the way it was never addressed again in either the campaign or in Disco was kind of silly, to say nothing of Disco's intense lack of realistic civilian presence - trading faction after trading faction doesn't really cut it in a universe where owning a spaceship is like owning a car is IRL.

Whew, that was a long sentence.

I post this here because, thanks to my forum status, I can't post my thoughts in relevant sections like general discussion, and this seemed a relatively appropriate place for it. All of that being said, however, I don't really think blatant Trump parodies contribute greatly to server roleplay, and I'd discourage anyone else from feeding these particular trolls, as well.

I really couldn't say it better myself. Basically this.